Liverpool chiefs Jurgen Klopp doubts increase as reds further push for Steven Gerrard(Mirror)

We all know he'll leave as soon as Liverpool snap their fingers. And I'm ok with that. Not one of us should grudge him his dream job.

But I hope it's not for at least another five years

5 years, you can bet your house on it if we win the league next year and another successful euro run and Klopp is leaving it’s who their support will want its not luck what Gerrard has done with us they won’t be taking a gamble he’s transformed us and his coaches are first class.

When the call comes it’ll happen.

Too soon ....here's a thought maybe Stevie G doesn't want the Liverpool job at the moment , and he himself doesn't think he is ready. He is on record as saying he loves it here , and people down South underestimate the size of Rangers. All it takes is an upturn in Liverpool's form for this to be forgotten. Stevie G will be here for 56 at the least

A lot of Liverpool supporters don't even want Gerrard in right now as they're worried it will be another Lampard. This is a complete non story anyway designed to get clicks & nothing more.

If Klopp left in the next 12 months Gerrard could easily decline knowing he'd be in a better place experience wise the next time it became available ........

On another note has Michael Beale ambitions of being a Number 1 and would he be keen to stay ??.......

If Klopp left in the next 12 months Gerrard could easily decline knowing he'd be in a better place experience wise the next time it became available ........

On another note has Michael Beale ambitions of being a Number 1 and would he be keen to stay ??.......
I was thinking about this too, I really can’t see Gerrard going to Liverpool without Mick B.

seeing more places report this now, still think klopp will stay 1 more season and gerrard will get CL football. But if he goes this season no ill will, he's a rangers legend and can do whatever he wants at this point.

however if he does go, i would like to see defoe take over as manager.

seeing more places report this now, still think klopp will stay 1 more season and gerrard will get CL football. But if he goes this season no ill will, he's a Rangers legend and can do whatever he wants at this point.

however if he does go, i would like to see defoe take over as manager.
Defoe?
Not the worse shout I have seen, but wouldn't he need some experience of coaching, even if it was a youth team?

Defoe?
Not the worse shout I have seen, but wouldn't he need some experience of coaching, even if it was a youth team?
he's played in our team and knows gerrards tactics and plans, knows how the team work and does some light coaching work with youths. He could continue that on imo.

I realise it will be a risk but so was gerrard and that worked out, arguably less of a risk as gerrard will have won us a title so there's not as much pressure any more. To be honest I think any manager is a risk except for the likes of walter smith.

Last edited:
Whatever happens, I hope that our club has proper succession planning in place and has secured the services of the back room analysis staff to prevent them going too

I had a dream last night Stevie G left for Liverpool and our new manager was Mikel Arteta!! Haha

He isn’t knocking Liverpool back whenever they come for him that’s a fact but I will have no ill will to Gerrard come in pulled this club back up by the socks gave us our pride and standards back and put us back on top he will be a legend.

If he decides to leave, whether that’s another EPL team or Liverpool, he’ll be going with everyone’s best wishes

He’s cemented himself as a club legend by winning the league this season and stopping 10iar. I just don’t think he’s ready at present
I'd be worried he left and took Michael Beale as well.

There’s zero chance Gerrard will be Liverpool manager next year, he’s not ready.

A season in CL with us, possibly another season beyond that and he’d be ready to step up

"Not ready" ... no disrespect, but that was the same line of thought that the chuckling band of former and current Yahoos and their sycophants said on the day the Liverpool youth coach took over the middle seat at Rangers FC.

SG has grown into a good manager of a big club with great ambitions within 3 seasons and the only difference that the EPL will bring is the money he can fling about for players (and said players' egos). All the rest he knows and has experienced first hand as a EPL player.

It remains to be seen whether he think he`s willing to go there anytime soon. Liverpool might be out of sight in the EPL, but the CL is still very much a possibility.

