Liverpool want 12 million for Kent

I’m sure the Liverpool Echo have their Reds placemen as same as any other newspaper has those who favour certain teams. I think the £6-7m mentioned before is well over the top, never mind £12m. That said, sales of guys like Solanke and Ibe will give them precedent to expecting big money for players who have hardly played for their first team. It’s the English market, sadly.

From James Pearce at the Liverpool Echo :oops:. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ool-could-generate-100million-player-16281674

Ryan Kent's stock has risen north of the border during his season under the guidance of Kop legend Steven Gerrard at Rangers.
The PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year has kick-started his career after difficult spells with Freiburg and Bristol City last term.
Gerrard is keen to secure his services on a permanent basis but Liverpool's £12million price tag means Kent's future is likely to lie elsewhere.
---------------

So we pay 6 or 8 and then we think we have a bargain...

The English transfer market is mental in terms of over pricing players but personally I really think we need Kent who has been great. If we sell Alfredo for the amounts that are getting talked about then why not invest in Kent who is in my opinion more valuable to us in terms of getting the balance of the team right. Clearly another loan would be preferable but lets wait and see what the real figures are. Haven't read the whole thread but if RK leaves then Glen Middleton has the potential to be that livewire type of player on the left wing and has the energy to add work rate into the midfield the way RK did on Sunday which helped to snuff out their midfield.

Worth no where near that doesn’t have the end product in terms of goals or assists. Just because he turns their full back into a mound of jelly doesn’t mean he is a must have.

But .......but....Lewis Ferguson and x,y & z are better!!!!!

English football has a huge amount of money sloshing around it.
If Lewis Ferguson belonged to Liverpool and was playing for Aberdeen his value would be huge in comparison to his current value as an ex-Hamilton now Aberdeen player.
Andrew Robertson was bought by Liverpool for £8m can you imagine his worth now? I’d estimate £30m to £50m

I personally will be gutted if we dont manage to secure Kent on another years loan/sign him, i find him an exciting player who gets bums up off the seat

The press up here quoted £15m for Rogic !! It might be that the Liverpool Echo adopts the same tactics on behalf of Livepool FC.

Can't believe people are surprised at this?

You know Liverpool playing in the English Premier League, a league known for massive transfer signings on players nowhere near worth it.

One of the promoted teams will pay that type of money and Fulham were also interested and will use some of the Mitrovic money to get him.

I would have been happy if we looked to pay £5-6m for him but £12mis way too big a risk to take. One hammer thrower tackle and it's £12m sitting on the sidelines for a year.
But as people are saying,surely it will come down to Kent's decision and based on that surely he will know he won't be furthering his career playing for the likes of Fulham,surely Rangers will meet his aspirations in that he has European football,hopefully C.L.

You need factor in the agent and of course the wages 12 million player probably on 70/80 K minimum may be more would we be willing to smash or wage structure .

He did well for us we did well for him there will be others out there
Liverpool don't pay young players stupid money. That's how Dele Alli fell through there system

Im honestly shocked that people are shocked by this asking price?

Its 2019 ffs. £12million is buttons to a team like Liverpool.

I saw someone say "we bought Flo for £12m".. yes.. in the year 2000... nearly 20 fucking years ago..

At that time the highest transfer fee paid in England was Alan Shearer for £15million in 1996.

We live in a very different world now.

Failing in the championship and bundesliga before a semi-successful season in Scotland does not make him anywhere near a £12m player. But like a few people mention already there have been a few strange transfers in the past and young English players prices are always bloated.

I'd say Murphy is the more effective player and I'd rather have him in the team now. Obviously Kent will improve and has the other advantages you said but wouldn't pay £12m for that. Would still love to keep him though.

I really hope we’re not making Murphy out to be better than he actually is.

Wrong side of 30, recovering from an ACL - fans will be on his back if he’s not on it right away.

12m? Get to %^*&.

As good as Kent is he's nowhere near 12m worth right now.
What he’s worth and what clubs are willing to pay are different matters. Bournemouth paid £19m for Solanke isn’t worth half that imo. £12m is peanuts to clubs in England’s top 2 divisions.

People on here saying pay 5mil with x % sell-on fee, we don't call the shots on this one, Liverpool do. It's not unrealistic to think that Liverpool would get somewhere in the region of 10-12 million for Kent, it's buttons to any PL club. Also, a team at the top of the championship would pay that if they thought he could improve their chances of promotion.

I'm afraid we are shopping in a completely different market to these clubs. Maybe if Liverpool get no offers for him the situation changes.

I think the price is about right for a Liverpool player who can play, fingers and toes crossed we get him on loan again next year or some kind billionaire buys him for us. I also wouldn't mind us getting Ki-Jana Hoever on loan, another Liverpool player 17yr old defender, for a defender he is some striker, the BBC are showing a link with a goal from him, class

I said on another thread that he was closer to 15m than he was to 5m and got laughed at.
12m is peanuts down England I'm afraid!!

I'd say Murphy is the more effective player and I'd rather have him in the team now. Obviously Kent will improve and has the other advantages you said but wouldn't pay £12m for that. Would still love to keep him though.

no disrespect to Murphy but i'd have Kent at least equal in effectiveness
plus Murphy has had a major injury at an age where it might come back to hamper him

Offer £5milln and 20% sell on fee.

He hasn't done well down south and I doubt people will want to spend £12 million on the back of one season at Rangers.

Liverpool Echo inflating prices
I think £5 million or so is a reasonable offer,if there is a 20% sell on clause , we should be stipulating that the 20% is due on the profit once we have recouped our original investment.
We sell Kent for £12 million within 3 years , we recoup £5 million outlay and then 20% due on £7 million profit = £1.4 million.

Scotsman seemed to think we had £6 million set aside for it is offer that and a sell on

I don't have a grasp of values anymore as average players go for crazy money, all I would say is I hope something can be sorted for at least one more year. Great player and has (it seems to me) the Rangers ethos!

For a proven international striker, who gave a return of a goal every other game.
I don't see a comparison, or what your point is, sorry.
I don't, think Middleton is far off Kent when he arrived. Rangers do not need to spend significant funds on Ryan Kent.

Middleton is absolutely nowhere near Kent, that was clear from the start.

Liverpool will ask - and get - circa £10m and up for Kent. Look at their previous outgoings such as Ward, Ibe, Solanke etc. We will not be in the market to buy him and I don't see Liverpool loaning him out again. They will cash in on his good season in Scotland.

I like Kent and he will have a very good career. However, he's far from top of my list of players I think we desperately need to keep. Tav is top of this list, as he should be for everyone, closely followed by Morelos. I think we can replace Kent (and may already have done so) for a tiny fraction of what it would cost to buy him. Not that I think we'd pay that sort of money in any case. Our only chance is a loan and I don't see that happening.

Anyone in England who had a passing interest in the Scottish game will have noted how good and influential a player wee Ryan is.
There will be several low end EPL and Championship clubs after him. Lets be honest, £12 million is fecking sweetie money in those leagues.
Sadly I don't think we will see him next season which is a massive blow given he was pivotal in everything good about us this season.

I thought we were close to agreeing a deal and then this 12 million jumps up. Don’t think we’re far off a deal.

Kent is good but he’s a million miles from “great” (even in SPFL money).

More flicks and tricks than end product.

I hope we keep him for next season but won’t lose sleep if we miss out on him.

However he is young and will get better. Hopefully that is with us.
My feeling as well.
£3m would have my eyes watering. Not sure his end product matches his perceived value.

Kent is different gravy. Extremely exciting and effective.

But we have seen the last of him sadly.

Back