Liverpool Away

Got this late morning...

---------------------------------------

30 Sept 2022, 11:58 BST

Hi John
Thanks for your email.
Official travel information will be out later today- however my understanding is collections will be from Goodison park- around a 15 min walk from Anfield. Times will be from 1.30-6 on Monday or 10.30 - kick off on matchday
Regards
David
I know the hospitality allocated tickets have been sent out. I’m still waiting on details for ticket uplift to be sent to me.

For those struggling for parking im using the car park at "The BNENC Big Car Booty' (as it is on googlemaps) on Mere Lane, really closs to the ground. A scouse mate of mine told me he parks there. It's a charity place who open their car park for matchdays.

I spoke to them on the phone, gates open at 6pm, they have permit holders but if you arrive early enough anyone can use it, so need to be there early. Its £10 to park there, the car park is shut during the game for security but they open it again at full time until 11pm.

11pm might be a struggle especially if we are kept in for half an hour.

I used YourParkingSpace got something 10 mins away for £15

Check out Oswestry Street right behind the KOP. I lived in the street until Feb this year. Despite the signs saying parking restrictions are in play and only residents are allowed to park if they have a permit this was NOT the case.

I had numerous conversations with the Council over this as the street was like a car park on matchdays. They informed me the parking restrictions were unenforceable as they hadnt been ratified. The signs meant nothing and virtually every resident was cashing in using their driveway as a parking space.

The bloke across the road from me got £40 off two blokes who turned up one night in a Range Rover and couldnt get parked. They could have left their car in the street for free.

It might be an idea to check with the Council first. Just to be safe.

Longside could be either stand not behind the goals as they are short side. It just means that they haven't specified which side.

And don't use a Scottish address for your address or the billing address or they will likely be cancelled
I had 3 orders cancelled by then even putting my mates Liverpool account. If your using a Scottish bank account they cancel it.

Finally got 3 tickets from footballticketnet.com

All been confirmed and they don’t seem so strict with bank account. Put a Liverpool address for the dispatch address though there 99 percent likely to be e tickets.

Longside could be either stand not behind the goals as they are short side. It just means that they haven't specified which side.

And don't use a Scottish address for your address or the billing address or they will likely be cancelled

What site is it thats cancelling home end tickets?

What's the best way to get back into the city centre after the game?

Its about 2 miles. Head up Venmore Street behind the Kop and into Mere Lane. Cross the road into Everton Park and you can see the city centre from there. Cut through the park. Its all downhill and you'll do it in about 30 minutes.

The traffic is nose to tail and takes forever to clear so buses and taxis arent an option.

Get a pint in the Derry Club top of Mere Lane.

Buses into city are Nos 17, 19 and 27 but I dont think thats such a good idea with the traffic.

11pm might be a struggle especially if we are kept in for half an hour.

I was thinking that but it's not expected that we will be kept in, apparently it rarely happens for Liverpool. Even if we are we should be out the ground by 22:30 and it's only a 10min max walk from the away end.

I was thinking that but it's not expected that we will be kept in, apparently it rarely happens for Liverpool. Even if we are we should be out the ground by 22:30 and it's only a 10min max walk from the away end.

Liverpool have their own subway loyal but its not as big and its less obvious. You'll be fine.

You seen the state of the building site at our end of the ground?

Incredible they can keep a stand functional whilst making such huge changes

Its about 2 miles. Head up Venmore Street behind the Kop and into Mere Lane. Cross the road into Everton Park and you can see the city centre from there. Cut through the park. Its all downhill and you'll do it in about 30 minutes.

The traffic is nose to tail and takes forever to clear so buses and taxis arent an option.

Get a pint in the Derry Club top of Mere Lane.

Buses into city are Nos 17, 19 and 27 but I dont think thats such a good idea with the traffic.
Relatively trouble free walk? Likely in the away end

You could have popped in to my place for a cup of tea if I hadnt sold up in Feb. To say Im gutted is an under statement.
We’re staying city centre that night and booked San Carlo for lunch having enjoyed it in Manchester. If you’d recommend anywhere else then happy to do that!

We’re staying city centre that night and booked San Carlo for lunch having enjoyed it in Manchester. If you’d recommend anywhere else then happy to do that!

San Carlo is good. You cant go wrong in Castle Street. Plenty of nice places to eat though they can be expensive.

Gino De Campo had a place at the end of Castle Street but its recently changed hands. Still excellent Im told. Then there's Mowgli just across the road in Water Street if you fancy a curry.

Last edited:
Any suggestions which area to park? Happy to park a bit of a walk away to avoid traffic, loads of spaces on justpark just not sure where to pick.

In terms of buying tickets from a secondary website, is it just as simple as using a bankcard that isn't registered to a Scottish address?

I don't suppose if you buy the ticket in someone else's name it really matters, since you won't be asked to produce ID on your way into the stadium?

How much are people paying for home end tickets?

Might buy my mate one if it's not totally ridiculous.

Actually not too bad.

I'll have a look tomorrow.

I'm assuming they're e tickets and they get sent them over via email?

E-tickets or mobile tickets on the site are the 2 options mate. Some mobile tickets on the site just now guarantee 24 hours delivery just now.

Back