MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ryan Kent man of the match and winner tonight, he'll torment that clown TAA.

Gary Neville done good article on TAA , as a fellow fullback , he was a good defender , and had to put the effort in to get better going forward , TAA is the opposite , he clearly doesn’t enjoy that aspect of his position , he doesn’t get low into challenge , you have to against a player like Kent .

This is make or break, we need a win to survive in this group otherwise this is becoming embarrassing. Liverpool conceded 3 at the weekend so go 2 up front , Morelos and Colak - play with desire and really go for it!

Did we have them yes or no? I’m not the one comparing the two matches as if they are in any way the same. We aren’t as good as we were last season. And we aren’t playing Dortmund in the Europa league we are playing Liverpool in the champions league at anfield.

Yes we did and if you'd read someone on here saying we will do Borussia Dortmund over 2 legs because we have Calvin Bassey you'd have laughed.

Morelos and kent were flying and we still had Aribo and Bassey when we played Dortmund.

This isn’t the same. Tonight is about trying to not lose by an embarrassing scoreline.

As others have said, damage limitation. I’d bite the had off you for a 3/0 defeat and move on.
We weren't flying. Had just not long came off that awful run of draws at the Sheep and Ross County, and the 3-0 at the piggery, although granted we had 2 good comfortable wins at home to Hearts and Hibs.

Liverpool are better than Dortmund though granted.

I don't think that it will be an easy game tonight, be happy with a draw and over the moon with a win.
Just do the best you can and perform well and I will be happy enough.
Come on Rangers.

We were playing Elgin, Stranraer and East Stirling in recent times. Tonight we're at Anfield in the Champions League. My son who's 16 sat through all the leagues and knew nothing different. Tonight its for him and every Rangers fan who've stuck by our great club. Huge ask to get anything. I'd be happy with anything less than 3 goal defeat tbh. We are playing a world class side.

Mon the Gers!

They're a better team than us all over the park.

Can't see us leaving Anfield with anything less than a comprehensive drubbing.

Got a better feeling over tonight’s game than the previous CL matches (not that that matters much).

Hoping to see someone stand in front of the away end celebrating a late winner!

Really hope we've tightened up on defending corners - some of the deliveries they put onto Van Dijk/Matip's head are scarily good.

We need to show them no respect, compete properly, and have a go. Knock them off their stride. Don‘t get caught up in the occasion, name, stadium and the players.

Start with real intensity, and keep it up throughout, and we have an outside chance of picking up a result.

If Brighton can do it then so can we.

I just said the same thing have a go don’t go into hiding like we did vs Ajax if we have a go the fans will accept that
Exactly, we can all dream of a shock, and that’s exactly what a draw would be, a huge shock, but realistically very few bears actually expect anything tonight, just to try our absolute best and not get hammered, like another Ajax, which was a total capitulation

Don't know why or where its came from but woke up this morning feing strangely optimistic about the outcome tonight.

Liverpool look arguably as weak as they've ever been under Klopp's tenure. Van dijk lost his invincible aura, full backs not as rampaging as they once were, midfield in general is a bit pedestrian in comparison to other top clubs, Nunez taking time to settle in and even Salah hasn't hit anywhere near his best form this season.

Yes, they're still levels above us overall but it's a free hit basically. Every man and his dug has us well beaten, understandably so. But we should use that as motivation to deliver maximum effort and show we are able to compete with the elite on our day. What an opportunity for the players to achieve one of the greatest and most unexpected results in our entire history. Embrace the challenge and give it our all.

A shock 2-1 to the famous. Captain Tav with the late winner. Absolute scenes.

Don't know why or where its came from but woke up this morning feing strangely optimistic about the outcome tonight.

Liverpool look arguably as weak as they've ever been under Klopp's tenure. Van dijk lost his invincible aura, full backs not as rampaging as they once were, midfield in general is a bit pedestrian in comparison to other top clubs, Nunez taking time to settle in and even Salah hasn't hit anywhere near his best form this season.

Yes, they're still levels above us overall but it's a free hit basically. Every man and his dug has us well beaten, understandably so. But we should use that as motivation to deliver maximum effort and show we are able to compete with the elite on our day. What an opportunity for the players to achieve one of the greatest and most unexpected results in our entire history. Embrace the challenge and give it our all.

