Liverpool v Arsenal tonight

Early team news

Liverpool - Captain Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have all been ruled out with injury, although Joe Gomez could be in line to return. Alisson and Thiago both face late fitness tests.

Arsenal - Arsenal are without Shkodran Mustafi, Gabriel Martinelli, Sokratis, Pablo Mari, Calum Chambers, Cedric Soares and Emile Smith Rowe.

Edit: Not sure how accurate Milner & Ox injuries are as I can't find it elsewhere.

Come on the Arse!
CQVLhAHWsAAj3jO.jpg

Arsenal and Arteta have done well against Liverpool in the last couple of games, but this will be the biggest test for them. They used to get blown away at Anfield, but the fact that the crowd won't be there will obviously help them a little. Don't think there will be a lot in it but will go for a 2-1 Liverpool win.

Early team news

Liverpool - Captain Jordan Henderson, Joel Matip, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have all been ruled out with injury, although Joe Gomez could be in line to return. Alisson and Thiago both face late fitness tests.

Arsenal - Arsenal are without Shkodran Mustafi, Gabriel Martinelli, Sokratis, Pablo Mari, Calum Chambers, Cedric Soares and Emile Smith Rowe.

Edit: Not sure how accurate Milner & Ox injuries are as I can't find it elsewhere.
Milner is back training I believe. If Allison and Thiago miss out that is huge bonus for Arsenal especially with Adrian being the backup goalie.

I fancy a 1-1 draw tonight. Salah and Aubameyang with the goals.

Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City and Spurs have all dropped points already.

Liverpool win tonight and already all their expected challengers are having to play catch up.

A lot of injuries there. I do fancy Liverpool but I really like what Arteta is doing with Arsenal. Can see them having a right good season.

Tierney out will probably mean a back 4 which will mean Salah running at Kolasinac, and no one to target TAA with balls down the line

Liverpool should win comfortably but you can’t write off Arteta coming up with something in a one off game

Tierney is a huge loss to Arsenal. Arsenal will probably line up with

Leno
Luiz Gabriel Holding
Bellarin Xakha Cebelos Kolasinic/saka
Willian Lacca Aubameyang

Mane Firmiho Salah
Keita Fabinho Wijnaldum
Robertson Van D Gomes TAA
Allison

I'm looking forward to this one, Liverpool just have too much depth. bringing the like of Thiago and Jota (who I think is a great fit for Liverpool) compared to Arsenal.

Would like to be wrong but 3-1 Liverpool

Tierney is back in full training over the weekend so will be in contention tonight.

If Thiago is fit & starts I predict he will have more passes than the entire Arsenal midfield!

I wouldn't write Arsenal off here. They are the real deal under Arteta and teams attacking them will suit them on the counter.

Should be a really good game.

Hopefully no horrendous VAR or penalty decisions ruining the game.

I'm not sure I'd call them the real deal. Definitely improved under Arteta and did well to win the FA Cup but they are still a good bit away from challenging for the title and if Liverpool play their best they should beat them comfortably.

Looks like it should be high scoring game - so I don't expect a 0-0 ( probably just jinxed it )
Liverpool ought to make a mess of that Arsenal defence though

Only one winner. Think Liverpool will run over the top of them and the rest of the league for that matter.
Who's going to get near them? There's not one of the usual challengers showing anywhere near enough quality. I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester were the only team to get within 15 points of them.

The Ox always seems to be injured
He won't last long there I don't think. It's a similar situation to when he was Arsenal, he was rarely able to get a run of games due to injury or loss of form or not being able to cement a position. He wants to be a central midfielder but he's dropped to 6th choice at best now if Wijnaldum doesn't leave. As an arsenal fan I always liked him but he never really stepped up enough for me, depsite the ability he has.

I'm not sure I'd call them the real deal. Definitely improved under Arteta and did well to win the FA Cup but they are still a good bit away from challenging for the title and if Liverpool play their best they should beat them comfortably.

Not saying they will compete for the title mate. Liverpool and City are still miles ahead of the rest.

He's the real deal as a manager though. The improvement in Arsenal since he has went there has been stark. I'd be surprised if they didn't make top 4.

He won't last long there I don't think. It's a similar situation to when he was Arsenal, he was rarely able to get a run of games due to injury or loss of form or not being able to cement a position. He wants to be a central midfielder but he's dropped to 6th choice at best now if Wijnaldum doesn't leave. As an arsenal fan I always liked him but he never really stepped up enough for me, depsite the ability he has.

Think Klopp adores him though. He definitely has ability and I think only injury after injury is stopping him from blossoming into a genuinely top midfielder. Also he's extremely versatile too when he can get himself on the pitch and can play in a few positions. With the extremely versatile machine that is James Milner probably only being at Liverpool for this last season, I'm sure Oxlade will remain there just as long as he can play some part.

Back