Livingston Press Conference

Quite spiky from Gerrard there “ Am I allowed to criticise my players ??” , can tell he is getting agitated .

Interesting shit sandwich for the fans as well , very cleverly put - “Our fans don’t pick and choose , they are there , Russia , Austria Dubai ..... of course like every fan base there are days where they don’t like us , don’t get behind us as we would like, but it’s up to us to get them where we want to be “ .

He is refreshingly honest and I don’t think any bear dislikes the gaffer , we just need him to perhaps be that bit more ruthless and think more about how to kill teams domestically . If that means closing a game out by bringing on Edmunsen for a striker or whatever , do it , bore us to death but get the win .

Ryan Jack looked chalk white I reckon he was watching his words carefully

Pretty standard tbh. Most journalists know any questions about formations and starting XI’s won’t be getting answered.

If he is planning changes, why let the whole world know.

Se that show a reaction talk it does my box in, its utter waffle. If Gerrard wants to protect his players he needs to speak out on the why and how his players are refereed in a different manner.

Striker crisis - Morelos suspended and Defoe injury because not use to playing 4 games in a row.

So adds Kamberi to the squad.

Not a single mention of Greg Stewart who for me would be deemed as a striker. A player who has never let us down, yet has not been given a fair chance to establish himself.

morelos suspended??

Quite spiky from Gerrard there “ Am I allowed to criticise my players ??” , can tell he is getting agitated .

Interesting shit sandwich for the fans as well , very cleverly put - “Our fans don’t pick and choose , they are there , Russia , Austria Dubai ..... of course like every fan base there are days where they don’t like us , don’t get behind us as we would like, but it’s up to us to get them where we want to be “ .

He is refreshingly honest and I don’t think any bear dislikes the gaffer , we just need him to perhaps be that bit more ruthless and think more about how to kill teams domestically . If that means closing a game out by bringing on Edmunsen for a striker or whatever , do it , bore us to death but get the win .

Lets face it we’re all livid we’ve fallen out of the title race. When we sit back and look at the progression under Gerrard that isn’t undone by 2 defeats and a draw. Frustrating yes.

This....
I thought Jack looked ill , am I reading too much into this and I know it is probably difficult for him sitting there doing the press conference, however he didn’t fill me with confidence when speaking not much emotion ,monotone, if it was me after that shit show the other night I would be bursting to get back on the pitch, and get right in about Livi and drag the rest with me.

He has failings and he needs to act quicker to change things. I like his answers but proof will be come tomorrow to see what happens on the pitch.

This....
I thought Jack looked ill , am I reading too much into this and I know it is probably difficult for him sitting there doing the press conference, however he didn’t fill me with confidence when speaking not much emotion ,monotone, if it was me after that shit show the other night I would be bursting to get back on the pitch, and get right in about Livi and drag the rest with me.

It must be a major pain in the arse to have to sit through a presser after recent results tbh

Striker crisis - Morelos suspended and Defoe injury because not use to playing 4 games in a row.

Not a single mention of Greg Stewart who for me would be deemed as a striker. A player who has never let us down, yet has not been given a fair chance to establish himself.

He isn't a striker though.

If he had went defensive when winning the game and we dropped points people would have complaint about that.

It’s all very well saying that after the result but killie could have went on to win the game even going more defensively.

I thought somebody might have asked him about the referees decisions.
Yeah same that would be an obvious starting point. He did mention that we had a perfectly good goal chopped off so he's clearly aware of poor standard but my thinking is the board must be telling him to keep his powder dry on that front.

Se that show a reaction talk it does my box in, its utter waffle. If Gerrard wants to protect his players he needs to speak out on the why and how his players are refereed in a different manner.
It annoys me as much as anyone - but at the moment, he can't really.
I was hoping for something last Friday - but, with the adjourned case - until god knows when - they can't say anything.

If he had went defensive when winning the game and we dropped points people would have complaint about that.

