Liverpool want 12 million for Kent

I think what's not going to help us here is the performance of Harry Wilson as I think they're cut from the same cloth.

Unless Harry Wilson will go back to Liverpool and will be part of the Liverpool squad and they loan Kent again

We paid £12 million for Tore Andre Flo.
For a proven international striker, who gave a return of a goal every other game.
I don't see a comparison, or what your point is, sorry.
I don't, think Middleton is far off Kent when he arrived. Rangers do not need to spend significant funds on Ryan Kent.

I dont have a point, merely stating we paid that for another player, who you quite rightly said, gave a decent return for his games despite the exhorbitant price paid.

So much for klopp and Liverpool helping out gerrard, 12 million for a guy they have no interest in keeping really
A bit unfair there, it's not Klopp that will determine transfer fees for a start.
They're a football business not a charity!
If Klopp and Liverpool are happy to trust us with their brightest stars and reckon we can really progress them as professional footballers, I'm happy enough with that!

For £12m I'd want more end product. I think Kent is a fantastic player but his final pass, decision making and shooting is poor.

An extremely exciting player who still has the time to develop and improve further but at that sort of money there is no chance.

He will probably go top half of the English Championship or to a team battling relegation in the English Premiership and struggle for game time. Which is a shame as he needs to be playing regularly.

Rangers would be the perfect stage or Ryan Kent but sadly money rules football these days.

Agree. Still has plenty of development needed. The best for all parties in my opinion would be another loan to us next season where he should be able to develop his shooting better given the amount of chances we create. Would return to Liverpool a better player and they could command a bigger fee.

If that is the case that we aren't getting him back unless it's another loan. Simple as that. We will see what happens. Depends on how much interest he has from elsewhere.

Quite believable given values down there. And sets another marker on why we should expect a hell of a lot for Morelos.

We’d be fools to pay that but a few options remain:
1) player power. He refuses to go anywhere else. You could see it, especially given how he gets us on the field and has had by far the greatest success of his career with us. But i’ve not got the impression of this from what he’s said and it probably wouldn’t work anyway.
2) some novel payment structure partially based on goodwill to the gaffer. We get him at a cut price but with a buy-back option and massive sell on clause. Doubt Liverpool could get what they would on the open market this way but they might do it for Gerrard.
3) another loan. This might be the most likely.

He is no where near worth £12 million yet.Ffs only in England would a player be worth that with his limited experience.The worst players down there are going for £2-3 million so no surprise whatsoever.Alfie must be worth £15million in their market then.

Although I'd love Kent to stay if he goes for let's say 10m then we should find it easier to get others like Kent that are on their books again. Could be a win win for both clubs
I

Not a chance anyone down south is paying 12m for Kent on the back of a half decent season up here.
Liverpool sold Danny Ward, their 3rd choice keeper (behind Mignolet & Karius mind!) to Leicester for £12.5m last summer. Bayern were willing to pay £35m for Hudson-Odoi in January, before he'd started a league game for Chelsea. Plenty other £10m+ transfers for players based purely on potential. It's low risk for clubs in the top leagues, when they're pulling in the revenue they are. The market is just nuts.

I also like the mindset on here that AM is easily worth 20M but Kent isn't worth 12M.....

Both will be worth what their clubs want for them and what is offered for them.
I was going to post similar but from a different angle.
If Kent is worth £12m after one good season, Morelos must be worth what Marseille are rumoured to be offering and more.

Funny enough Juventus took Juan Cuadrado on like a 2/3 year loan before eventually purchasing him outright half way through the loan.

Could we do something similar with Kent then try and get him on a reduced fee I dunno ?
Similar but different for me, Liverpool give us Kent on loan for next season knowing that another season like this could almost double his current valuation.

Dont know why people think its such a crazy fee. In England 12 million for a homegrown young talent who's proven himself in a decent but not great league sounds about right. We cant pay that nor should we but it's not that insane for football these days. Think some people got their hopes up thinking it would be half that at maximum

I was going to post similar but from a different angle.
If Kent is worth £12m after one good season, Morelos must be worth what Marseille are rumoured to be offering and more.

Obviously the financial situations of both clubs is massively different. If we were to offer 5m and were to only interested party. Liverpool can afford to knock it back if it is underneath their valuation.

TBH it's nothing new. I read that as they are taking from the the value they plucked out of thin air earlier in the season.

I also like the mindset on here that AM is easily worth 20M but Kent isn't worth 12M.....

Both will be worth what their clubs want for them and what is offered for them.

It’s very similar to the mindset that Kent will go for £12mill but we’ll be lucky to get £10mill for Morelos.

How much do you think Morelos is worth again? Any more than the £2mill you used to argue about ad nauseum?

As entertaining as he is the lads still developing and is nowhere near the finished article. Is 12mil too much for him? For us yes way too much but not down there, that's low risk pocket change in those realms.

Back