Living in Dublin

Deek

Official Ticketer
:eek:

Opportunity of a new job in Dublin. Similar to my current role with a big bump in pay, but looking at the cost of living over there not sure I'd be any better off.

Thoughts?

My mate earns €65,000 a year and could only afford a house 40 mins drive away in Balbriggan.

Edit: sorry he was 40 mins from Maynooth so maybe 30 mins from central Dublin.

I lived in Dublin for a while, you should absolutely do it. There's tons of bears there.

The salary jumps are huge compared to the UK. Cost of living is higher too mind, and there's a big social housing issue there atm so you'd be looking at a long commute if there's a family going.

If it's just you and dont mind house sharing, you'd get a good room in an apartment with fellow professionals for around 750pm

Fabulous city btw.

Cost of living is the big sticking point, jumping from £650 pm to over 2000€ pm makes me doubt its value. Wouldn't just be me and wouldn't be keen on a long commute each day.

Cost of living is the big sticking point, jumping from £650 pm to over 2000€ pm makes me doubt its value. Wouldn't just be me and wouldn't be keen on a long commute each day.

Tell them that mate, you'd be surprised at how far some of the multi nationals in Dublin will go to get valuable staff in.

I got put up in the Beacon Hotel in Sandyford for 6 months when i arrived.

You can PM me if you want to talk about anything in depth. :)

Living in dunshaughlin just twenty mins from dublin city centre. Been over here almost 11 years now and no intention of moving back. No problems with being a bear either most of the irish support english sides and couldn't give 2 monkeys about the old firm. I'd say do it. so long as it's decent pay you will be fine with cost of Living.

As with cupidstunt above any question feel free to pm me.

The cost of living is far higher as a wee example a visit to your gp will set you back €50 a time.the cost of housing is ridicules,whether that's buying or renting.most things are more expensive apart from fuel.car insurance is a complete rip off compared to the UK.

My girlfriend's dad lives up by the airport and I've been over a few times this year. Public transport out that way appears to be reasonable and so being a bit further out not necessarily a problem.

Dublin is a funny place - very expensive & touristy in places but a working city in others.

It is a very British style city in term so of architecture; the rest of Ireland despises Dublin - partly in the same, way as most capital cities are mocked by the rest of the country... partly because they are historically seen a a bunch of Brits :D

As always, for the bump in salary, the experience and the demonstration that you have moved around and experienced different places then you should seriously consider the move.

Living in dunshaughlin just twenty mins from dublin city centre. Been over here almost 11 years now and no intention of moving back. No problems with being a bear either most of the irish support english sides and couldn't give 2 monkeys about the old firm. I'd say do it. so long as it's decent pay you will be fine with cost of Living.
You do realise this will double Forfar representation in the Dublin loyal

Just do it bud.

If cost of living is higher along with the wages it's still much easier to save than when lower cost of living lower wage when you cut back.

Plus the experience will be worth it it.

And Dublin is a class place. Give it go for a couple year if you don't like it come home.

Worked in Dublin for 13 years and lived in an apartment in the City Centre.

Brilliant time in what is a fantastic city.

Back