I live in England - as far as most are concerned he has won a pub league , but Europe has shut them up. He will go when he ants to go , and it is not now. He has treated every club in laeage with respect , proved beyond doubt he knows what he is doing , never panics or loses head , never says a bad word .

has contract until 2024 - he will honour that !

"Not ready" ... no disrespect, but that was the same line of thought that the chuckling band of former and current Yahoos and their sycophants said on the day the Liverpool youth coach took over the middle seat at Rangers FC.

SG has grown into a good manager of a big club with great ambitions within 3 seasons and the only difference that the EPL will bring is the money he can fling about for players (and said players' egos). All the rest he knows and has experienced first hand as a EPL player.

It remains to be seen whether he think he`s willing to go there anytime soon. Liverpool might be out of sight in the EPL, but the CL is still very much a possibility.

With all due respect, a large % of our fans wanted him gone in March 2020 but thank god we didn’t get our wish

I’ve explained why I think he needs more time to learn and the crux of it is that up until this season, he was far too rigid and didn’t know how to make subs/tactical alterations to change a game

How many times did we say “Teams know how to play us” in his first 2 seasons? I’d say it was fairly regularly. Even this season he’s admitted that his inability to get things right is why we’ve fallen short

He’s definitely more pragmatic this season but I think another season with us would be more beneficial - go and retain the title, win a cup and get into the CL groups, then he’ll be ready

Silly question when we win 55 is Gerrard a big Rangers legend than Liverpool legend?

Not for me, he’s cemented himself as a Rangers legend but not on the level of Walter Smith, Souness or McCoist (player)

He’s a god to Liverpool fans, he’s not on that level for us

Silly question when we win 55 is Gerrard a big Rangers legend than Liverpool legend?
Yes, he has God like status in Liverpool and will certainly have a similar status with us after putting us back at the top of Scottish football and ending Celtic's dominance.

Lampard may have just put the brakes on this for this season. But if Liverpool come calling it's a done deal next season.

Not sure why champions league experience is thought to be such a big factor for the Liverpool board.

He’s played against “champions league” level teams in his time with us. More importantly, he’s shown he can compete with and overcome European teams on similar or bigger budgets than his own.

Competing in the CL with Rangers budget/resources is a different ballgame to that at Liverpool - so don’t think it’s highly relevant.

I just don’t think he’s ready for the EPL just yet IMO but that’s not taking away from the massive improvements he’s brought to our team.. I would imagine he would like to test himself against champions league opposition next season. That would be a good measurement as to where he’s at.
Would he just take the Liverpool job for the sake of it.?? I’m not sure..I would imagine he want to go to Liverpool knowing he’s tested himself at the very highest level before committing to his dream job.

he's played in our team and knows gerrards tactics and plans, knows how the team work and does some light coaching work with youths. He could continue that on imo.

I realise it will be a risk but so was gerrard and that worked out, arguably less of a risk as gerrard will have won us a title so there's not as much pressure any more. To be honest I think any manager is a risk except for the likes of walter smith.
One aspect of Steven Gerrard is his smartness in selecting a good team around him.
Gerrard seems to be a disciplined workaholic who only has people of the same mindset surrounding him.
Defoe fits the bill on the discipline and work ethic side, but would he be able to select such a clever team around him?

GgzW5tV.gif

What a waste it would be for Klopp to jump into international management.

If he was wanting to move on he could pretty much name his club and price (probably post-Guardiola style sabbatical), not waste away some of his prime years coaching a national side.
Got me thinking that a swap, would not, be the end of the World LOL

A few bad results in EPL and this is what you get from the media. The Liverpool fans love Klop and have made their feelings known they don't want him to leave and are 100% behind him. Media looking for a story.

I'm another on the list of thinking he'd knock it back if it came up just now. He's well aware he's still learning & still making mistakes so wouldn't want to go in there too early & make an arse of it. We're the ideal testing grounds until his trade's been honed to the best he can be. As has been said, he was a loyal player, it's doubtful he'll start club hopping now he's a manager.

