Liverpool Reverse Furlough Decision

They were put in a no win position the minute they made the original decision.

If we begin to our staff on furlough it will be interesting to see if the usual suspects play the double standards card again. I don’t blame any club for doing it as thousands of Rich businesses will be doing the exact same thing.

So essentially “They’re doing it so we might as well do it too”. What a wonderful stance. You must be disappointed they’ve reversed it given you were all for money bags Liverpool treating this scheme like free money from the government about 2 or 3 days ago? Even Carragher tore them down for it.

So essentially “They’re doing it so we might as well do it too”. What a wonderful stance. You must be disappointed they’ve reversed it given you were all for money bags Liverpool treating this scheme like free money from the government about 2 or 3 days ago? Even Carragher tore them down for it.
I’ve already made my stance on it unlike you who changes there mind when it comes to different clubs. Hypocrisy at its finest.

I’ve already made my stance on it unlike you who changes there mind when it comes to different clubs. Hypocrisy at its finest.

More a case of completely different circumstances and states of financial health, but then you know that. Presumably you’re still all for it? Fair enough, the majority of proper Liverpool fans I saw chime in online seemed to be pretty disgusted with it which I found quite refreshing.

My stance hasn’t actually changed by the way, I still find it utterly reprehensible for a cash rich footballing superpower (paying wages over 100 grand a week) to treat that scheme as free money. But then Rangers aren’t a cash rich footballing super power who pay £150k p/w to players, they’re a club who’re still in the process of recovering from financial rape at the hands of spivs, playing in a small financially poor league, and we’re still a club who have been getting by on soft loans and who have been searching high and low for fresh investment for a long while now. Nothing remotely similar, and you know it, as much as you’ve went into denial to protect your beloved Liverpool.

Bit of a reddy, and I’m not convinced they’ve not made the situation worse by the u-turn. It’s bigger news now.

Another win for the fans and in this case, common decency.

Most proper Scousers have been very angry at this and they have been listened to.

Right decision but should have been done in the first place. The money some players are getting obscene

It is US who are funding the bheasts and other greedy clubs, the government have only the money that our tax raises. When we are paying 50-60% tax in a few weeks bheast fc will be using cash they have withheld to further their cause

Good news and well played by the Liverpool fans and ex-players that took them to task on it. Just a shame many others won't budge and will selfishly stockpile our nations resources to fight this virus and protect our economy, just for their own footballing gain.

Handled badly by the reds but I won't be too critical. The system is obviously there to be used and they took advantage of that. Terrible PR though.

Celtic be next
YvydkEo.gif

Apologies don't cut it as criteria goes even in these exceptional circumstances it's clear they looked more than able to absorb running costs even for an interim period.

If a self employed individual has to absorb running at a loss for three months before qualifying if applying for the scheme then clearly a multi million pound company or conglomerate are in a far superior position to absorb the losses both should be putting by whatever is necessary for a rainy day not spending wildly or in the case of multi nationals syphoning off profits to shareholders who equally should be absorbing the hit rather than wanting the same or greater dividends from a shareholding .

Whilst it is a welcome & timely policy introduced by the Government it seems to allow exploitative cash ins from businesses irrespective of size who are clearly only concerned with using taxpayer subsidies pleading poverty yet are well able to absorb costs from their own resources & assets but refuse to do so simply down to sheer greed caring only about their fucking profits from the company & dividends to shareholders .

Back