Liverpool vs Man Utd

They’re right to be pissed off. Relatively poor sides have gotten more joy at Anfield this season because they know Liverpool can’t defend.

For United and Mourinho to spend all that money and go for a draw in a game that was very winnable is embarrassing, especially when they’re sitting behind City who absolutely wiped the floor with Liverpool as well as giving Chelsea the run around.
City only wipe the floor due to the cowardly refereeing decision to send off Mané. Liverpool started the game the strongest and City scored against the run of play.

City only wipe the floor due to the cowardly refereeing decision to send off Mané. Liverpool started the game the strongest and City scored against the run of play.

I think they would have won anyway. Liverpool can’t defend and City unlike United, would have kept attacking. Also, I think you need to be more honest with yourself and accept that Mane was rightly sent off for a really dangerous tackle so Liverpool were rightly and fairly pumped and discarded like a cheap hoor.

They should have won today though, only De Gea and some poor finishing from Salah and Can prevented that.

Lukaku really does look ordinary against the better sides.

Over the past year or so Kane has had a tendency to top us his goals tally against weaker sides and struggle more against top teams yet you’d think he was Pele Mk II if you listen to what’s been said over the last few weeks.

I think Lukaku definitely has a little mental block and felt the pressure of needing that big game goal today, that’s why he’s went with a relatively tame and safe shot (nice height and too central) instead of trying to drill it low into the corner where there’s more chance of missing the target.

Was on too early for me so watched it on dvr. Got to halftime and gave up, had 0-0 written all over it, don't think I made a mistake.

Hope Liverpool stick with Klopp though.

Rashford picked up a knock playing for England apparently. Probably not 100% fit.
A half fit Rashford is still a better option than Young.

If Rashford is genuinely unfit then there's still the likes of Mata instead of a player you haven't played for about a year from the start since you last needed to bore out a 0-0 draw at your rivals.

If anyone wants to see the difference between City and United, today exemplified it.

The game is shocking and the atmosphere is really flat. Don't think Liverpool are going to win the league this year :D

No shit, Sherlock :D

I know you were joking, btw :)

As for the game, 2 hours of my life I won't get back.

Dire

Come on it was hardly cowardly to send of mane

At first thought a thought it was harsh but looking at it again and seeing the injuries the keeper picked up you can’t say it was a cowardly decision

Man Utd shouldn’t even be mentioned beside Man City as becoming champions.

It’s night and day between the two of them , if not in points at the moment, but certainly in quality of play.

Man Utd sack a manager because “ he isn’t playing the right way” yet they put up with that? They were deplorable yesterday.

For a support who go on about “attack, attack, attack” they would be a laughing stock if they come out with that now.

Man Utd’s biggest problems may not be just being behind Man City in the table but that City play far better more exciting football, a team people want to see,than they ever will under Mourinho.

Man Utd shouldn’t even be mentioned beside Man City as becoming champions.

It’s night and day between the two of them , if not in points at the moment, but certainly in quality of play.

Man Utd sack a manager because “ he isn’t playing the right way” yet they put up with that? They were deplorable yesterday.

For a support who go on about “attack, attack, attack” they would be a laughing stock if they come out with that now.

Man Utd’s biggest problems may not be just being behind Man City in the table but that City play far better more exciting football, a team people want to see,than they ever will under Mourinho.

And it only cost a measly £1bn...

FWIW I've yet to see one of the over hyped big games in England that wasn't a complete borefest.

Watching Sunday Supplement just now and it ain’t hard to pick out the two Man Utd supporters on the panel.

“Great result “

“Tactical masterclass”

Yet I would bet these are the same guys moaning about V Gaal and how Man Utd have to play a certain way and it’s not just about success but how they achieve that success.

Away and have a lie down. City were already in the lead when he got sent off. The days of Souness and Dalglish are gone and not coming back anytime soon. Get used to it.

Watching Sunday Supplement just now and it ain’t hard to pick out the two Man Utd supporters on the panel.

“Great result “

“Tactical masterclass”

Yet I would bet these are the same guys moaning about V Gaal and how Man Utd have to play a certain way and it’s not just about success but how they achieve that success.
There's a double-edged sword.
If Mourinho opened up and lost to Liverpool it could harm the Man Utd brand and cannot happen if he wants job security.
Closing the game to 0-0 keeps them within touching distance of City.