Gerrard is not on their radar and won't be going anywhere near Liverpool or a club that size anytime soon. The amount of folk on here who says that baffles me. He is not ready yet. He's won nothing with us in 3 years (currently) so what makes everyone think he would be in line for the Liverpool job?

I'm by no means bashing Gerrard either. It has been amazing seeing his progress and how we as a team have shaped up under his tenure. His first part of our rebuild is almost complete. Next stage is maintaining and Champions League qualification. If that becomes the norm then perhaps my view will change on this. Until then, there's absolutely no chance.

The story isn't nonsense mate. Things aren't right at Liverpool at the moment and it wouldn't surprise me if they replaced Klopp in the summer.
Liverpool won't sack Klopp, the only way he'll leave in the foreseeable if he takes the Germany job if it becomes available. Like Gerrard at Rangers, Klopp is building something to last at Liverpool

Gerrard is not on their radar and won't be going anywhere near Liverpool or a club that size anytime soon. The amount of folk on here who says that baffles me. He is not ready yet. He's won nothing with us in 3 years (currently) so what makes everyone think he would be in line for the Liverpool job?

I'm by no means bashing Gerrard either. It has been amazing seeing his progress and how we as a team have shaped up under his tenure. His first part of our rebuild is almost complete. Next stage is maintaining and Champions League qualification. If that becomes the norm then perhaps my view will change on this. Until then, there's absolutely no chance.
Hmmmmmm

Its quite odd listening to/reading views of Rangers fans that believe our manager has done a really well at our club but thats not enough to be Liverpool manager. Sounds absurd to me.

If i ignore the fact i want him to stay for as long as possible and look at things from Liverpools pov id guess he will without doubt be the man they want if Klopp goes back to Germany... and that while Gerrard wont be desperate to leave Rangers he will find it impossible to say no to Liverpool as it may he his one and only chance.

If people are just shouting hes no ready cos they aint ready then fine i understand that.

Its important to remember one thing if it does happen, he leaves us with a very good squad of players in a nice position. The next guy getting the job would be quite lucky as even a half decent british manager is set up to dominate this league for a good while, also if Liverpool want any players they can pay the right price.

I had a dream last night Stevie G left for Liverpool and our new manager was Mikel Arteta!! Haha

Nightmare more like

The fact they adore him and are no doubt keeping a close eye on everything hes doing at Ibrox.

Is your point really just that hes no foreign and most of the top clubs in England go with foreign managers ?

I think Gerrard has already proved hes a far better manager than any of the English guys coaching id be surprised if anyone disagrees.

When people say he's not ready for the EPL, what are they basing it on exactly ?

This is a league where Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in the top 4.

When people say he's not ready for the EPL, what are they basing it on exactly ?

This is a league where Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in the top 4.
Correct - if by a miracle we were accepted to the EPL for the start of next season, we would all want Steven Gerrard to be our manager

With all due respect, a large % of our fans wanted him gone in March 2020 but thank god we didn’t get our wish

I’ve explained why I think he needs more time to learn and the crux of it is that up until this season, he was far too rigid and didn’t know how to make subs/tactical alterations to change a game

How many times did we say “Teams know how to play us” in his first 2 seasons? I’d say it was fairly regularly. Even this season he’s admitted that his inability to get things right is why we’ve fallen short

He’s definitely more pragmatic this season but I think another season with us would be more beneficial - go and retain the title, win a cup and get into the CL groups, then he’ll be ready

Fair enough, and not much wrong with that. I doubt he`d be a instant hit at Liverpool, likewise, he won`t be up against that siege-dross what we get served up here, nor inept refreeing.

For some reason I was under the impression Loew was leaving anyway, and that Flick was taking over with Nagelsmann going to Bayern. Did I make that up?

Edit: Think I actually read that on here so probably was a load of shite!

Back