Livingston launch supporters’ share issue to help tide them over during the coronavirus crisis

Would you support this if Rangers done the same

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Syme

LIVINGSTON have launched a share issue to help tide them over through the coronavirus crisis.

The Lions have been inundated with offers of help so rather than accept cash donations, have decided to allow supporters, sponsors and advertisers the chance to buy a stake in the club.

Fans can buy into the scheme for as little as £20 a month, with their final total at the end of May being converted into equity.

Livi, whose striker Lyndon Dykes has held talks with both Scotland boss Steve Clarke and his Aussie equivalent Graham Arnold over his future, said: “The club would like to put on record it’s thanks to a number of our fans, sponsors and advertisers, who have been in touch over the recent days and weeks to pledge their support and enquire as to how they can help to financially aid the club at this uncertain time.

“This has been hugely appreciated!

“Given these offers, coupled with the obvious issue of no gate money coming into the club, we have been working hard behind the scenes to put in place a way of giving the fans and sponsors, who are in the position to do so, an opportunity to contribute financially to the club whilst receiving something meaningful in return.

To that end we have created an opportunity for fans and sponsors to establish a standing order to the club for an amount decided by them (starting from £20 per month) which will help the club through the coming uncertain months.

“All donations made by the end of May 2021 will be accumulated and allocated to the individual as shares in the football club to the same value of payments made in that time.

“The share certificates will be issued in June 2021 and will acknowledge the support the bearer has given to the club at this difficult time.

The shares can also be redeemed by the bearer (based on a minimum standing order payment of £20 every month from April 2020 to May 2021) against hospitality in our Ferranti Suite for a Category A game in the 2021/22 season. This can also be redeemed for Sponsors Tables or Match Ball Sponsorship where appropriate.

“We feel that these options mean that fans who are able to offer us support at this time, will also have the chance to be recognised and rewarded when we come through this difficult period.

“All monies generated from this will go straight towards the operating costs of the club and will support the day to day running over the coming months.

“We fully appreciate that many of our fans will have their own finances to consider and evaluate over the coming days and weeks, so this may not be something for you at this stage.

“However, we wanted to open that door for those who have been in touch offering to help whilst making sure that the gesture was reciprocated at a future date.”

The major problem with things like this for these, and I will not apologise for using the term, diddy clubs is that they don't have enough fans, that goes for every club outside of us and them.

So when you suddenly take away us and them selling out there stadium for them, of course, it is going to bite and it is going to bite quickly because the whole business model of these clubs is based on us and them filling up the coffers.

Livingston has a paltry support, you will be lucky to get 250 people buying into this.

Clubs will go to the wall I reckon, and although not nice I won't shed any tears for many of them.

But to answer your question.....I would pony up, although I would probably encourage the club to start ST Renewal if they can and get the money rolling in from that.

God loves a trier, but I just can’t see there can be enough fans of livi willing to put in any cash to make this a goer

Could do with the club letting us know what their plans are for the next few months.

The best thing we could do is buy season tickets anyway to keep the money coming in

I heard someone saying that the club doesn’t see money from any season tickets that have been paid for with finance until the games have been played. Anyone know if there’s truth in this?

The major problem with things like this for these, and I will not apologise for using the term, diddy clubs is that they don't have enough fans, that goes for every club outside of us and them.

So when you suddenly take away us and them selling out there stadium for them, of course, it is going to bite and it is going to bite quickly because the whole business model of these clubs is based on us and them filling up the coffers.

Livingston has a paltry support, you will be lucky to get 250 people buying into this.

Clubs will go to the wall I reckon, and although not nice I won't shed any tears for many of them.

But to answer your question.....I would pony up, although I would probably encourage the club to start ST Renewal if they can and get the money rolling in from that.
[/QUOTE
I agree, it's well known that 60% of money generated in scottish football on a weekly basis comes from the old firm. Spread the remaining 40% among the other 40 clubs and it will never look like a decent business platform considering the weekly outlay of smaller clubs.

I haven't a clue just now how I'm paying the rent in 6 days, prop up wealthy footballers? I think I'll pass for now. And folk going on about Season ticket money getting in early? if ourcseason starts on schedule I'd be amazed.

There is going to be tough times ahead for everyone, might get hammered for this but Rangers are down my list.

