Liverpool fans in bother tonight for racist banner mocking Divock Origi’s manhood

To be fair try and put yourself in his position for a second. I wouldn’t exactly be thrilled with seeing my face on a banner like that.

It’s a lazy racial stereotype that all black men have big dicks.

It’s also one of the weirdest banners I’ve ever seen. Like I can’t compute the steps it has taken for them to think that’s a good idea.

is it though? Maybe it’s actually true that he has a massive cock. He’s a black guy so they’re hardly going to photoshop his face onto an image of a white guy with a big one are they?

I honestly don’t see the racism in this, but then I didn’t see the racism in Bernardo Silva’s post either!

To be fair try and put yourself in his position for a second. I wouldn’t exactly be thrilled with seeing my face on a banner like that.

It’s a lazy racial stereotype that all black men have big dicks.

It’s also one of the weirdest banners I’ve ever seen. Like I can’t compute the steps it has taken for them to think that’s a good idea.

It sort of perplexes me how people can look at something like that and not understand why it would be deemed racist.

I mean I laughed at it, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is using a lazy racial stereotype for a laugh.

It sort of perplexes me how people can look at something like that and not understand why it would be deemed racist.

I mean I laughed at it, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is using a lazy racial stereotype for a laugh.

It's not a racial stereotype. It's putting his head on the body of a well known, actual guy. That's it.

At no point have they said that all black guys have huge penises. Unless you know why they made the banner, you can't even say that they implied that either.

What if there's a rumour down there that Origi is well endowed?

What if they think the guy looks like Origi?

What if the guys who made the banner have a daft wee in joke that we dont get?

We don't know. Therefore you cannot decide that they are racist!

It's not a racial stereotype. It's putting his head on the body of a well known, actual guy. That's it.

At no point have they said that all black guys have huge penises. Unless you know why they made the banner, you can't even say that they implied that either.

Pile of bollocks. The guy who’s image they used was a well known meme because of the size of his knob and nothing else and they just happened to stick Origi’s image on the body of a that particular guy who’s famous for being hung like a blue whale?

It’s a lazy racial stereotype and no amount twisting and turning and mental gymnastics from the FF right wingers will change that. Sometimes you just have to use common sense instead of looking for ridiculous technicalities they can get off on like “the makers of the banner might be thick as shit and they’ve just decided to publicise an ‘inside joke’ that could quite clearly be interpreted as racist”.

Pile of bollocks. The guy who’s image they used was a well known meme because of the size of his knob and nothing else and they just happened to stick Origi’s image on the body of a that particular guy who’s famous for being hung like a blue whale?

It’s a lazy racial stereotype and no amount twisting and turning and mental gymnastics from the FF right wingers will change that. Sometimes you just have to use common sense instead of looking for ridiculous technicalities they can get off on like “the makers of the banner might be thick as shit and they’ve just decided to publicise an ‘inside joke’ that could quite clearly be interpreted as racist”.

It's not racist though mate.

The definition of being racist is

"showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another."

A daft banner, and an attempt at humour, is not offending anyone apart from complete snow flakes nor is it prejudiced or discriminatory against black people. Think for yourself instead of just what our media now tells you.

Again, you are assuming they are saying all black men have large genitalia. Why not wijnaldum, van dijk, matip, fabinho, mane, Trent, etc on the banner?

Maybe, just maybe, it was something specific to Origi.

And I would appreciate it if you didn't refer to those who disagree with you as right wingers mate. Cheers.

You seem to be of the opinion the image is real . No human being has a cock that size . It’s fake .

to those not saying it's racist, think about if you were to make a joke to a black person in your work about them having a big wan, you could soon find yourself in a bit of bother. i get it's a football banner but same thing applies

Reactions: GF7

see quite a bit of this on here

There is no evidence that black fellas have bigger todgers. They're just talking themselves up.
Imagine the number of white lassies though they were in for a Mercedes and got a Fiat Punto.

social-logo.png

It's not racist though mate.

The definition of being racist is

"showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another."

