Liverpool!

I was in Liverpool yesterday and it must be shit being an Everton fan at the moment. I saw loads of red tops being worn and stalls selling their merch but I didn’t see anything relating to Everton. I was talking to an Evertonian taxi driver about it and he was in complete agreement. They’re shoving Liverpool right to the front for the tourists apparently.

That’s the Irish ‘quarter’. In reality about 4 pubs in a city centre of dozens upon dozens of bars. But you’re right, for those getting off the train it does give a very bad first impression. I reality this is their own wee hovel and one where the orange Walk each year take great delight in going past.
a helluva lot more than 4 pubs now mate ,and not just confined to the so called irish quarter around central station, along mathew st, on victoria st ,concert square,wood st, lime st,renshaw st, to name but a few,this mostly is more of a tourist attraction rather than any rebel shit,but it does rather piss me off ,still plenty of fantastic boozers in the centre though to be getting on with

Last edited:
Might get stick for this but most real Irish people aren't actually arseholes. It's the plastic paddy cunts who've never stepped foot in the country that are the problem.
This is true.
Where I work in China I drink in an Irish bar as it’s the only Western boozer around, and I’m friends with the 4 owners, all of whom couldn’t care that I’m a bear, they support Man Utd and Liverpool, they only have slight leanings to them but nothing bitter in the slightest.

We’ve now been managed by 2 Liverpool Captains, who were both among Europes best midfielders, both won the CL or Euro Cup and both have absolutely transformed us. Long may the connection continue! ⚪

I remember a large group of Liverpool fans going through the turnstiles with us into the Holte End at Aston Villa in 1976.

I’ve never held much attachment to the English leagues, ‘supported’ Manchester United as a youth due to SAF. Liverpool play some lovely football and they love a late a goal.

So has Turin and Juventus that the LFC fans played more than a bit part in. That now seems to be completely forgotten about.

LFC fans were guilty of drunken fighting, the deaths were a result of the wall collapse which nobody could have foreseen.

Can't stand the club, but have been privileged to watch some of the best football i have seen (on the teli) courtesy of them through the years, to be fair i can't stand any other premiership teams either :)

when I was a kid in the 60'/70' we always had an affinity with Liverpool, not sure what happened to that

Exactly, it was always Liverpool and Rangers.

Everton were the big catholic team ...

Slightly before my time but think there was buses running from The Grapes to Anfield when Rangers weren’t at home.,

Sad to say but there’s a few Rangers tops in the footage of Hillsborogh.

I actually feel sorry for the genuine old school Orangemen who have been supporting Liverpool since the 60’s.
They’ve seen their support neutralised by a combination of glory hunters and tourists who were not even around in the mid 70’s. More alarmingly, their success in Europe backfired to such an extent that the demographics of even their local support changed drastically as the huge catholic population of the city suddenly saw them as something that could be latched onto.
So the Liverpool support we see today is as far removed as possible from the Liverpool support that followed them up to the mid 1970’s.
Thank you for that.........that explains a HELLUVA lot!!!!!

Plenty of Scousers in Belfast for the Twelfth and a Liverpool social club at the top of the Shankill.

Some of you Scots boys are misinformed to say the the least.

City, Chelsea or Leicester over Harold Shipman's VAR fall stars for me
LFC-keyring-Jurgen-Klopp-Harold-Shipman-1004526

The thing that strikes you when you emerge out of Lime Street station is the amount of Irish tricolours hanging from virtually every pub you can see.
F*ck them.
A lot Irish (and scousers) call Liverpool their capital in England.
Massive support in Ireland, that's where the "love in" with celtic comes from.
Some actual scousers like us, some like Celtic (especially after Hillsborough) most scousers couldnt care less.

I'm part Scouse from my mother's side of our family. I've loved LFC since I was a child.
There is no love in with Celtic.
Ceptic being Ceptic jumped at the chance to ambulance chase and offer immediately to to play LFC after Hillsborough.
LFC are grateful for that but you have to understand that to Liverpool fans, LFC is sacred. It's LFC and no one else. That's the mentality.

So I’ve not read the thread so apologies if already discussed . But does anyone else think the gaffer might not want them to win the league under Kloop ? So he can do it after winning 55 and the Europa then the champions league with us ?

Got Rangers, Liverpool, and Juventus in a treble to win their respective leagues. So been supporting Liverpool for the first time. Does feel quite strange.

Been a Liverpool fan since early 70's.

In fact one of my old school mates commented recently I was one of the first he can recall with a full LFC kit on at PE in school, just as full kits were becoming a commercial enterprise.

Will not stop following them based on false allegations of a Cellik love in.

Back