Liverpool or Manure?

Always supported Liverpool as my English team. When I was growing up they had a core of Scots in the team - Souness, Dalglish, Hansen, Nicol etc - and my dad took me to see them in a European semi final (1978) v Monchengladbach, as we lived in Germany at the time. So that was that.

More Orangemen are season ticket holders at Anfield than any other ground in England.
where do people get this drivle, have you spoken to every club director in England who happened to tell you the sales. Or interview every OO to find out who they support??

Really like both cities, but no time for either club. If really pushed on it I'd probably say Liverpool. But like many have said, the EPL doesn't really do it for me, although I do quite like where Chelsea are heading at the moment with Lampard and the youngsters. I'd sooner watch a Championship or League One game, still feels like real football.

Manure ? Im guessing thats man city ?
Tbh i think it would be HILLARIOUS if Liverpool and the tramps didnt win due to season being null n void.
the premier League is becoming more boring every season and really cant be arsed with overpaid, overrated pampered premier league players anymore.
Id rather watch Rangers v motherwell before man utd v Liverpool.

I used to love Liverpool as a kid but I really liked Man Utd under Ferguson so I enjoy watching both these days. It’s easy watching teams you have no great affection for.

it’s only Rangers that gets my emotions going

Liverpool,as a school kid of the 80s liverpool were my 2nd team they were superb and always had a few scots in the team,not really a fan now but would always choose them over man utd

Half the city supports Everton. And Liverpool’s support within their own city is as much Roman Catholic as it is any other religion.

Can't argue with that but given that the city of Liverpool has more orange bands than the rest of England put together and used to have the second largest lodge membership in mainland Britain it stands to reason that Liverpool FC will have a lot of fans of that persuasion.

Out the 2 probably Liverpool, not sure why, maybe from Pannini stickers when i was a kid.

Liverpool for me.
Had the Candy Liverpool top when I was a kid. These days I very rarely watch any football that doesn't involve Rangers though.

I don't really care about any team other than us. As long as I see a good game I'm not really concerned about who wins. That said, I will need happy for Liverpool when they win the league as it's been such a long time and I enjoy watching them but I also liked watching Man U when they had their good team in the 90s.

Liverpool was in company with some manks in New York and the just sounded and acted like mentally challengeds , they were disgusting

No preference either way. All big EPL clubs are the same these days as a result of the cash cow driven sanitisation of the ‘product’. You can hark back to ‘history’ but in reality the corporatism of the game has killed all that off - it’s an illusion.

No preference either way. All big EPL clubs are the same these days as a result of the cash cow driven sanitisation of the ‘product’. You can hark back to ‘history’ but in reality the corporatism of the game has killed all that off - it’s an illusion.
100% this

Always had a soft spot for Liverpool as my football team used to take us to football camps down that way and we would go to a Liverpool game. I never had any affinity to Man U but I did always enjoy fergies teams in Europe

Can't argue with that but given that the city of Liverpool has more orange bands than the rest of England put together and used to have the second largest lodge membership in mainland Britain it stands to reason that Liverpool FC will have a lot of fans of that persuasion.
Also stands to reason they will have a lot of supporters who are Irish Republican sympathisers. Don't really see why people are playing up the Orange thing. It's like a Leicester City fan saying their support was once all white and they still have some fans who are white.

Back