A shock 2-1 to the famous. Captain Tav with the late winner. Absolute scenes.
I actually dreamt we'd win 2-1... :D

Fever dream probably.

Just hope the FF posters behave on the thread tonight if we go a goal down, we’re playing arguably 1 of top3 teams on the planet. We all want a positive result but we must temper our expectations and hope we pull off a miracle tonight. Would be nice to score the first goal and dream for a bit .

chl.png

Just hope the FF posters behave on the thread tonight if we go a goal down, we’re playing arguably 1 of top3 teams on the planet. We all want a positive result but we must temper our expectations and hope we pull off a miracle tonight. Would be nice to score the first goal and dream for a bit .

They are certainly top 3 on the planet. Atm I'd have it

Manchester City
Real Madrid
Liverpool

Special mention for Bayern Munich just outside

If theres a team i cant stand in world football its Liverpool along with their LB and Manger i wish them nothing but failure

Lets go Rangers

You want Rangers to go two upfront away to Liverpool?
indeed, we are not going to catch Liverpool on the break or counter. 3-5-1-1 is the formation. Morelos behind Colak. Get in front then change the system to stop them playing. Liverpool are not at their best at the moment.

If we play to the levels we managed v Dortmund or Leipzig at home, and they don’t hit form we could take something.

If they play well and so do we, a couple of goals defeat for us.

If they play well and we are poor, it will be a heavy defeat, with the potential for embarrassing.

That’s my take on it anyway.

Just wanted to say how proud I am of this football club, where we have been and now back at the top flight playing the best of the best. Sure like everyone else I like to complain but sometimes its a nice feeling to take it in. Looking forward to the game!!

indeed, we are not going to catch Liverpool on the break or counter. 3-5-1-1 is the formation. Morelos behind Colak. Get in front then change the system to stop them playing. Liverpool are not at their best at the moment.
So not only do you want us to play two upfront away to Liverpool you want Rangers to go man for man at the back?

I really hope it's the Rangers the smashed Dortmund by 6 goals that turns up tonight.

Want to skelp this outfit and make a statement.

So not only do you want us to play two upfront away to Liverpool you want Rangers to go man for man at the back?
With 5 across the middle of the park, yes. We are not going to win games unless you score goals. Liverpools defence is at its worst in recent years, either take the chance and go for it or site back and let them run riot. Rangers need and its imperative they score first. If Brighton can score 3 and go two upfront, why cant we? We are better than Brighton FC, surely?

I really hope it's the Rangers the smashed Dortmund by 6 goals that turns up tonight.

Want to skelp this outfit and make a statement.
100% we need a win, even by a goal to put us back at the top and real contenders for Champions league football.

With 5 across the middle of the park, yes. We are not going to win games unless you score goals. Liverpools defence is at its worst in recent years, either take the chance and go for it or site back and let them run riot. Rangers need and its imperative they score first. If Brighton can score 3 and go two upfront, why cant we? We are better than Brighton FC, surely?
You’re at the wind up …..

Napoli should be kept separate. Sands’ red changed everything.
I agree but the way we capitulate after a setback is beyond ridiculous. Lose an early goal v Celtic and go to absolute pieces. Same as Ajax. Red card v Napoli and again, total capitulation.

We need to be so much stronger mentally and physically. We need to be the ones looking for early goals.

I agree but the way we capitulate after a setback is beyond ridiculous. Lose an early goal v Celtic and go to absolute pieces. Same as Ajax. Red card v Napoli and again, total capitulation.

We need to be so much stronger mentally and physically. We need to be the ones looking for early goals.
Their 2nd and 3rd goals were 85th and 90th respectively. And shsgger saved Sands’ resulting penalty twice. I’d hardly say we capitulated. We ended the match with barely any defenders on the pitch.

Their 2nd and 3rd goals were 85th and 90th respectively. And shsgger saved Sands’ resulting penalty twice. I’d hardly say we capitulated. We ended the match with barely any defenders on the pitch.
It's another game where we've had a setback and then went on to concede 3 in one half of football. We go to pieces when under pressure and it needs addressed tonight.

We'll no doubt have a setback or 2 tonight but we need to be far more stronger at holding our own.

Back