Liverpool v Roma

I see the ferals are getting ready for the Roma team bus. They’re going to be letting off flares and fireworks right outside a sick kids hospital and they’ve all been told to bring along their ‘ beers ‘.

3-1 reds.

On a side note, my ticket for tonight was £43 on the Kop which is very well priced for a semi final. Conpare that to Roma charging £73 for next week.
Do you think there will be more than the 36,000 who turned up last time you were in the old style European cup semi ?

3-1 reds.

On a side note, my ticket for tonight was £43 on the Kop which is very well priced for a semi final. Conpare that to Roma charging £73 for next week.
Quite rightly the club and fans have complained to UEFA. Man Utd, Bayern and in this round Arsenal have also faced stiff prices. Liverpool have opted not to subsidise the fans, unlike Arsenal who have, in an attempt to get UEFA to deal with it. Normally they wash their hands of it once the side stumps up for their fans.

Roma fans are paying £48 at Anfield.

Won’t be an easy tie, I expect Roma to try and stifle, which doesn’t play into Liverpool’s hands the way a more attacking opponent might and they will try to exploit Dzeko’s height from set pieces.

Hopefully Liverpool can prevail over the two legs and reach an eighth final.

Last edited:
I see the ferals are getting ready for the Roma team bus. They’re going to be letting off flares and fireworks right outside a sick kids hospital and they’ve all been told to bring along their ‘ beers ‘.

Given Liverpool's history with Italian teams, I think there would definitely be a massive reaction.

Roma will give Liverpool a decent game. I can see it being a score draw. 2-2 nicely set up for the 2nd leg

If Roma don't score 2+ goals tonight, they are out.

It's all about away goals - and Liverpool are good for a couple, as per City.

'Mon the Liverpool - finally back where they belong.

Reactions: WBD
Much as I'd like to see Roma, ultimately, go through I think they are in for a torrid time tonight. Quite simply, as an attacking unit, this Liverpool team are very formidable.

Of course, we are talking Italians here, the masters of defence - despite that incredible comeback against Barca. It really will be a contrast in styles. Whilst the Liverpool defence is weak I just don't see them collapsing in the return leg in the manner Barcelona did. With that in mind Roma desperately need to keep it close tonight - ideally scoring an away goal.

I don't think they can do it. 2-0 to Liverpool tonight and 1-1 in the return.

Sadly.

Hopefully Liverpool go through and it's a final vs. Real Madrid.

Have to say I've gained a lot of respect for Roma as a club this season though, their players all laying wreaths for the 96 at Anfield yesterday only adds to that. Genuine class.

If Roma don't score 2+ goals tonight, they are out.

It's all about away goals - and Liverpool are good for a couple, as per City.

'Mon the Liverpool - finally back where they belong.

The city defence is almost as bad as ours at times.

The goals they lost were an absolute joke.

Can't see anything except a Liverpool win tonight, especially with Salah in such incredible form.

However, those might just be the perfect conditions for a complete surprise :) Football has a really funny way of spitting up totally unexpected results just when everyone thinks a match is a stick on.

The way the pressed against Barcelona was incredible. If they can repeat that intensity I think any side would struggle to cope with it.

Big IF though as they may have raised their game for Barca and after a comeback like that it would be easy to imagine them thinking their name is on the cup and becoming complacent.

Looking forward to this game, expecting Liverpool to come flying out the blocks like they did against Man City, much will depend on how Roma weather that if so.

Fancy Roma to score either way, I’ll go 2-1 Liverpool.

Not fussed, both are just playing for the right to be cuffed by Madrid in the final

You just know Ronaldo's got a staunner at the thought of coming up against a back 5 of Alexander Arnold, Andy Robertson, Dejan Lovren, Virgil Van Dijk and Loris Karius 'protected' by a midfield 3 of Chamberlain, Milner and Henderson in a Champions League Final.

I give it 10 minutes before he's running about with his shirt off.

Back