Liverpool Press

They obviously did their homework re the celt*c game and pressed us at every opportunity
We need to forget about the messing around at the back and be much more aggressive going forward
We better solve this starting with the Ibrox game vs Liverpool!
You mean they copied Celtics style of play just as they did their walk on anthem:p

every week teams press us because they know we will arse about at the back,our manager is somehow immune to noticing this right enough

They obviously did their homework re the celt*c game and pressed us at every opportunity
We need to forget about the messing around at the back and be much more aggressive going forward
Aye Liverpool who just played in the CL final a few months ago and are one of the best teams in the world, took inspiration from how the unwashed played and copied it! :rolleyes:

The problem is we don't have the quality in the middle (at CL and prob EL level) to take the passes from the back further forward. There's no point in the tactic if players just pass it back the way it came constantly and fail to twist, turn into space play quick angled reverse passes, etc.

You should play to the strengths of the team and 5 guys at the back passing to 3 in midfield getting totally overrun isn't going to work.

We need to find a way to be more direct, not route 1, but a direct route to wide players or a striker.

I don't really understand why we don't do what we did a few years ago against Celtic. Keep the wide players high, lob the ball towards the corner to them to run onto. (When the opposition over commit on the press)

That's how Morelos got Bitton sent off.

If our manager has anything about him he will be learning from the three teams we are playing in this group & implementing some of their ways of playing

Pace, power, pressing, movement and forward passing

If our manager has anything about him he will be learning from the three teams we are playing in this group & implementing some of their ways of playing

We must be the only team in the champions league who don't try to press.

Doubt Klopp even Googled us tbh.

Our ponderous pish would have been a pleasant surprise for him and his 4 world class attackers.

We should have been playing the Diagonal right on top of Arnold. Instead when we went long it was right up to their massive centre halves

Once again I’d love to get inside the mind of HiHi to find out where the utter pish you talk comes from. I’m sure you’re a great bloke but I don’t think football Is your thing

• Haha
Reactions: TN8

You are fcuk_ed after your first P word.

Glue flows faster than the football we play from back to back to sideways to mid to back to mid and so forth.

Nobody and I mean nobody can see what Gio is trying to do in these games and against them.

He sets us up to be pressed and under pressure the full match.

The fact he hasn’t noticed this after countless matches of the same stuff is very very concerning

Every time McGregor hit it long it went out for a throw or they won it!

i wouldn't have thought so, but we certainly aint seeing a great deal of benefit from it,perhaps other teams are making it work better than we are though
It's what teams do - problem yesterday was when it was played forwards the likes of Morelos, Tillman and Kent never kept possession so it just came straight back again. Also Tav lost the ball 60% of the time. Normally that is a strong area for us..
The other factor was that Liverpool played with a 3 up top most of the game and their wide players never had to track back because we gave the ball away so easily so when we lost the ball their players were free.

Aye Liverpool who just played in the CL final a few months ago and are one of the best teams in the world, took inspiration from how the unwashed played and copied it! :rolleyes:
Heard they scouted every 1 of our games so far this season.

It's what teams do - problem yesterday was when it was played forwards the likes of Morelos, Tillman and Kent never kept possession so it just came straight back again. Also Tav lost the ball 60% of the time. Normally that is a strong area for us..
The other factor was that Liverpool played with a 3 up top most of the game and their wide players never had to track back because we gave the ball away so easily so when we lost the ball their players were free.
im well aware of that , but this wasnt a one off, we have seen this far too often this season and we dont seem capable of learning from this, our ball retention and confidence in possesion have been an issue in most of our games, european and domestic,

im well aware of that , but this wasnt a one off, we have seen this far too often this season and we dont seem capable of learning from this, our ball retention and confidence in possesion have been an issue in most of our games, european and domestic,
The alternative - launch it. McGregor's pass rate was less than 50%. Our long pass rate was 30 odd %

It breaks down because we don't have good enough players to keep possesion.

I don't think Liverpool really have to do much homework on us just play there normal game both legs will be more than enough
Yeh certain teams against certain opposition can simply go out and have a kick about and win Liverpool are definitely one of them

They had about 5 or 6 players around someone everytime they got the ball. Felt like they had 20 odd players on the pitch.

Said the same after the game. The obviously have quality throughout their team but, what they did off the ball was very impressive. Incredibly well drilled, hunted in packs and never gave us an inch. That in itself can lead to mistakes, as we seen.

The high press is very effective ,but it is more the tempo the top teams play at they move the ball quickly and generally in a forward direction , but it requires technically gifted players to play that way, and said players cost a lot of money .

Klopp knew how we would play and shoehorned the 4 up top he doesnt usually play at the same time as a result.

That’s how they always play

They are one of the best in the world at it and if Mane was still there it’d have been turned up to 11
That's the best full press I've seen (don't watch the EPL regularly) they just swarmed us, not once did anyone have a chance to turn.

We were like rabbits caught in the headlights unfortunately, don't think our set up helped but honestly don't think it will have mattered much, my concern was we went there with the wrong attitude.

Once again I’d love to get inside the mind of HiHi to find out where the utter pish you talk comes from. I’m sure you’re a great bloke but I don’t think football Is your thing
Thanks Manc,I think!
So you don't think the Liverpool coaching team looked at the celt*c game where we were humiliated for pointers? Maybe you're the one who is lacking in fitba know-how!

Thanks Manc,I think!
So you don't think the Liverpool coaching team looked at the celt*c game where we were humiliated for pointers? Maybe you're the one who is lacking in fitba know-how!
That’s it buddy, double down. You just know the manky bastards we share a city with will report this as fact. Gegenpress becomes Bogginpress. Liverpool copied Sellik. Furfuxake.

Good to see Klopp taking tips from the real football god.B-)B-)B-)

I do get what you mean all the same.

I would love to watch my team press and play with the same energy and hunger as Liverpool did v us, it's the bare minimum you hope for.

We must be one of the slowest teams around just now.

Liverpool played with energy, determination, organisation, and a strong will to win.

Rangers didn’t. Which frustrates the life out of me.

Brilliant observation Op :D

Can only dream of us playing with that tempo and press, also when we decide to play a kind of press, we actually look quite good, biggest problem is we rarely seem to use it and everyone has to play there part when executing it, our players fail to do this regularly.

Back