It’s all very well saying that after the result but killie could have went on to win the game even going more defensively.

So we just don’t change anything when it’s clear a game isn’t going as planned ? We don’t adapt to circumstances or do what’s needed to see a game out ?

That’s part of the game and we sadly lack the flexibility to do it .

My biggest worry and I sincerely hope it doesn’t happen is that the players think the league is lost. We then lose silly points only to find, when its too late the mob from the East end up doing the same.

The results prior to the break both in Scotland and Europe show we have a good team. The team just have to start believing in themselves again.

Disappointed there wasn't one single journalist willing to ask him the glaringly obvious question of why he didn't change anything in the 2nd half.

Because the journalists probably watched the game and saw that Aribo, on Gerrard's instruction, went deeper into a flat 3 in midfield with about 20 mins left.

The bit that stuck out for me was when he acknowledges that since the break he's felt the opposition have set up even more defensively yet we haven't changed our approach.

This feels like something of a litmus test for me now. Livingston will set up just the same, he acknowledges as much, but will he change our approach to combat it?

If we're out there tomorrow with more or less the same formation chances are we're going to struggle again and if we do I think it's fair to start questioning Gerrard's own performance.

He talks a good game, he's an inspirational leader, I think the players love him, but at the end of the day the buck stops with him and he needs to find different ways to win.

If he can't do that, whether he's unwilling or unable, it's probably not going to end well for him.

Not having a personal go at Stewart he does his best when he comes on but he has an average of 4 goals per season over the last 4 years.

At Dundee he had a decent strike rate but other than that 2 year period he’s done very little in his career so far.

We really needed better signings than him last summer if we were serious about winning anything.

Gutless and pointless, not really addressing the elephant in the room, entirely ignoring at least five game changing refereeing decisions which would have seen us win comfortably. How can we expect our players to keep giving of their best when it gets completely undone by pivotal and horrendously unprofessional refereeing decisions.

We were winning and controlling the game, their player infringed the rules by virtue of a blatant dive whilst clutching his face in a manner which suggested he was trying to earn a penalty and potentially get a fellow professional punished. That alone should have seen Killie down to ten me and us in cruise control.

Yes teams have sussed SG’s tactics out and tend to just play a mass defence but we are getting refereed out of games whilst teams we are dominating are being played right back into them due to the corruption of referees in our league. That one decision let alone the other three game changing decisions was entirely pivotal to the outcome of the game.

The more our manager sits there blaming the players the more frustrated and disillusioned we get, imagine how the players feel. We are gutless as a club and as long as this prevails we will win the sum total of f*ck all!

Gutless and pointless, not really addressing the elephant in the room, entirely ignoring at least five game changing refereeing decisions which would have seen us win comfortably. How can we expect our players to keep giving of their best when it gets completely undone by pivotal and horrendously unprofessional refereeing decisions.

We were winning and controlling the game, their player infringed the rules by virtue of a blatant dive whilst clutching his face in a manner which suggested he was trying to earn a penalty and potentially get a fellow professional punished. That alone should have seen Killie down to ten me and us in cruise control.

Yes teams have sussed SG’s tactics out and tend to just play a mass defence but we are getting refereed out of games whilst teams we are dominating are being played right back into them due to the corruption of referees in our league. That one decision let alone the other three game changing decisions was entirely pivotal to the outcome of the game.

The more our manager sits there blaming the players the more frustrated and disillusioned we get, imagine how the players feel. We are gutless as a club and as long as this prevails we will win the sum total of f*ck all!
warburton springs to mind

He has to watch what he says about referees or he could be fined or suspended. He's already says we need VAR and I agree, it's the only way forward our refs are incompetent

My biggest worry and I sincerely hope it doesn’t happen is that the players think the league is lost. We then lose silly points only to find, when its too late the mob from the East end up doing the same.

The results prior to the break both in Scotland and Europe show we have a good team. The team just have to start believing in themselves again.
[/QUOTE

Back