Liverpool or Manure?

I remember going to Ibrox in the mid 70's seeing many half and half Rangers/Liverpool hats and scarfs

I like to see Liverpool win because my mates are Liverpool supporters. They like to see Rangers win because their wee mate is a Rangers supporter. The way it should be.

Always hated both of them. My Da used to always call United ‘Manchester Celtic’ and in my own experience growing up, Liverpool fans seemed so similar to the Tims as to be indistinguishable.
My Da was of the older tradition who saw Liverpool as a ‘Proddy’ team and had a soft spot for them, and with the arrival of Klopp to Liverpool and Gerrard to Rangers I have have softened on the Scousers, so they narrowly win.
Can’t find anything to back it up but seem to remember being told years ago that Man Utd for a vote away from being called Manchester Celtic when they changed from Newton Heath.

Note #106 already suggests the same thing.

Liverpool, have been to see them many times including european finals. Read their history, also Shankly had probably something to do with it.

Liked watching Liverpool under Bob Paisley, thought they were a great team. Now not bothered but if I had to select one team it would be Liverpool

Can’t find anything to back it up but seem to remember being told years ago that Man Utd for a vote away from being called Manchester Celtic when they changed from Newton Heath.

Note #106 already suggests the same thing.
Yes they were a railway team based in Newton Heath east manchester
Before their move to Salford one of the names suggested was Manchester Celtic. The Board were always RC’s.

I'm very much neutral in England.

Grew up admiring Sir Alex and his Utd dynasty and now can't help but admire what Klopp's doing at Liverpool.

The United/Celtic thing you read on here is just typical of the clueless, ill informed guff that passes for chat in the bear pit
Totally agree mate, I know plenty of united fans in Salford all lean towards Rangers with no allegiance to Celtic. FF seems to think there is a love in with Celtic.. not true.

Yes they were a railway team based in Newton Heath east manchester
Before their move to Salford one of the names suggested was Manchester Celtic. The Board were always RC’s.
The RC connection only took place when Matt Busby was appointed manager after WW2. Pre-war Man City was ‘the’ team in Manchester but Busby made great play of his religious affiliations in order to attract greater support for his club. He pushed hard on the fact his best players were Johnny Carey, an ROI international, and Jimmy Delaney, whom he signed from Celtic. Before the war Man Utd’s manager was Scott Duncan, an ex-Ranger.

Overall United, however I really wanted Liverpool to win the league this year. Klopp, the style of football and the long time since they last won it were all contributing factors. I didn't like United but went to OT and, I have to say, the glamour won me over a bit. They are both great clubs. Anyone disputing that is off their head imo.

The RC connection only took place when Matt Busby was appointed manager after WW2. Pre-war Man City was ‘the’ team in Manchester but Busby made great play of his religious affiliations in order to attract greater support for his club. He pushed hard on the fact his best players were Johnny Carey, an ROI international, and Jimmy Delaney, whom he signed from Celtic. Before the war Man Utd’s manager was Scott Duncan, an ex-Ranger.
Not true. Manchester Celtic was the name proposed as well as United. Early 20th century well before Busby.
RC I can’t state but the name was suggested back then.

I live on Merseyside and work in Manchester. Have done for two decades and work on the sites so meet a good mix of lads.
The Scouse teams and city have always preferred us. The Salford lot have always made clear their allegiance - neither these days but the old school prefer them.

Cant stand Man Utd - not really a fan of any English team but I hated Man Utd during the Fergie era, quite amusing now!!

Hate both with a passion but must say what a travesty if Liverpool are denied the chance to be Premier League Champions this season

Feck both of them

Man Utd are the ultimate team for prawn sandwich munching glory hunters, especially during the 90’s, and are a bit of a cùnt club in general with tim like qualities added.

Liverpool have the most tim like fans outside of the piggery. I’d sooner shit on my hands and clap than cheer either of them!

Liverpool fans are the Merseyside mentally challenged. Man U fans are the Manchester mentally challenged. Me I like Crystal Palace out of all the English clubs

Which do you favour and why?
Guess its obvious where I stand ;)
I look on Manchester United as the most hated club in England mainly as they are the biggest and most successful.
I kinda see a lot of similarities in Rangers.
I don't really favour either of them as such but I probably have more in common with Manchester United than Liverpool.

Man U.
Don't have anywhere near the love that I have for Rangers or Scotland but they are my English team.

Growing up I had a soft spot for man Utd (prob because they just kept winning tbh lol)
That team with schmeical, Irwin, pallister, Bruce, Keane, ince, giggs, Hughes, Sharpie and Cantona was something really special.

Can't stand Man Utd, couple of my uncles are Liverpool fans and used to go down a lot in the 90s so at a push them but not really fussed for any of the 2

Like most others who have replied, I don't particularly care.
I don't hate either of them - seems like a waste of energy to me.
I like them when they are playing attractive, attacking football - but I would say the same about any club.

Liverpool as a boy - hated man utd.
Souness left us - hated Liverpool until Gerrard joined us.
Couldn't do anything but admire Man Utd under Fergie.
No real preference for any English team these days.

Back