Liverpool or Manure?

I loved Man U growing up (born 92). I think it's a shame what's happened to them right now. Always had a strong dislike for Liverpool - really couldn't take to Gerrard especially!

Now of course my view on Gerrard and Liverpool has changed wildly.

Don't support either but Liverpool if push came to shove, for no other reason they were started by an Orangeman and Manure for a great part of their history liked their Directors and Managers to be Papist.

I have no hatred for any English club, I've really no reason to. What makes a Rangers fan have a hatred for Man Utd?
Quite like Liverpool.

Liverpool. Goes back to the Shankly years.
I don't get worked up about their results and not bothered whether their season is voided.

Of the two, I'd say Man Utd as they were always good entertainment during the Ferguson era. I went off them after their fans' 'haud me back' routine outside Ibrox in 2010.

Liverpool because of Bill Shankly, what he achieved in building them up from second division mediocrity to England's best and because of the legacy he left that saw them dominate Europe.

I think Klopp has revived Shankly's ethos where there is a structure in place where everyone at the club - players and staff - are working together towards a common goal.

And Klopp's statement that, " Football is only the most important of the least important things in life" is a nice counter balance to Shankly's famous 'Matter of life and death' quote.

Man united are everything that is wrong with modern football, no class no dignity. Absolutely awful club.

Liverpool, well I don’t mind them that much but it’s still Leeds for me, and obviously Rangers, although that will upset the can’t have 2 clubs brigade.
Ahh, Leeds that club famous for its class and dignity (whatever the fcuk that means).

United for me on account of my grandfather.

Manchester United for me, I have friends and family in Salford and they are all united daft. They are members of the British legion and in the legion on langworthy road they have a rangers corners with rangers scarves and teddy bears in rangers tops.
The United/Celtic thing you read on here is just typical of the clueless, ill informed guff that passes for chat in the bear pit

Cant stand either of them but absolutely detest Man U because of Busby and the RC connection
Think its an age thing. I'm in my late 50's and clearly remember singing "we hate man u" song at Ibrox when an awful lot younger. Also used to go watch Liverpool 2 or 3 times a year (when Rangers weren't playing) Still don't like Man U and still like Liverpool.

Always hated both of them. My Da used to always call United ‘Manchester Celtic’ and in my own experience growing up, Liverpool fans seemed so similar to the Tims as to be indistinguishable.
My Da was of the older tradition who saw Liverpool as a ‘Proddy’ team and had a soft spot for them, and with the arrival of Klopp to Liverpool and Gerrard to Rangers I have have softened on the Scousers, so they narrowly win.

Grew up liking Chelsea and been to some Chelsea games but now I have no interest in English football. I would rather watch scottish games if they are on at the same time.

Neither for me but I do love watching the Premier League. I think some of the joy just comes from not caring who wins and just wanting good football.

Can’t stand Man Utd scum don’t particularly have time for any of them but if I had to choose it would be Liverpool

I used to be a big fan of Utd during the late 90s/early 00s. Probably up until Fergie left they were my English side. They just played some great football with some unbelievably talented individuals. The rivalry between them and Arsenal at the time was great to watch.

Liverpool definitely. Man U keep employing managers I don't like, present incumbent excepted, but apart from that I've nothing against them. I just always had a liking for Liverpool and especially the way they are playing these last couple of years.

Liked watching Man U when Ferguson was in charge. In recent times though it’s been Liverpool. Not got any allegiance to either of them other than I like watching exciting football.

The United/Celtic thing you read on here is just typical of the clueless, ill informed guff that passes for chat in the bear pit

It's not completely baseless though is it? I'm 41, and was at high school mid 90's in Cheshire. United got Celtic down at least twice for testimonials in that era, and in those days down there you could buy loads of 'half and half' gear for English teams and either us or them over the road. I can't remember many Man U and Rangers half and half hats and scarves on display, put it that way!

Neither.
As a kid the bheggars were so pish that all my tim palls always said they supported Man u or Liverpool as well.
Only 1 team for me.

Same as a few posters have said,dont really follow any of them but would prefer to see man utd beat the scousers

Ahh, Leeds that club famous for its class and dignity (whatever the fcuk that means).

United for me on account of my grandfather.

Well that’s your opinion chap, what ever Leeds are and whatever they have done they are rank amateurs compared to the scum, with their old chairman funding the club for selling rotten meat to local schools, his son getting caught out peeping under toilet doors to their sponsoring of tributes to the men who died in 58, not to mention their refusal to have a portrait of the queen up in preference for the pope, you want to defend that my friend then you’re as classy as they are.

Back