liverpool fans

It will only ramp things up for them being the most disliked team and set of fans in the league. Quite some doing when you have Man Utd in the same league.
Whats’s the background to this? Got a few friends who support various teams in England and never heard Liverpool singled out.

[QUOTE="bpfurian, post: 6330422, member: He also said he was at the Hamden riot in 81, he would have been 11 years old according to his age in his book.
Also said he hitch hiked from Liverpool to Glasgow so I wouldn't be paying a lot of attention to mr Nichols.
Would you?

[/QUOTENicholls was born in 1962 so would've been 19 not 11 in 1981.
I fully believe he was at Heysel & also fully believe fans of other clubs were there causing bother.
[/QUOTE]

I've read a lot of hoolie books and must admit, I thought his was better than most. I've obviously no proof but I did believe most of what I was reading. Possibly because he wasnt afraid to talk about the times thet got a doing?

Cops getting it from all angles recently.
Majority are decent people getting a crap wage for what they have do and see.
Hard not feel for them atm.

Liverpool fans in the main are decent guys.. Been to anfield a couple of times and never had any bother... There like most clubs.. Will always have a few zoomers following them... We have a few amongst our in our own support... Don't deny it.. Seen it first hand own occasions.. Home and abroad.. Especially when there drink and drugs kick in
Exactly, football in general doesn't attract the most well behaved members of society.
Most clubs are as bad as each other.
I would say we have more than just a few arseholes around.

I find that it's the younger element in their support that are delusional and unbearable, probably because they were never used to success until recently. The older ones that I have worked with generally accepted that they weren't good enough in the past 30 years to be consistent to win the title.

Fair point.

I also find that a lot of their older supporters have a soft spot for us and a lot of their younger support have a soft spot for them.

Fair point.

I also find that a lot of their older supporters have a soft spot for us and a lot of their younger support have a soft spot for them.

I think the vast majority won't really care, especially these days now that they are light years ahead of the Scottish game. Having a Scottish/English team is more of a one way street now imo.

Liverpool's top heads (Urchins) organized the Pier head. No excuses for what happened with the Liver buildings and attacks on the police. It's a very volatile City. As for bringing up Heysel, that seems to be the go to point for anyone who's anti-Liverpool. 14 lads got done. The End!

Lets be honest. Lockdown has caused a lot of built of frustration. That and certain elements allowed to protest with plod sitting back hasnt helped.

Liverpool's top heads (Urchins) organized the Pier head. No excuses for what happened with the Liver buildings and attacks on the police. It's a very volatile City. As for bringing up Heysel, that seems to be the go to point for anyone who's anti-Liverpool. 14 lads got done. The End!

I think its a brilliant city. Who are these top heads?

Nor condoning the actions of a minority and I am not a Liverpool fan, as a neutral I have enjoyed watching them under Klopp and congratulate them on their success.
Can anyone name any club the length and breadth of the UK who don't have a section of their support that will misbehave at the drop of a hat? Whether it's failure or success for their own club?
I don't understand how a sweeping generalisation can be made about any group of fans, our support is broad in it's outlooks and beliefs and behaviours.
The Liverpool supporters will be the same.

Nor condoning the actions of a minority and I am not a Liverpool fan, as a neutral I have enjoyed watching them under Klopp and congratulate them on their success.
Can anyone name any club the length and breadth of the UK who don't have a section of their support that will misbehave at the drop of a hat? Whether it's failure or success for their own club?
I don't understand how a sweeping generalisation can be made about any group of fans, our support is broad in it's outlooks and beliefs and behaviours.
The Liverpool supporters will be the same.
You are absolutely correct but the only reason this is being brought up on here is because the haters of Liverpool on here are frustrated at Liverpool's greatness this season. Liverpool have won the league the earliest with 7 games remaining and also the latest to get the trophy due to covid-19 that is some achievement.

100% but you’ll get folk on here tarnishing the entire support in a few minutes.

FWIW the guys who we’re firing rockets at buildings should be charged.

Aye a few got carried away.

That said can you imagine Glasgow if we won it for the first time in 30 years.

I don't give a phuck about lock down or social distancing. I'm hitting the streets.

We gathered up at Ibrox a hundred thousand strong.......

Bottom line is all teams have their arseholes, and no amount of whataboutery will ever change that .
True but the press want to define some by their worst minority while ignoring and excusing the behaviour of other fans. We are obviously the biggest victims of this approach and it’s tiresome.

Back