There's a double-edged sword.
If Mourinho opened up and lost to Liverpool it could harm the Man Utd brand and cannot happen if he wants job security.
Closing the game to 0-0 keeps them within touching distance of City.

Whatever way you dress it up, taking your side worth hundreds of millions and playing for a draw against a defensively poor side who’ve won 1 game in 8, is absolutely piss poor and cowardly and a lot of United fans are quite right to be angry with that approach.

Whatever way you dress it up, taking your side worth hundreds of millions and playing for a draw against a defensively poor side who’ve won 1 game in 8, is absolutely piss poor and cowardly and a lot of United fans are quite right to be angry with that approach.
I agree slightly, but Pogba injured, Liverpool cost hundreds of millions too, I doubt Jose thought 0-0 would do, he probably aimed to win from a set piece or counter attack, and matched Liverpool.

If Utd want to go toe-to-toe with City they probably need to make sure they can park the bus at times and try nick games because they won't be able to play open against them and win IMO.

I agree slightly, but Pogba injured, Liverpool cost hundreds of millions too, I doubt Jose thought 0-0 would do, he probably aimed to win from a set piece or counter attack, and matched Liverpool.

If Utd want to go toe-to-toe with City they probably need to make sure they can park the bus at times and try nick games because they won't be able to play open against them and win IMO.

United’s side cost far more to assemble and in addition to that, Pogba has been absolutely stinking in these big games for United, he’s completely crumbled under the pressure so I’d have been shocked if he’d made the difference anyway. Mourinho also had Mata in his squad, a player who helped LvG’s United side dominate Liverpool at Anfield.

Liverpool were missing Sane, and key attacking component and still saw fit to try and win the game!

As for Mourinho against City, it’s not even worth debating, we absolutely know he’ll go worth the same set up. He’s got better reason to be doing it against City than against Liverpool though.

United’s side cost far more to assemble and in addition to that, Pogba has been absolutely stinking in these big games for United, he’s completely crumbled under the pressure so I’d have been shocked if he’d made the difference anyway. Mourinho also had Mata in his squad, a player who helped LvG’s United side dominate Liverpool at Anfield.

Liverpool were missing Sane, and key attacking component and still saw fit to try and win the game!

As for Mourinho against City, it’s not even worth debating, we absolutely know he’ll go worth the same set up. He’s got better reason to be doing it against City than against Liverpool though.

Klopp at Liverpool has a good record in bigger games and a poorer record in smaller games. I'm sure Mourinho will know that.

And regardless of the amount of money it cost to build each side, United were starting with Ashley Young on a wing and Pogba injured. Mata would struggle to start for Liverpool IMO being so slow that he's not a winger and Wijnaldum, Can, Henderson all have pace and can defend better.

Liverpool would obviously play their usual way regardless if Mane injured because they paid multi-millions for Salah, and if they drop deep they themselves might crumble.

Always the same with you.Liverpool always the victims just like another set of scum up here.

Sat this one out yesterday and went furniture shopping with the missus. Didn't miss any thing going by the extended highlights.

Mourinho doing what he does best - frustrate the opposition and getting a result in a tough away game. Manchester United were awful (De Gea aside) and still managed to get a point. That's Anfield (Liverpool's cup final) in the league out way for another season.

Juergen Klopp face was a picture. Moaning faced ****. Can't remember the last time Liverpool won a match tbh?

Sat this one out yesterday and went furniture shopping with the missus. Didn't miss any thing going by the extended highlights.

Mourinho doing what he does best - frustrate the opposition and getting a result in a tough away game. Manchester United were awful (De Gea aside) and still managed to get a point. That's Anfield (Liverpool's cup final) in the league out way for another season.

Juergen Klopp face was a picture. Moaning faced ****. Can't remember the last time Liverpool won a match tbh?

Parking the bus against a side that couldn’t keep weans oot a close, a side who have won 1 game in 8. That’s a stroke of genius alright, especially when you’re already behind your City rivals who are currently flying.

People who don't support EPL teams, watch games in their house etc get more pissed re EPL games that fans who actually bother to go....

A draw away at Liverpool in the context of a season is the kind of thing Man U will be happy with - come the end of the season no one gives a %^*& about performances.

Back