I haven't a clue just now how I'm paying the rent in 6 days, prop up wealthy footballers? I think I'll pass for now. And folk going on about Season ticket money getting in early? if ourcseason starts on schedule I'd be amazed.

There is going to be tough times ahead for everyone, might get hammered for this but Rangers are down my list.

Personal circumstance first, of course.

However, I doubt Livi footballers are deemed well paid in a footballing context.

I think most will be on around £1k a week. Still, great money annually against Joe Public, but not the mega rich.

Anyway, back to the OT, nice idea, but as above, who in Livi really backs this? Less than 500. It’s not going to do much.

LIVINGSTON have launched a share issue to help tide them over through the coronavirus crisis.

The Lions have been inundated with offers of help so rather than accept cash donations, have decided to allow supporters, sponsors and advertisers the chance to buy a stake in the club.

Fans can buy into the scheme for as little as £20 a month, with their final total at the end of May being converted into equity.

Livi, whose striker Lyndon Dykes has held talks with both Scotland boss Steve Clarke and his Aussie equivalent Graham Arnold over his future, said: “The club would like to put on record it’s thanks to a number of our fans, sponsors and advertisers, who have been in touch over the recent days and weeks to pledge their support and enquire as to how they can help to financially aid the club at this uncertain time.

“This has been hugely appreciated!

“Given these offers, coupled with the obvious issue of no gate money coming into the club, we have been working hard behind the scenes to put in place a way of giving the fans and sponsors, who are in the position to do so, an opportunity to contribute financially to the club whilst receiving something meaningful in return.

To that end we have created an opportunity for fans and sponsors to establish a standing order to the club for an amount decided by them (starting from £20 per month) which will help the club through the coming uncertain months.

“All donations made by the end of May 2021 will be accumulated and allocated to the individual as shares in the football club to the same value of payments made in that time.

“The share certificates will be issued in June 2021 and will acknowledge the support the bearer has given to the club at this difficult time.

The shares can also be redeemed by the bearer (based on a minimum standing order payment of £20 every month from April 2020 to May 2021) against hospitality in our Ferranti Suite for a Category A game in the 2021/22 season. This can also be redeemed for Sponsors Tables or Match Ball Sponsorship where appropriate.

“We feel that these options mean that fans who are able to offer us support at this time, will also have the chance to be recognised and rewarded when we come through this difficult period.

“All monies generated from this will go straight towards the operating costs of the club and will support the day to day running over the coming months.

“We fully appreciate that many of our fans will have their own finances to consider and evaluate over the coming days and weeks, so this may not be something for you at this stage.

“However, we wanted to open that door for those who have been in touch offering to help whilst making sure that the gesture was reciprocated at a future date.”
See anybody that’s says no in this poll,they need there baws/ fanny booted.
I know people will lose jobs after this,that’s fine,but if you can afford to you should.

Personal circumstance first, of course.

However, I doubt Livi footballers are deemed well paid in a footballing context.

I think most will be on around £1k a week. Still, great money annually against Joe Public, but not the mega rich.

Anyway, back to the OT, nice idea, but as above, who in Livi really backs this? Less than 500. It’s not going to do much.
Was talking about us mate not Livi.

See anybody that’s says no in this poll,they need there baws/ fanny booted.
I know people will lose jobs after this,that’s fine,but if you can afford to you should.
Aye alright Mrs Rokerfella, what do you work at? Has your sector been shut down?

Aye alright Mrs Rokerfella, what do you work at? Has your sector been shut down?
I’m a simple working class person,that’s going to get affected by this (wether I like it or not),what I’m saying,if You can give...give ,if you can’t then don’t,no one will think any differently to it(well I hope not).
Is that simple mate?

Last edited:
I’m a simple working class person,that’s going to get affected by this (wether I like it or not),what I’m saying,if You can give...give ,if you can’t then don’t,no one will think any differently to it(well I hope not).
Is that simple mate?
'See anybody that’s says no in this poll,they need there baws/ fanny booted.'

From your own mouth.

Well you shouldn't get hammered.
As important as Rangers are to us all, self is the priority at the moment and looking after number 1 first.

'See anybody that’s says no in this poll,they need there baws/ fanny booted.'

From your own mouth.
How would you feel if cast back at you that Rangers are way down your list?
Either today or 6 months or a year down the line?
The guy made it clear his thoughts.
Anyone who can afford it should.

Back