Liverpool banning fans caught scalping UCL Final tickets

I thought the idea was that tickets distributed directly via the clubs could not then be transferred (in the way the UEFA ballot ones could). How were the 'scalpers' going to transfer their tickets? Unless they were giving the new owners their login details.

Fair play to Liverpool - but 13 seats, small numbers. Where the majority of re-sold tickets will be in the UEFA ballot tickets.

Once again, root cause is UEFA - giving clubs 20k tickets in an 80k venue is disgraceful.
What I don't understand is how someone thinks giving tickets to neutrals is a good thing or good idea? It does not and has never happened anywhere else. It is very strange.

I could never ask a fellow bear to pay other than face value, or, sometimes, like Erskine veterans, I prefer to give the ticket free to a good cause.
I paid £1000 for a £120 ticket. It was not directly from the guy I dealt with, but saw a whattsap message saying "big Len has a spare as his old man has COVID £1000"

Good move by Liverpool but as another poster has said. Vast majority of touted tickets are from the UEFA neutral ballot and I can’t see that changing in the future.

People are only moaning about this because we got to the final this year.

Uefa have done a neutral ballot for as long as I can remember.
I know they have but it is the same principle, they are the only ones that do it for their finals. It is not fair at all on any club that get there, whether that is us or anyone else.
Why should fans follow their team all over Europe only to be told sorry no ticket for you as we would rather give it to someone with no affiliation to either club?
It doesn't make sense for anyone involved.

I know they have but it is the same principle, they are the only ones that do it for their finals. It is not fair at all on any club that get there, whether that is us or anyone else.
Why should fans follow their team all over Europe only to be told sorry no ticket for you as we would rather give it to someone with no affiliation to either club?
It doesn't make sense for anyone involved.
FIFA and Conmebol do it mind to be fair. Think you are meaning for Cup Finals across nations are you?

I don’t agree with it by the way.

I got 2 Europa final tickets in the last minute (Friday before) UEFA sale.

Couldn’t make it due to work.

Exchanged them for 2 Scot Cup final tickets plus cost difference with a lad I contacted via local RSC.

He offered me a good few hundred notes on top to secure the Seville briefs, but I didn’t consider it - never profiteer from a fellow bear.

Edit - the same day I was outside Tynecastle trying to find a ticket and a lad tried to sell me one for £50 (£31 face) “that’s what I’m looking for it”! Sadly we don’t all think the same - and I told him to piss off, only for another lad to pay him the £50 immediately.

I thought the idea was that tickets distributed directly via the clubs could not then be transferred (in the way the UEFA ballot ones could). How were the 'scalpers' going to transfer their tickets? Unless they were giving the new owners their login details.
Yep pass on the login details.

I've got nothing against face value transfers for those that can't make it, but ripping-off fellow fans is not on and anyone doing it deserves everything they get.
The club have a list they go down.
It's debatable whether you (or I) have the right to decide yer mate/da/son deserves one before next on the list to be honest.

Exchanged them for 2 Scot Cup final tickets plus cost difference with a lad I contacted via local RSC.

He offered me a good few hundred notes on top to secure the Seville briefs, but I didn’t consider it - never profiteer from a fellow bear.

Edit - the same day I was outside Tynecastle trying to find a ticket and a lad tried to sell me one for £50 (£31 face) “that’s what I’m looking for it”! Sadly we don’t all think the same - and I told him to piss off, only for another lad to pay him the £50 immediately.
I know a few fellas who would have broke his jaw for that

Robbing bastard

There’s some merit in having a ballot so anyone can apply but the system is clearly open to abuse and absolutely nothing to stop someone getting 4 tickets and flogging then on

It's a sellers market unfortunately, supply and demand, I don't agree with inflated ticket prices, but many on here paid £££ for a ticket last Wednesday night.

Scousers being scousers then. Who’d have thought it?
Loads do it now to be fair, it’s basically a free hit at making a few quid for the CL Final every year. Plenty were saying on here they’ll be having a crack at it next season.

That’s absolutely grim about that Hearts ticket. What a prick!

You could end up with a Monaco v Leipzig final and the ballot tickets wouldn’t be worth as much as face value.

You could end up with a Monaco v Leipzig final and the ballot tickets wouldn’t be worth as much as face value.
Don’t pay for them then mind do you. I was surprised you had to pay once you got a yes or no from the ballot.

Using CL final tickets to make a few quid instead of taking in the occasion? Tin pot tourist clubs.

