Liverpool youngster given 14 day ban after video of him mocking Harry Kane

Davie Weir

The FA charged Elliott on August 23 after a Snapchat video from June 1 emerged of him referring to Kane, the Tottenham striker, as a 'fuc*ing mong*'; the footage never appeared on Elliott's social media channels but it was shared privately by a small group of people then circulated further.The 16-year-old has been fined £350 and must attend an FA education programme. The Ex-Fulham player issued a public apology to Kane via Instagram in August

Full Article: Liverpool's Harvey Elliott has been banned from all domestic club football for 14 days after admitting derogatory language about Harry Kane in a video.
The winger joined Liverpool in July having become the Premier League's youngest player in May, appearing for Fulham aged 16 years and 30 days.
Elliott's social media video, for which he has since apologised, constituted an "aggravated breach" of FA rules.
He must also complete a face-to-face education course and pay a £350 fine.
Elliott, 16, posted the offensive video on Snapchat during Tottenham's Champions League final defeat by Liverpool on 1 June.
The player stated that the video was filmed at his friend's house, where he and seven of his friends, all aged 16 and fans of both Liverpool and Tottenham, were goading each other during the match.

He said he was unaware one of the terms he used mocked disabled people.
Liverpool sought to assure the Football Association that they take a zero tolerance approach to any forms of discrimination and said Elliott was spoken to as soon as the video circulated.
The meaning of the offensive words, and how they may be viewed by the general public, was explained to him. In addition, club captain Jordan Henderson, Kane's England team-mate, spoke to Elliott about his conduct.
The FA said the fact that the player had only recently turned 16 at the time of the video had been taken into mitigation, as had a previously clean disciplinary record and that he had not intended for his conduct to be viewed by the general public.
However, the governing body added that Elliott "needs to take responsibility for the fact that there was a risk that it would be and that in any event his conduct was unacceptable".

The decision of the three-person panel may be appealed against in accordance with the Non-Fast Track Appeal Regulations.
A Liverpool spokesman said: "Harvey's apology was sincere, immediate and unequivocal. He has acknowledged privately and publicly his actions were wrong.
"Given his age when this indiscretion was committed - in a private setting and prior to signing for us - we will continue to work with Harvey on an educational basis as relates to his conduct.
"He has already demonstrated to us a willingness to learn and live up to the values and conduct expected of a Liverpool player."

Folk who have disable or down syndrome children would rightly so be annoyed at it, if we now live in a world where we cant say chink, darkie, paki or whatever then surely mong would be the same???
Who said we can't say those words?

The wider issue here is the boys right to private communication. Had he broadcast it himself fair enough punish him but he has sent a message privately and others have shared it online. Im sure everyone in here text a mate slagging someone else at some point, worth bearing in mind the boys age aswell.

Who said we can't say those words?
The British State said we can't and it's well prepared to use all it's punitive power to make sure we don't. Try saying them in any sort of public forum for long enough to get noticed and see what happens. The Police are keener on trawling Twitter looking for offensive words than they are investigating burglaries and they take it a lot more seriously.

The British State said we can't and it's well prepared to use all it's punitive power to make sure we don't. Try saying them in any sort of public forum for long enough to get noticed and see what happens. The Police are keener on trawling Twitter looking for offensive words than they are investigating burglaries and they take it a lot more seriously.
I totally agree with you statement Mate, and that is why we need to tell them to go and take a flying feck to themselves.
I will never Kowtow to their way of control. When those in charge i.e Politicians, Police and the Judicial carry out their duties with accordance of the Law then I will support their agenda. But everyone (those in charge) of them are a guilty and as corrupt to the core, than the Majority of the public.

We live in a country where words on social media, video or on a screen, are treated as a worse crime than doing something that could cause physical harm.
First they came for our words...then our thoughts.....

Young boy being a bit daft I'm glad mobiles were not around when I was young.

When my son got his first mobile phone I gave him a big lecture of the consequences of sending texts.

Then as he got a bit older it was a lecture on the use of social media.

Then it was a lecture on the use of social media while pished. It's no coincidence that my numerous bans from here occurred around 2 am. :)

If it were the other way around and an established star such as Kane trolled a kid like Harvey Elliot, the obvious imbalance in their professional status would make a sanction of some sort entirely appropriate. But to publicly shame, and level a 14-day ban on an immature 16 year old kid is way over the top.

For me, this is an example of how PC culture - whose original purpose was to curtail the abuse or mocking of racial or religious minorities - has gotten completely out of hand. It has now been 'mainstreamed' by our culture to the point where even the slightest gesture, or attempt at humour, that can be deemed 'offensive' by someone, anyone, or will be punished.

The courts, People are going to jail and losing their jobs over it.

I don't agree with it but its today's society
It makes my fecking blood boil. :mad:.
What are the so called Solicitors doing to defend peoples right to freedom of expression?

The whole place has gone mad, our Grandparents and Great Grandparents must be wondering what has the feck has happen, or if passed away spinning in their graves.

Im with You on this but regardless what He called Kane I'd suggest the Youth shut His mouth and come back when He has captained His country and played in the Champions league final.

Where is his right to Free-speech, and self expression?
ffs words cannot hurt you.
The whole place needs to rewind and get a grip.

Freedom of speech does not immunise you from criticism or reprimand. Boy posted an unintelligible video slandering a fellow professional whom he has probably had very little to do with in his career, what was the point? Stupid actions win stupid prizes, and has quite rightly opened himself up to punishment from the ruling body. Maybe he’ll think before opening his fucking mouth next time.

That mxxg word is just so wrong.
It should be a lesson learnt but shame is punishment enough
I'm not saying it's right, not at all. But this sort of thing is said in playgrounds, workplaces, homes up and down the country. I'd wager that the vast majority that say it do so flippantly not thinking of potential offence mainly because it will be used in the context of a private conversation. Clearly that has been a private conversation with language that the guy would never dream of using in public. Let's be honest, everyone will have said things privately that they'd be mortified at being made public. Again, I'm not saying it's right but we could have most of the population done on something if that's the precedent.

If players ( Role Models ), be they established or aspiring, cannot express their thoughts within the bounds of decency and recognised acceptable bounds, then what chance is there of ever eliminating unsocial behaviour considering some who post on social media sites.

Last edited:
At first I felt that the punishment for a stupid snapchat shared with a few friends was a bit harsh then I seen a picture of the topknot weirdo looking fucker and completely changed my opinion.

Suffering succatache.

World's went mad had young Harvey been black or Asian they would be scared to fine him as it would be deemed racist by some. Sooner big putin starts world war 3 the better for everyone.

At first I felt that the punishment for a stupid snapchat shared with a few friends was a bit harsh then I seen a picture of the topknot weirdo looking fucker and completely changed my opinion.
Aye you can slag no lady's front bottom when you sport one of them in fairness.

I'd it had been a local lad they were unsure on his long term prospects...oot the door.
Shell out a few Bob and it's a slap on the knuckles

To all the folk thinking this is harsh, how do you think hundreds of disabled fans who sit pitch side every week throughout the country feel?

Are the FA just going to disregard them like so many on here are?

The lad is representing and playing under their jurisdiction and is rightly being hauled over the coals.

Back