A daft banner, and an attempt at humour, is not offending anyone apart from complete snow flakes nor is it prejudiced or discriminatory against black people. Think for yourself instead of just what our media now tells you.

Again, you are assuming they are saying all black men have large genitalia. Why not wijnaldum, van dijk, matip, fabinho, mane, Trent, etc on the banner?

Maybe, just maybe, it was something specific to Origi.

And I would appreciate it if you didn't refer to those who disagree with you as right wingers mate. Cheers.

It’s also defined as

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

So try again pal. Again which black Liverpool player they happened to choose is completely irrelevant. If you’re not one of our far leaning right wingers then I humbly apologise, but I’m guessing you are though, would I be correct? It’s those folks who tend to label everyone and anyone a snowfláke when the alleged snowflàkes deem anything to be racist or offensive which they themselves don’t deem racist or offensive. They also seem to be the type who feel they get to decide what people should or shouldn’t be offended by. But maybe my mind has been corrupted by the mountains of backwards shite I’ve read in the lounge over the past few years.

Me? I thought it was funny, I laughed and and wouldn’t dare lie by saying otherwise. But I can also see why it’s went down like a lead balloon because it’s a lazy racial stereotype and those who made the banner are either brain donors or extremely naive or both.

Last edited:
It's not racist as you could also have had a picture of a dirk dastardly (diggler) who was white surely

Last edited:
Norn Iron fans were asked to change the ‘Super Josh Magennis’ song in a similar vein (no pun intended), by big Josh himself. Along with Lukaku at Man U it’s well established that players aren’t comfortable with this sort of stereotype, so quite surprising a fan base as ‘right on’ as Liverpool’s thought this was OK!

It’s also defined as

So try again pal. Again which black Liverpool player they happened to choose is completely irrelevant. If you’re not one of our far leaning right wingers then I humbly apologise, but I’m guessing you are though, would I be correct? It’s those folks who tend to label everyone and anyone a snowfláke when the alleged snowflàkes deem anything to be racist or offensive which they themselves don’t deem racist or offensive. They also seem to be the type who feel they get to decide what people should or shouldn’t be offended by. But maybe my mind has been corrupted by the mountains of backwards shite I’ve read in the lounge over the past few years.

Me? I thought it was funny, I laughed and and wouldn’t dare lie by saying otherwise. But I can also see why it’s went down like a lead balloon because it’s a lazy racial stereotype and those who made the banner are either brain donors or extremely naive or both.

No I'm not right wing at all.

I despise racism. I think trivialising racism with things like this by even just assuming that it's "only cos he is black" does a huge disservice to victims of genuine racism.

And I work in a field where I can see the way society is headed with this type of thing and it is hugely concerning for the future.

So drop your generalisations and assumptions as you seem to be doing lots of that since, again, you have no idea why it's Origi on that banner and not one of their other 8 players who are black.

If that's James Milner on that banner, even if it's the exact same bottom half, no one bats an eyelid. Yet it's the bottom half that's the "racist" part, right?

As a society, people must stop making racism trivial by making assumptions of the reasons behind things. There's genuine racism going on in all walks of life. This isn't it.

I think we see everything as Racist or anti this or that it's becoming hip now to be on one of the bandwagons whether it be multiple genders or racism.
Funny banner in Racism shocker.

Oh Dear!

All this phony racism garbage every time a black person is referred to in anything other then gushing praiseworthy terms is sinister and Orwellian. To be frank I'm sure I'm not the only one sick if it. It is actually far more offensive at a game attracting more and more families especially young kids. What do we get instead? Oh it's so racist!!!! Do me a favour.

I accidentally liked this but I meant to reply that as far as I'm concerned at the increasing shift toward finding people guilty of Thought Crime is a quite sinister ploy to terrify people into conforming with whatever our controllers, I mean representatives, want is to think. So ok I agree there is a possibility of a stereotype here but I don't recall an out cry when Mark Walters paraded in a kilt- a jackpot for the offended brigade of an ethnic stereotype and cultural appropriation rolled into one.

It might be pretty minor, and will result in a pretty minor fine but it’s still a racist stereotype whether people want to admit it or not.

