Liverpool v Napoli friendly at Murrayfield?

Agree to an extent but can’t help but feel it’s another attempt for the premier league to force itself on us. If they want to play in Scotland then why not one of our teams, give outlet teams some exposure.

Would still get a decent crowd of both neutrals, Liverpool fans and Scottish fans for their own team. Shown when Barca played hibs/hearts at murrayfield years ago.

I’m pretty certain, had we asked, Liverpool would have played us at Ibrox that weekend

Guess we didn’t ask?

Liverpool wont bring 20k fans up for that.

It's Scotland, not the moon - chance of a piss up 4 hours up the road in the middle of summer.

A lot of people are shut out from going to games of football, an open book chance to see their team on the road will see them brining that many without much problem.

It's Scotland, not the moon - chance of a piss up 4 hours up the road in the middle of summer.

A lot of people are shut out from going to games of football, an open book chance to see their team on the road will see them brining that many without much problem.
I'm aware where Murrayfield.
Rangers and Celtic fans are unique when it comes to big travelling support for meaningless friendlies.
Liverpool will have a big support but they defo won't have anywhere near 20k locals travelling up.

they will it'll near sell out
It will have a big crowd and thousands of "liverpool fans" but they won't bring anywhere near 20k up from liverpool for a pre season friendly.
Rangers and Celtic are unique for big travelling support for friendlies.

I mean, its a great soundbite and one we, and they love to say - but it doesn't ring true.

If the expectation was a poorly attended game for this, it wouldn't be happening.

I mean its legit like a few years since Liverpool had a friendly with an attendance of about 90,000 at a stadium about the same distance to them as Murrayfield.

That will sell out easy. Lot of plastics up here particularly on the east coast, then there is the many they will bring from Merseyside for it as well as families who'll go for the day out.

Think it is only a matter of time before there is an NFL match at Murrayfield, certainly appeal to Yanks to come over for it - place is full of them when the London ones are on.

I'm aware where Murrayfield.
Rangers and Celtic fans are unique when it comes to big travelling support for meaningless friendlies.
Liverpool will have a big support but they defo won't have anywhere near 20k locals travelling up.

My memory could be deceiving me here but did they not fill the broomie for a pre season friendly in 2008 or something? I can see this being very close if not a sell out, Liverpool have a lot of fans in Scotland and also loads who travel everywhere.

My memory could be deceiving me here but did they not fill the broomie for a pre season friendly in 2008 or something? I can see this being very close if not a sell out, Liverpool have a lot of fans in Scotland and also loads who travel everywhere.

No they had half of it both front and Rear filled that

From BF/R1 to BF/R3

not the best photo

That's my point mate, loads of fans from Scotland and tourist fans, thet wont bring 20k hardcore scousers for a friendly.
They spend their time and money travelling over England & Europe for important games.

Any idea the chances /availability of getting tickets at Anfield for an EPL match? And how you go about getting them?, kids have got the bug for them but I've never been interested in English football

I can get access to tickets on Monday as part of a pre sale

Pretty sure I can send the link on so anyone wanting it let me know

No discount etc and can buy up to 8 tickets
is it possible for 2 adults and 2 kids?

*Edit - Just re read what you said. If possible would you be able to send the link over

Found out to that we play Lyon in Geneva but the auld Scouse Warehouse what others called Switzerland is a bit pricey so Edinburgh it is. I need to start thinking about my pennies for our first Euro away next season as the group draw is in August I think. The tickets are available on the 12th for the Napoli game but my family and a few mates my be a bit busy on that day. I may go via Glasgow on the Friday and make a weekend of it.

Who organises a game like this? It seems like a really strange choice of venue. Surely this is another case of the idiots at the sfa being completely outmanoeuvred? Unable to attract two top clubs to a game at a historic football ground like Hampden....

Or is this another test to see if Murrayfield can be used as a football venue at the expense of Hampden?

liverpool sold out in dublin two years on they trot did they not?
There is a difference between Liverpool selling it out and it being sold out. But it will be a chance for football fans in Scotland to see the current CL champions. If you're a dad with young kids it's a nice thing to do, no matter who you support

Any idea the chances /availability of getting tickets at Anfield for an EPL match? And how you go about getting them?, kids have got the bug for them but I've never been interested in English football
best bet would be getting memberships for yourself and the kids mate,you get the chance to apply for tickets for games in a twice yearly pre sale, games up to around xmas, then games for the 2nd half of season, beware though it is a bit of a bun fight as demand usually exceeds supply and certain criteria apply for the bigger games,ie games attended previous season,but for some of the less glamorous games it may be possible to pick up tickets in the pre sale, i usually only attend about 4 a season and tend to get games for the smaller teams in the pre sales,and any bigger games i want to go to i either see if friends i have down there can sort me or i take my chance and go up to the ticket window on the morning of the game and see if i can pick up any returns,i did this for the last 2 everton games at anfield and man utd 2 seasons ago,its a risky process and probably wont pay off for you if you are looking for more than a single ticket,may be you could look at any league cup games midweek at anfield against a smaller club as a way of getting the kids over as tickets will generally have better availability then

Aye, locals mainly.
Liverpool are massive over there obviously.
When they played the mentally challengeds in Dublin it was 75% red
There will be plenty of non scousers wanting to go.
I’m away otherwise I would have, half my street say they will be.

best bet would be getting memberships for yourself and the kids mate,you get the chance to apply for tickets for games in a twice yearly pre sale, games up to around xmas, then games for the 2nd half of season, beware though it is a bit of a bun fight as demand usually exceeds supply and certain criteria apply for the bigger games,ie games attended previous season,but for some of the less glamorous games it may be possible to pick up tickets in the pre sale, i usually only attend about 4 a season and tend to get games for the smaller teams in the pre sales,and any bigger games i want to go to i either see if friends i have down there can sort me or i take my chance and go up to the ticket window on the morning of the game and see if i can pick up any returns,i did this for the last 2 everton games at anfield and man utd 2 seasons ago,its a risky process and probably wont pay off for you if you are looking for more than a single ticket,may be you could look at any league cup games midweek at anfield against a smaller club as a way of getting the kids over as tickets will generally have better availability then
cheers , just checked there and it's over £20 each for membership not sure I could go to that just for the chance of a ticket. Any good fan sites that sell spares?

I can get access to tickets on Monday as part of a pre sale

Pretty sure I can send the link on so anyone wanting it let me know

No discount etc and can buy up to 8 tickets

If you could please send me the link, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

A thread about a positive pre season friendly taking place and you manage to link that to child abuse. Incredible.
I think you'll find I never linked the game to child abuse.
I replied to a post saying the game selling out would be a slap in the face to Scottish football, my reply was of course that Scottish football should sell itself better rather than provide a safe haven for the child abuse club.

Now which part of that do you disagree with?
A. Scottish football could sell itself better?
B. Scottish footballs authorities have given a safe place to the paedo club?

I think you'll find I never linked the game to child abuse.
I replied to a post saying the game selling out would be a slap in the face to Scottish football, my reply was of course that Scottish football should sell itself better rather than provide a safe haven for the child abuse club.

Now which part of that do you disagree with?
A. Scottish football could sell itself better?
B. Scottish footballs authorities have given a safe place to the paedo club?
I just find it disturbing that you manage to bring that subject into a thread about a friendly taking place in Scotland between two massive European teams. I find that weird as hell. Maybe that’s just me. Then again I enjoy football for the sport it is.

Back