Liverpool bid £158m for Asensio

Does anybody even recognise football as a working mans sport anymore?

Outwith Rangers i think I actually hate it.

Costs a fortune to watch it. Players are a bunch of over paid pricks. It's barely ever entertaining as its all about how much money a club can earn from league positions.

And then there is transfer fees like this that could feed a small nation for a long time.

Utter bollocks. Money ruins everything.

Costs a fortune to watch it. Players are a bunch of over paid pricks. It's barely ever entertaining as its all about how much money a club can earn from league positions.

And then there is transfer fees like this that could feed a small nation for a long time.

Totally agree BBB, my thoughts entirely.

This.
Such a shame.
Brian Clough was right.
Maybe not in the exact way he prophesised ..... but right nonetheless.

Exactly the same feelings as you mate. Used to hardly miss a game on TV knew all the top players , could recall goals from Milan derbies, Barca, Madrid games etc. Now I couldn't even tell you what this £150m player looks like, he could have been stood next to me and I wouldn't have known him.

I couldn't justify getting a season ticket for next season at Ibrox as I would have struggled to make more than six games , a mate who has his own business was contemplating getting four corporate tickets for Anfield at £11k each.

Fair play to Liverpool clearly trying to take that next step. It’s a lot of money but he’s young, could easy have him for 5 years and still recoup the majority of that, or these days who knows maybe even more

It’s time this was stopped. It’s completely and utterly abhorrent that this can be allowed to continue.
I have as a few on here already mentioned lost the love for the game out with Rangers. Watching a few games at the world cup makes me realise this is no longer a sport it’s tv entertainment heading for WWE farce status.
No footballer alive is worth half of that money not even Ronaldo or Messi. This defy’s logic. If bosman changed the game to player power then if transfers like this do happen then just let players agents run world football.
If it is thought through it probably means no more than 8-10 teams in the world will control the entire sport.

He isn't worth anywhere near that.
No one is.

When you consider what our entire club, including the stadium, training ground, all the infrastructure and commercial rights etc etc went for after the CVA... correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was around £5.5million...
I realise that there were a number of other factors, but it just shows the hyper-inflation of the game in the bigger leagues when you consider that in the 80's we were the richest club in Britain.

Madrid or Liverpool? .... to live in I mean before superrangers has an aneurism.

It’s a poor source regardless but I just don’t see many players making that swap.

No one is.

When you consider what our entire club, including the stadium, training ground, all the infrastructure and commercial rights etc etc went for after the CVA... correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was around £5.5million...
I realise that there were a number of other factors, but it just shows the hyper-inflation of the game in the bigger leagues when you consider that in the 80's we were the richest club in Britain.
It's killing the game , outside of the major leagues what chance do you have .

Not only do they throw around money like confetti, they hoover up all the best young talent from around the globe , most of which never sees a first team jersey.

Obscene amounts of money have finished the game as a broad competition .

The Champions league being a prime example .

i'd say lack of value ruins everything

as we've seen at our own club

Decent player but nowhere near Real Madrid standard.

If true and not media bs imo these big clubs are at it washing money clean.
Yes, and the question is, what will he do for Liverpool.
Will he be the difference between winning the league or not?
Winning the Champions League or not?

I always wonder how they get to these valuations ...

to me when it gets to that level of fee what’s the difference to these mega rich clubs between 158 and rounding it to 160 m .....

I always wonder if an extra million or two will break the deal ie Is it likely to get knocked back because real are holding out for 160 and Liverpool can’t streatch to the 160 .... mind boggling numbers !!!!

I always wonder how they get to these valuations ...

to me when it gets to that level of fee what’s the difference to these mega rich clubs between 158 and rounding it to 160 m .....

I always wonder if an extra million or two will break the deal ie Is it likely to get knocked back because real are holding out for 160 and Liverpool can’t streatch to the 160 .... mind boggling numbers !!!!

is it not usually just the Euro equivalent rounded to pound sterling?

Versatile player & he would do extremely well there if they signed him tbf.

If the money is there to be spent, and the player takes you to the level you want to be, then why not?

He's only 22 as well, so it's not like they wont recoup any of that back when he moves on.

Back