Liverpool v Arsenal

That’s how you take a penalty. Long run up and blooter it into the top corner. Forget all this paneka nonsense and trying to psyche out the goalie by going down the middle, or stuttering your run up to see which way the goalie is going. Just pick your spot and put the laces through the ball.

Great penalty by Salah

Hate seeing Arsenal like this. Loved watching them under Wenger but they are on a steep decline into mid table obscurity. Emery was a horrible appointment - they are getting worse and their transfer activity has been an absolute embarrassment! It was poor under Wenger in his final few years but they are now a team with no better than average players with the exception of Aubameyang

Edit - hope we draw them if we qualify, be great ties and we could probably beat them at Ibrox!

Last edited:
Luiz is either great or a complete liability. Doesnt seem to be an inbetween. Why would he think hed get away with that with var now. At 1-0 they still had a chance too

I think they’ll do ok. Remember how good Liverpool are.

Always had a soft spot for the Arsenal, all the friendly's we used to play all the way back to the sixty's .
Can remember listening to the game against Spurs on the radio the night they won the first part of the double back in 71.
My old gran on the last year of her life got me an Arsenal strip for my Christmas.
Sorry, I am reminiscing now.

Would have liked to have been at that recruitment meeting.

“So, we’ve finally entered a new era after Arsene, we feel that we’ve got a dynamic midfield and explosive forwards.

One piece of the jigsaw missing though-we need that commanding centre-half.
You know the type. We’ve been crying out for it for years.
The guy who’ll run through walls for you and his team-mates will for him.
Any thoughts?”

Always had a soft spot for the Arsenal, all the friendly's we used to play all the way back to the sixty's .
Can remember listening to the game against Spurs on the radio the night they won the first part of the double back in 71.
My old gran on the last year of her life got me an Arsenal strip for my Christmas.
Sorry, I am reminiscing now.
A great club.

Only found out the other day they replaced the shares the charlatan sold.

They were great to watch in Wengers glory years.

Would have liked to have been at that recruitment meeting.

“So, we’ve finally entered a new era after Arsene, we feel that we’ve got a dynamic midfield and explosive forwards.

One piece of the jigsaw missing though-we need that commanding centre-half.
You know the type. We’ve been crying out for it for years.
The guy who’ll run through walls for you and his team-mates will for him.
Any thoughts?”
Ha ha
But you forgot to mention their need for a World Class left back, preferably a fit one!
:)

I am probably coming round to thinking Liverpool are currently the best team in the world at the moment.

I still think they are beatable though, Chelsea were excellent against them in the Super Cup.

If you get into a gun fight with them they will destroy you. If you slow the game down and get down their sides you can get at them.

Can’t believe Arsenal didn’t start with Torerra and Lacazette

How long will the arsenal fans continue to let themselves get short changed with the dross they get served up season on season.

Utterly horrific.

Think people need to realise how good Liverpool are just now. They are Champions of Europe, have a the 2nd longest unbeaten home record in the Premiership era. Klopp has had 4 years now building that team up.

Arsenal are in transition, a lot of young & inexperienced guys playing, only starting Emery's 2nd season. I think the team will take shape more as the season goes on. Next week is a bigger game for them, at home to Spurs.

I am probably coming round to thinking Liverpool are currently the best team in the world at the moment.

I still think they are beatable though, Chelsea were excellent against them in the Super Cup.

If you get into a gun fight with them they will destroy you. If you slow the game down and get down their sides you can get at them.

Can’t believe Arsenal didn’t start with Torerra and Lacazette
If arsenal started in a 433 with Aubamayang Lacazette and Pepe it would have been a much more entertaining and closer match

If arsenal started in a 433 with Aubamayang Lacazette and Pepe it would have been a much more entertaining and closer match

Your main striker needs to be as far away from Van Dyke as possible. The German national side had him figured out in the game at Amsterdam recently. He doesn’t like following strikers out into wide areas.....they effectively played without a number 9 and he was unsure were to go.

Your main striker needs to be as far away from Van Dyke as possible. The German national side had him figured out in the game at Amsterdam recently. He doesn’t like following strikers out into wide areas.....they effectively played without a number 9 and he was unsure were to go.
It's a good tactic however Pepe had him and Robertson worried in 1 on 1 situations having Lacazette on would have occupied Van dijk giving Pepe the chance to isolate Robertson and create space especially when liverpools full backs play so high

Back