Even if you felt this wasn't racial stereotyping, it's a very stupid banner none the less. They can probably be charged for it too under a public offense for parading an indecent image.

I seen another picture though with 'we are not racist' banner in response and a few rows along there is one miserable looking guy in a Pharaoh's headdress, I presume for Salah. Its a funny a picture all in all with the 'we are not racist' banner.

Now I haven’t seen this banner yet. But My issue is now becoming we’re in danger of trivialising actual racism through our desperation to find it everywhere.

Even without seeing the banner, I can say with certainty the Liverpool fans had no malevolent intent. He’s their own player, they’re not out to “racially abuse” him.

“Playing to stereotypes” is now somehow seen as sinister in certain cases though. Will we soon see a Scotsman clad in kilt or an Italian holding a pizza as “sickening racism”?

My initial reaction: what a weird idea for a banner.

My secondary reaction: what a really fúcking weird banner to actually produce.

WTF

Its a well known meme in the whatsapp world and a fairly funny banner. Although they should have kept the green hat too.

Reporting this sort of pish as racist and comparing it to what happened to Alfie, the English side and at Yoevil is utterly disgusting.

No I'm not right wing at all.

I despise racism. I think trivialising racism with things like this by even just assuming that it's "only cos he is black" does a huge disservice to victims of genuine racism.

And I work in a field where I can see the way society is headed with this type of thing and it is hugely concerning for the future.

So drop your generalisations and assumptions as you seem to be doing lots of that since, again, you have no idea why it's Origi on that banner and not one of their other 8 players who are black.

If that's James Milner on that banner, even if it's the exact same bottom half, no one bats an eyelid. Yet it's the bottom half that's the "racist" part, right?

As a society, people must stop making racism trivial by making assumptions of the reasons behind things. There's genuine racism going on in all walks of life. This isn't it.

If it was Milner no one would have an issue with it? Well congratulations Einstein! You’ve got that absolutely right, do you know why that is? because there’s absolutely no racial stereotype that white men as a race tend to be hung like donkeys, so there really wouldn’t be any cause for complaint if it were a white players face instead would there...

If I generalised too much I apologise, but it’s only because you ticked every box and used the same flimsy nonsensical arguments that most of these guys use when they’re trying to argue that up is down and black is white. I think it’s also worth noting that there’s different levels of severity and different levels of offence which can be taken, so this notion that we should ignore a wee bit of casual racism like this because it will somehow trivialise racism or result in more severe issues not being taken seriously enough, is just a pile of shite. It doesn’t work like that and it won’t work like that, and as someone who isn’t part of the race associated with an ethnic stereotype like that, you don’t get to decide how offensive or inoffensive this particular incident is to other people.

I don’t even find it to be particularly bad on a personal level, but I can at least still be open minded enough to acknowledge that having something like that in public isn’t really acceptable and that while I found it fairly mild, others may not like it and I don’t have a right to tell them they’re snowflákes for not chuckling and brushing off a bit of causal racism.

Key question, if you despise racism and work in a role where you can see where society is headed, then how on earth can you so blind as to why that banner in unacceptable? I mean you’re bit about “what if it was Milner” strongly suggests you still don’t even understand the basic concept and why it can easily be deemed racist......

Bet Big Origi took one look at it and had a chuckle.

Not racist in my view. People being screamed at by fans name wise ala Serie A etc, yes.

Even if you felt this wasn't racial stereotyping, it's a very stupid banner none the less. They can probably be charged for it too under a public offense for parading an indecent image.

I seen another picture though with 'we are not racist' banner in response and a few rows along there is one miserable looking guy in a Pharaoh's headdress, I presume for Salah. Its a funny a picture all in all with the 'we are not racist' banner.

He's Egyption, why on earth is it racist to have a Pharaoh's headdress on him. His nickname is the Egyptian king FFS.

If villa fans had a McGinn banner with a kilt on would that be racist?

FF never fails to stun me at times.

You're at the wind up, right? I genuinely haven't made it past the first couple of sentences.

Back