Liverpool want £25m for Harry Wilson

JRei8790

:rolleyes: Might be true they want £12m for Ryan Kent, English prices are going well OTT.

Source is Sky sports, with Southampton and Brighton interested in Wilson

Why shouldn't they? Someone will pay it

Leicester paid £12.5m for Danny Ward last season and at the time he was, at best, third choice goalie and they sold Solanke who scored 1 goal in 18 months for £19m

The market down there is bat shittingly crazy

With how good he has performed at Derby I wouldn't be surprised if they got £25m. The prices in English football are insane.

Reactions: TQ3
:rolleyes: Might be true they want £12m for Ryan Kent, English prices are going well OTT.

Newcastle as well.
Interesting to see if fatty is willing to stump that amount of money up.

I suspect they will get 9-10 million for Kent no problem.Its why we need to be looking elsewhere unfortunately

Harry Wilson is a good investment for any EPL club. £25m definitely on the high end but he can go the whole way whereas Kent will hit a ceiling imo.

I really really hope that the bottom falls out of English football so that normality and common sense can prevail. I know this is a naive hope of course but the money In that league is simply outrageous. There is no parity across European football, the concept of fair play and an even playing field is non existent. There have always been richer clubs and poorer clubs (and of course in Scotland we’d be considered the former over the years) but the disparity between rich and poor clubs and rich and poor leagues is getting bigger and bigger. TV money. Oil states. Whatever. It’s ruining the sporting aspect of the game for me.

You can disagree with it but it isnt killing football.
Well they kind of are.We cannot compete with low end Championship clubs in terms of wages and fees and we are 50 times the size of those clubs.When Bournemouth want £75 million for their striker you know the games f*cked.

Its certainly stifling any chance of big clubs in the smaller leagues building their squads. Its certainly not good for football.
Exactly...We are a perfect example.Unless we get Champions league money or sell on our best players we simply cannot pay the ridiculous over inflated fees clubs want.

I really really hope that the bottom falls out of English football so that normality and common sense can prevail. I know this is a naive hope of course but the money In that league is simply outrageous. There is no parity across European football, the concept of fair play and an even playing field is non existent. There have always been richer clubs and poorer clubs (and of course in Scotland we’d be considered the former over the years) but the disparity between rich and poor clubs and rich and poor leagues is getting bigger and bigger. TV money. Oil states. Whatever. It’s ruining the sporting aspect of the game for me.
The only way it will happen is of more and more players cant be moved on because of wages. Look at sanchez, pogba etc. No way anywhere but wngland can afford them unless their parebt club continues to carry part of the wages. When clubs have 6,7,8 players on their books that they are doing that with then wage levels and prices will drop

Exactly...We are a perfect example.Unless we get Champions league money or sell on our best players we simply cannot pay the ridiculous over inflated fees clubs want.

Agreed mate, too many on here say glibly oh they will get it cos so and so went for 18m, without realising the damage the English game is having in a broader sense in football.

Killing is a strong word, but it's definately causing major issues.

When tier 2 players get paid double to sit on a premiership bench than we could pay them, then we are denying the world very good footballers! And preventing them becoming great.

The unknown with Kent (by comparison to Wilson) is what he would do in the EPL / Championship. I think the way we play suits Kent well. By contrast I am not convinced that he would get anything like the same freedom elsewhere. Doesn’t mean Liverpool won’t get £12m for Kent but, if they do, I think he is much more of a risk for a buyer than Wilson is.

It might not be killing football but it’s definitely killing my love of football. Outside of Rangers i really don’t give a %^*& anymore. Bit sad really as I used to love watching the EPL, Champions League etc. Lost interest now and I think it’s because the game is all about cash these days.

If we could have got him on loan he could have been the difference maker on us winning the league this year. I was optimistic about trying again for him on loan this year but Liverpool apparently valuing him at 25 million, there will be no chance of that happening.

With how good he has performed at Derby I wouldn't be surprised if they got £25m. The prices in English football are insane.
Precisely. A better player than Hudson Odoi and Chelsea have turned down £35m. Liverpool should be asking more.

He’s brilliant, someone will pay it. Folk forget with Kent he’ll be worth much much more in a couple of years. This is the reality.

Great business yet again from Liverpool.

They are hoping to raise over £100mil from sales this summer and they are all players who are either currently on loan or fringe players.

A terrific business model that all clubs should look to replicate.

It might not be killing football but it’s definitely killing my love of football. Outside of Rangers i really don’t give a %^*& anymore. Bit sad really as I used to love watching the EPL, Champions League etc. Lost interest now and I think it’s because the game is all about cash these days.

I take your point but you could also argue that the EPL and Champions League are more exciting than ever. We’re currently seeing some of the best teams and players ever to play the game.

It’s been “all about the cash” for a long time, it was just easier for us to stomach in the 90s as we were the ones with the cash and hoovering up talent with it.

Oddly, I think that’s a decent deal.

He could easily be a £40m player in a season.

James Maddison went for £30m.

You have to wonder the wage scale these young lads would command after seeing the transfer fees quoted. Getting a bit insane in my opinion.

they want £25 million for Wilson and £12 million for Kent 2 players who liverpool know won't ever grace their first 11 clubs willing to buy them should hold off their prices will come down and the players themselves could help by dictating where they want to go

Good player but i think Kent's going to turn out to be a better player than him.Ryan just needs to pick out his man with the final killer pass, and add more goals to his game, and he'll turn out to be a top player.Can we afford the boy just now, i doubt it.
Unless S.G.can get him on a loan deal again.omo.

I said this a couple of months ago as got wind that’s what they wanted for him. I hinted the expected fee for Kent would be equally outrageous.

Our best hope is probably to pay them about £2m to take him on loan again. They won’t loan him for free, not now.

If he goes to Southampton they would be as well inserting a buy back clause to save them paying treble the amount they sell him for when they bring him back in 3 or 4 years.

Why this surprises anyone is beyond me.
Just look at some of the examples on here 19m for 1 goal ffs.
I got totally laughed at on here when I said Kent will be closer to 15m than 5m it's just the norm.
Kent another season on loan and we win the leauge what price is Kent then 30m??

Why this surprises anyone is beyond me.
Just look at some of the examples on here 19m for 1 goal ffs.
I got totally laughed at on here when I said Kent will be closer to 15m than 5m it's just the norm.
Kent another season on loan and we win the leauge what price is Kent then 30m??

They regard the SPL as a pub league though so why would Kent doing well here, in their eyes, boost his value?

Probably fairer to say money killed football. TV money and oil rich sheikhs, if you've either of those you'll be able to compete

Back