What I don't understand is how someone thinks giving tickets to neutrals is a good thing or good idea? It does not and has never happened anywhere else. It is very strange.
As far as I am aware something similar does actually happen most places but not strictly in the way UEFA do it with an open ballot.

I'm not sure whether or not it still happens but the SFA used to allocate Scottish Cup Final tickets to all clubs in the competition. Think it was a relatively small allocation and I believe the Juniors Association also got an allocation.

Think the English had a similar scheme.

In reality most of those tickets were passed on and ultimately ended up with fans of the finalists at face value.

I've seen greedy bastards getting a sore face and their tickets taken from them in some places. A few years ago outside the beggar dome in particular!

Can't abide scum who sell at inflated prices to other Rangers fans.

I paid £1000 for a £120 ticket. It was not directly from the guy I dealt with, but saw a whattsap message saying "big Len has a spare as his old man has COVID £1000"
It's a sellers market unfortunately, supply and demand, I don't agree with inflated ticket prices, but many on here paid £££ for a ticket last Wednesday night.

UEFA know the details of who every ticket went to.

Anyone paying over the face value for a ticket should report their ticket details to the Club, if any of them originated from anyone on the Club’s system they should be banned from Ibrox for life.

Reactions: krs
Whilst there is merit in Liverpool going after those fans, and as has been mentioned folk punting the odd ticket at massive prices. But in reality they’re a fairly small percentage of the problem.

On the Monday before our final I had a look at Ticombo and of the 40 odd tickets there listed, I’m sure there was something like 32 all being listed by the 1 seller. It’s going after the professional touts that would have the biggest impact.

Last edited:

Horrible individual

It might be nice to give tickets to local neutrals. But yeah the idea anyone around the world with no connection with either club or the host city is crazy when demand so exceeds supply.

People are only moaning about this because we got to the final this year.

Uefa have done a neutral ballot for as long as I can remember.

I'd say people are only moaning about it because by getting to the final they've had the whole shoddy shite highlighted to them.

I didn't know this was how it worked before this year.

Liverpool fans who had applied for uefa cup final tickets earlier in the tourney back in 2003 and got lucky in the ballot but had been knocked out by the scum in the quarter finals made a nice wee profit from the beggar fans to make up for not being there.

Normally I hate seeing people getting ripped off for either concerts or football matches but when it comes to that lot I will make an exception.

Fair play to Liverpool - but 13 seats, small numbers. Where the majority of re-sold tickets will be in the UEFA ballot tickets.

Once again, root cause is UEFA - giving clubs 20k tickets in an 80k venue is disgraceful.
It’s the governing body that is corrupt and basically facilitates the corruption of others.
No doubt that there are plenty of backhanded arrangements to ensure that plenty of face value tickets go into the hands of people who will sell them for a tidy profit and return some of that profit to individuals responsible for allocations

It’s the governing body that is corrupt and basically facilitates the corruption of others.
No doubt that there are plenty of backhanded arrangements to ensure that plenty of face value tickets go into the hands of people who will sell them for a tidy profit and return some of that profit to individuals responsible for allocations

Wouldn’t surprise me. There was a huge amount of our final tickets in the hands of ‘professional’ touts. And whilst a handful of individuals control the majority of the tickets, they are effectively in control of the sky high prices and allow the other punters who got a couple of tickets in a ballot to charge the same high premiums.

UEFA could do so much more to stop up but they won’t.

I just can't understand anyone lucky enough to get a ticket would sell it, surely watching your team get there is what its all about?!

I just can't understand anyone lucky enough to get a ticket would sell it, surely watching your team get there is what its all about?!
You would be surprised seen guys sell cup final tickets and old firm tickets for beer money than go to the game.

You would be surprised seen guys sell cup final tickets and old firm tickets for beer money than go to the game.
No doubt it happens mate, just can't get my head around it! Couldn't imagine watching my team all over then when it comes to one of the biggest ever games selling my ticket to make a few quid! Also could never sell a ticket to a fellow fan for over the original price, would feel like a scumbag

There’s Liverpool fans selling fakes on Twitter for £100, you’d think out of most they’d know better.
How would fakes even be a thing when there aren’t even any paper tickets it’s all done on the uefa app. The only punters are getting ripped off is if the person who is selling the ticket doesn’t transfer them the ticket on the uefa app.

How would fakes even be a thing when there aren’t even any paper tickets it’s all done on the uefa app. The only punters are getting ripped off is if the person who is selling the ticket doesn’t transfer them the ticket on the uefa app.
Was my initial thought mate but I read the thread and supposedly CL ones from the clubs aren’t which surprised me if true considering ours were, I thought all would be the same

Back