Liverpool v Chelsea and Thursday's other football

Talking a lot of rubbish on commentary as usual. Pollock Juniors would give Liverpool a game if they played this way. B-D

It's almost accepted that there is an inevitably about Gerrard taking over from Klopp, primarily in the media. 12 months ago the idea would have seemed outlandish given both clubs' positions.

However, I don't think Gerrard would leave Rangers for Liverpool at this time.
His barometer of success to onlookers is in Europe and having chance to take Rangers into CL group stages next season - a club who lost to Luxembourg part-timers year before he arrived - is a challenge I think he wants.
I did think he would want the crack at CL but if Liverpool want him, he will not knock the job back.

If Klopp leaves and they appoint someone else that brings success Gerrard would be too far off of getting the job. He’s already said that he doesn’t want to manage for a very long time.

I just hope Klopp wants one more season!

I did think he would want the crack at CL but if Liverpool want him, he will not knock the job back.

If Klopp leaves and they appoint someone else that brings success Gerrard would be too far off of getting the job. He’s already said that he doesn’t want to manage for a very long time.

Kloop will be there next season

I just had flashback to 1991, when Souness left for Liverpool before season ended :eek:

Why don't we just swap managers. We'll take Klopp and Liverpool can have Stevie G.
Swap salaries as well.
Nae problems.

Try one more week

Defended Lampard when he was sacked but so far it’s clear to see that I was wrong
Think Lampard probably was too willing to try and progress the youngsters, it might have paid off in a year or two, but you only get 6 months at Chelsea then you are gone. :p

Thought he did with description from OP.

I’m sure it led to a goal then. That’s also in the law, if a handball leads to a goal it’s to be disallowed.
If it leads to you controlling the ball or it goes to a teammate then the goals chopped off.

The rules garbage, its applying 2 separate sets of rules depending on which way your teams kicking. You can stop a certain goal accidentally with your hand but you cant have a defender blast the ball off your arm from half a yard away when your arms pinned to your side and the ball deflect to a teammate.

The wording is also a bit ambiguous. It doesnt define how far back in the passage of play you can go. 'Some distance', 'several passes'.

"If an attacking player accidentally touches the ball with their hand or arm and the ball then goes to another attacking player and the attacking team immediately scores, this is a handball offence.

“It is not an offence if, after an accidental handball, the ball travels some distance (pass or dribble) and/or there are several passes before the goal or goal-scoring opportunity"

I listened to the game on Radio 5. Their view at the end was that Chelsea more or less controlled the game. Given the injury situation I think Klopp will get a pass from most Liverpool supporters, but he will need to hit the ground running from the start of next season.

Liverpool might not even be in Europa league next year. Would they end up in the Europa conference ? Would be hilarious

Mad to think the last Pep vs Klopp poll was almost unanimous in favour of Klopp.
You’re kidding me on right?

I love that Pep goes into every competition with the aim of winning it.

Klopp couldn’t care less about the League or FA Cup.

Pep is a serial winner. That’s the real difference between them.

Its scandalous the money chelsea have spent

But their CB options are Zouma, Ruidiger, Christensen and a 50yo Tiago Silva

Plus Chilwell the latest in a long line of overhyped expensive players
Chelsea have played 10 games under Tuchel and conceded 2 goals. Chelsea were excellent tonight at the back. Such technically astute and calm defending.

What a turnaround under Tuchel.

Mad to think the last Pep vs Klopp poll was almost unanimous in favour of Klopp.
Mad to think that some football fans are so fickle. A couple of years back fans would have groaned had Davie Moyes been installed as manager of their Premiership club. Now he's the in thing, again. Next year's managerial flavour of the month will be sacked the year afterwards. Rinse and repeat.

You’re kidding me on right?

I love that Pep goes into every competition with the aim of winning it.

Klopp couldn’t care less about the League or FA Cup.

Pep is a serial winner. That’s the real difference between them.

Mate we’re on a forum where players can be brilliant one week and shite the next, people drastically change their views on a game by game basis so it’s not too surprising.

But yes, a lot of chat of how Guardiola’s just a chequebook manager and Klopp’s a miracle worker. Klopp clearly was the top dog at that particular moment but the way Guardiola was downplayed and written off was quite funny. It’s just a bit more funny now Klopp’s setting the wrong kinds of records and Guardiola is strolling away from the rest, and did so while he was missing his two best player.

Mad to think that some football fans are so fickle. A couple of years back fans would have groaned had Davie Moyes been installed as manager of their Premiership club. Now he's the in thing, again. Next year's managerial flavour of the month will be sacked the year afterwards. Rinse and repeat.

Agreed. And Moyes was never a bad manager, the subsequent United managers had far more time and money than him and really they haven’t gotten too much further. He also had the toughest entrance given he was the first man in after the exit of the greatest club manager of all time.

It’s totally soulless.

Off work last week I watched a lot of the shows covering the EPL from 90s early 00s.

They’d be best shelving those, but it highlights just how bad the product is now.

Corporate entities full of robots going through the motions in a non-contact sport refereed by wankers with a computer.

It’s shite.
I want Rangers in the EPL. I also want life time bans to Hovis fans who are stuck in the distant past.

Still the best league around.

Agreed. And Moyes was never a bad manager, the subsequent United managers had far more time and money than him and really they haven’t gotten too much further. He also had the toughest entrance given he was the first man in after the exit of the greatest club manager of all time.
Moyes did well at Everton, but bombed in his subsequent three positions, and most certainly performed very poorly for several seasons.

He’s performing well with West Ham now though.

VAR certainly has its uses but to deny Chelsea a goal when Werners arm was a wee bit further forward than the last Liverpool player was absurd.

VAR needs tweaking.

VAR certainly has its uses but to deny Chelsea a goal when Werners arm was a wee bit further forward than the last Liverpool player was absurd.

VAR needs tweaking.
I thought you couldn’t be declared as offside if it was part of the body you can’t score with that was in the offside position?

Alexander Arnolt looks dreadful nowadays. Constantly gives the ball away.

Some Liverpool fans - who are easily amongst the most deluded out there - were saying he was better than a peak Dani Alves last season. Loonies.

Thiago is wasted there as well. He'd thrive under Pep.

Back