Liverpool want £25m for Harry Wilson

If you look at what happens when teams fall out of the epl, its frightening,, their wage bills are immense, meaning they go into massive debt,, if they can't get promoted back to the epl within 3 years then they are in big trouble,, look at the likes of Wigan, Bolton and Sunderland

Someone will pay that no bother down there. Liverpool are Apparantly going to pay 30m for Ryan Frazer ffs

I agree but just over the last 3 to 4 years it’s gone lunar.Ordinary players going for £75 million isn’t good for the game.

I wouldn't go as far as killing the game, but I do agree it's lunacy the prices being thrown about.

I remember thinking when Ronaldo moved in 2009 for £80 million that it was crazy money no matter how good he was.

Since then there has been Bale, Neymar, Mbappe, Hazard Coutinho and Pogba all gone for more.

in the top 30 transfers in football history, 18 of them were in the last 3 years and include players like Laporte, Mahrez, Lukakau and Higuaín.

Neymar moved for more than Zidane, Kaka, De Bruyne and Suarez combined. That's mental, and not sustainable, but unfortunately the way it is today.

Bu
They regard the SPL as a pub league though so why would Kent doing well here, in their eyes, boost his value?
Bull shit mate.
That's to get the prices down they have always played that card as far back as I can remember. 80's!!
Why is Kent 12m then and not kicked a ball for Liverpool??

I wouldn't go as far as killing the game, but I do agree it's lunacy the prices being thrown about.

I remember thinking when Ronaldo moved in 2009 for £80 million that it was crazy money no matter how good he was.

Since then there has been Bale, Neymar, Mbappe, Hazard Coutinho and Pogba all gone for more.

in the top 30 transfers in football history, 18 of them were in the last 3 years and include players like Laporte, Mahrez, Lukakau and Higuaín.

Neymar moved for more than Zidane, Kaka, De Bruyne and Suarez combined. That's mental, and not sustainable, but unfortunately the way it is today.
Maybe a bit harsh with the killing word but it’s not helping the game.

Well they kind of are.We cannot compete with low end Championship clubs in terms of wages and fees and we are 50 times the size of those clubs.When Bournemouth want £75 million for their striker you know the games f*cked.
Do you think football will cease to exist because of this?

Sorry, just seen your subsequent post.

Last edited:
The kid has had a great season at Derby, playing in the toughest league in football!( every year they get 3 clubs come down with mega bucks in the bank and parachute payments that could clear Greece of any debt!)
If he is influential in the play off final, that quote will only rise. The money is mental, but the rewards of staying in the top league is beyond lunacy!!

£25m for Harry Wilson, £15m for Daniel James whilst Borussia Dortmund are spending £21m on Brandt, £25m on Hazard and £22m on Schulz.

Exactly...We are a perfect example.Unless we get Champions league money or sell on our best players we simply cannot pay the ridiculous over inflated fees clubs want.
CL money is around 30 mill. Fulham got near 100 mill this season for being relegated. And maybe 60 mill next year as their parachute. There will be no competing financially ever again. And it boils my piss over the top of the pan!!!

CL money is around 30 mill. Fulham got near 100 mill this season for being relegated. And maybe 60 mill next year as their parachute. There will be no competing financially ever again. And it boils my piss over the top of the pan!!!
The arse will fall out if it eventually a lot of people using illegal streaming and the more the price rises for these games the more people will turn to that it'll come crashing down big time and the wee diddy teams will be up shit street

£
50m (Morelos Transfer Revenue)
-25m (Wilson Transfer Fee)
______
25m (Remaing transfer kitty)

Sad days when middling clubs are willing to take a £25m punt on a young player. The thing is with every one of these deals there is a knock-on effect so it keeps bumping prices up each time.

Great business yet again from Liverpool.

They are hoping to raise over £100mil from sales this summer and they are all players who are either currently on loan or fringe players.

A terrific business model that all clubs should look to replicate.
Its an awful model and it’s killing football. It’s not possible to replicate unless you are one of the few English sides who sign all the youth players. Man City, Chelsea mostly but also Liverpool have far too many of the best youth players and have basically zero intention of playing any of them. It’s profiteering

Exactly...We are a perfect example.Unless we get Champions league money or sell on our best players we simply cannot pay the ridiculous over inflated fees clubs want.

That is why we should be shopping elsewhere, plenty of countries where good players can still be bought for decent fees.

The only advantage of havig England on our doorstep is that we give players a platform to show their talent to EPL clubs and then we get silly money when sold.

Fucking mental.

We’re doing brilliant to raise £20m in ST sales.
Liverpool get more than that for a reserve player.

It’s no’ facking fair.

Where does this nonsense come from?

It could be worded better but in essence the are killing the chance for big clubs in smaller leagues from building their squads. Big clubs like Liverpool/Chelsea et al take the best talent at youth level put them out on loan then sell on to augment their income. What chance do we have of a level playing field

It's a form of football puppy farms on a vast scale. We had a gem of a player coming through and sold for £0.5m. Chelsea could sell for £30m at any time.

I get it we too get players in from other clubs but we don't bring in 50 youths per year and farm them out.

Who would have thought you could get £100m for youth players who have never played a senior game.

Good player but i think Kent's going to turn out to be a better player than him.Ryan just needs to pick out his man with the final killer pass, and add more goals to his game, and he'll turn out to be a top player.Can we afford the boy just now, i doubt it.
Unless S.G.can get him on a loan deal again.omo.

Maybe Ryan doesn't have it in him to pick out his man with that final killer pass.

Having watched him all season, and mostly against garbage, maybe the reality is, he just doesn't have it.

when you look at the prices for Hudson Odoi valued at crazy money, they will probably get it. going to be a sickener when Billy Gilmour is being touted at 20 million

Back