Liverpool Ready to Pay £7.25M Release Clause for Salzburg's Minamino

Yes he was excellent along with a good few others, what a bargain !

According to a few reliable Liverpool journalists.

@Stevethebluenose90 mentioned it in another thread, but thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Thought he was Salzburg's best player in the 2 games vs Liverpool, and for that price it seems like a bargain, and a perfect Lallana replacement.
That's daylight robbery, a ready-made Klopp player, he will fit right in.

Wow. I'm assuming the guy has flourished magnificently since he first joined RB Salzburg, otherwise whoever sanctioned that release clause needs strung up. Seen him a few times now and he could easily go to the prem for £50m

@Stevethebluenose90 mentioned it in another thread, but thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Thought he was Salzburg's best player in the 2 games vs Liverpool, and for that price it seems like a bargain, and a perfect Lallana replacement.

i think he also can play across the front 3 and at no.10 , versatile and cheap plus he was outstanding in both games against them. just shows you there are bargains to be had even in an era where teams seem to think spending 50m+ is the only way to go

Wow. I'm assuming the guy has flourished magnificently since he first joined RB Salzburg, otherwise whoever sanctioned that release clause needs strung up. Seen him a few times now and he could easily go to the prem for £50m

apparently that release clause was there so that Leipzig could pick him up for dirt cheap (like they usually do with a lot of Salzburg players). Don’t know how our scoring team got the knowledge of the release clause. He was the best player on the park for Salzburg both times we played them. He’s the coutinho replacement that we’ve been waiting for. Terrific bit of business. Seems a perfect fit for a Klopp team. Apparently no player ran more than him in the 2 games against them. The game at anfield he literally ran the show in the second half. Thought it was one good game but he was really good in the second game too. Trust Klopp when it comes to signings. Apparently he was meant to come in the summer as a lallana replacement but other teams being interested meant we’ve brought our interest forward. We’ve sold reserve players for more than that. Excited to see him in January. In the current market he’s easily a £30 million player. If it doesn’t work out well make the money back

Saw a few threads in the summer criticising Liverpool’s transfer policy, particularly in terms of their reserves/youths.

Well, I love Kent but they’ve just got this boy in for less than the price of him and a bung on top.

Saw a few threads in the summer criticising Liverpool’s transfer policy, particularly in terms of their reserves/youths.

Well, I love Kent but they’ve just got this boy in for less than the price of him and still turned a profit.

for a team that spent 10-15 years wasting money year after year, probably getting 1 in 5 signings right, they seem to be the masters in the transfer market now.

Well, I love Kent but they’ve just got this boy in for less than the price of him and a bung on top.

Pre Klopp there strategy was all over the place. Now, currently they are the best run club in the country in terms of their ins & outs.

Some business, we could of done with buying him. :D

Salzburg must negotiate low release clauses to get promising youngsters in the door as Haaland has a release clause of around 25m too.

Cracking player.
I thought, make that hoped, he’d have been within our budget.

Salzburg must negotiate low release clauses to get promising youngsters in the door as Haaland has a release clause of around 25m too.
Sell Morelos for 40 million and bring Haaland in for £25

Job done

£17m, apparently

Mental looked their best player. Haaland gets all the praise for his goals but I've always thought Minamino looked superb anytime I e watched them.

Wonder if this might open a door for Rhian Brewster (Striker with loads of potential) to go out on loan.... to us potentially?

tenor.gif

"MINI ME! NO!"

Maybe Gerrard could use his Liverpool contacts to get him on loan for the rest of the season when they sign him in January, if he is not part of their immediate first team pland, he is a right midfielder so that would solve that position. Ojo's loan deal could be terminated early to help fund his wages.

I started a thread a month or so ago stating a large part of Liverpool's success is due not only to the fact that they have an excellent manager in Klopp, and a exceptional team where the players complement and play for each other, but they are very well-run club in terms of how they manage their biz. affairs. Since the Fenway- Sports group took over, the valuation of Liverpool FC has increased exponentially.

Although they employ a transfer committee, Klopp has a major say in who they target and who they let go of (often for decent fees). In marked contrast to the spotty record of other top echelon EPL clubs, Liverpool rarely get a 'new transfer' wrong. Everyone they bring in seems, after a period of adjustment, to end up contributing to the cause. Their rumored interest in Minamino, who at 7,25 mil. would be another piece of excellent business.

Back