Livingston Press Conference

Our players and opposition players know that referees are at it and until this is addressed we'll always be hamstrung. If this had happened to the Tim's, Lennon would have been screaming his head off and a host of ex Tim's would be all over the media demanding change.

Being nice gets you nowhere.

Reactions: dmg
it looks like Gerrard is raging and hurting at the same time he feels he's been let down badly by the players
Is his public criticism hurting the players oir helping them. I don't get the name and shame unless he counts himself in that equation. He has made many glaring mistakes himself. Keep it in house

Reactions: dmg
It's ok Ono and Barker can come in.

Why also did we get the guy from Leicester?

The amount of money we have recently spent on cross we could have bought a couple of world class players.

Striker crisis - Morelos suspended and Defoe injury because not use to playing 4 games in a row.

So adds Kamberi to the squad.

Not a single mention of Greg Stewart who for me would be deemed as a striker. A player who has never let us down, yet has not been given a fair chance to establish himself.
He was injured at that period.

Not having a personal go at Stewart he does his best when he comes on but he has an average of 4 goals per season over the last 4 years.

At Dundee he had a decent strike rate but other than that 2 year period he’s done very little in his career so far.

We really needed better signings than him last summer if we were serious about winning anything.
GS is not a natural striker but he is definitely a finisher,I've watched him for a number of years and he's a link up player who can see a pass,deliver a quality ball and can score from outside the box as well as inside

He has played just over 360min in the league this season (4 full games) and scored 3 and has 3 assists,that's not too shabby in anyone's book,you can't expect a man to pull us out the fire getting 10min here and there,you got guys in this team who have been given umpteen chances to do something and consistently failed and yet keep getting picked,why not give this guy a run and see what happens because this guy is a player who could certainly surprise a few people,him and hagi in behind Morelos for me

Just my opinion

This....
I thought Jack looked ill , am I reading too much into this and I know it is probably difficult for him sitting there doing the press conference, however he didn’t fill me with confidence when speaking not much emotion ,monotone, if it was me after that shit show the other night I would be bursting to get back on the pitch, and get right in about Livi and drag the rest with me.

He's from Aberdeen, that's just how they look and sound.

A pointless press conf telling us next to nothing. In all honesty, fed up hearing it.

I really don't know what everyone expects from press conferences - there aren't any pre-match press conferences by any club in Britain that tell anybody anything of significance. Gerrard actually says more than most I reckon. The body language of the manager and Ryan tells us what we need to know - their hurting all right and are determined to rectify it.

It's what happens on the pitch next that matters.

Not having a personal go at Stewart he does his best when he comes on but he has an average of 4 goals per season over the last 4 years.

At Dundee he had a decent strike rate but other than that 2 year period he’s done very little in his career so far.

We really needed better signings than him last summer if we were serious about winning anything.
30 goals in 87 matches for Dundee and Killie isn't bad when he was playing out on the right for Dundee. It's only Aberdeen where he was a complete failure in Scotland but that's as much on McInnes having no idea how to get the best out of players who dont rely on their physical talents as much as their technical ability. Considering the limited amount of minutes he has for us i would say he's done well to contribute to as many goals as he has.

I really don't know what everyone expects from press conferences - there aren't any pre-match press conferences by any club in Britain that tell anybody anything of significance. Gerrard actually says more than most I reckon. The body language of the manager and Ryan tells us what we need to know - their hurting all right and are determined to rectify it.

It's what happens on the pitch next that matters.
If you have listened to the first 5 press conferences from any manager and the first couple after a loss then you have heard them all. You'll just the same old cliche's regardless with maybe a injury update. Anyone expecting them to diagnose the issues from previous games are just wasting their time, maybe you'll occasionally get a good soundbite but they're not super common

Tota
He is the man to lead us, I have no doubt.

He is a winner, made mistakes yes, but he will win it for us.

Everyone needs to be behind the manager and the team 100% - starting tomorrow
Totally agree mate , some of the things said were ridiculous actually don't mind constructive criticisms but its fine ranting its all Gerrard's fault if he gets booted who do we get ? .
With regard to the refereeing decisions and SG not mentioning them like popcorn teeth does . The huge difference is TLB has a very compliant press who does all his complaining for him ,he just loads the bullets behind closed doors and the press lackeys do all the firing, always against our interests.
We have no friends in the press only enemies. This must hinder SG and the club but we have to put up with it as not going to change any time soon .

The gaffer mentions Alfredo scored a perfectly good goal and it was a tumbleweed moment not one journo took him on
He set it up for a comeback from any one of those fuds and silence !!

This is what we are up against the elephant in the room is the cheating refs
If we don’t address this issue we are Donald ducked

Jack has the right attitude. His comment about saying the what people want to hear basically doesn’t matter, it’s time to show. I’m hoping that a ‘nothing to lose’ gets a bit of fight back in the team.

30 goals in 87 matches for Dundee and Killie isn't bad when he was playing out on the right for Dundee. It's only Aberdeen where he was a complete failure in Scotland but that's as much on McInnes having no idea how to get the best out of players who dont rely on their physical talents as much as their technical ability. Considering the limited amount of minutes he has for us i would say he's done well to contribute to as many goals as he has.
Totally agree

After scoring and assisting in the game against Aberdeen, Stewart was out injured for over a month with a calf injury. That’s why he did not keep his place in the team.
Not that SG does not rate him.

I'm not even going to listen to it if it's the same old cliches about looking good in training this week, polite questioning and token player not looking like he gives a shit....etc ...etc ....

These sanitised press conferences are a waste of time, Gerrard should be screaming from the hills about the terrible standard of refereeing we have to face week after week, the so called journalists should be asking deep and meaningful questions about the tactics and systems we are using and the refereeing and Jack should be raging and spitting blood saying that we are Rangers and we are going to trample and run over the opposition tomorrow to ensure that we win.

He is the man to lead us, I have no doubt.

He is a winner, made mistakes yes, but he will win it for us.

Everyone needs to be behind the manager and the team 100% - starting tomorrow

Proof is in the pudding. Right now it's all talk. We've won the square root of %^*& all and yet again we see a collapse in the league.

The same issues and concerns as last season continue to raise their ugly head.

If we start with the same set up then his words on teams becoming ultra defensive are pointless and he's clearly not learned a thing nor is he willing to change.

It's ok Ono and Barker can come in.

Why also did we get the guy from Leicester?

The amount of money we have recently spent on cross we could have bought a couple of world class players.

Why bother posting this absolute tripe. How much would a world class player cost and which one would come to Scotland?

Did He say we controlled first half.
until our goal I don’t recall any efforts on target.
passing sideways and back ways won’t win us any medals.

Pretty standard tbh. Most journalists know any questions about formations and starting XI’s won’t be getting answered.

If he is planning changes, why let the whole world know.
I suspect he is already planning changes to the team for next season. It will include some players who think they are fixtures in the team but have let him down since the break.

Gutless and pointless, not really addressing the elephant in the room, entirely ignoring at least five game changing refereeing decisions which would have seen us win comfortably. How can we expect our players to keep giving of their best when it gets completely undone by pivotal and horrendously unprofessional refereeing decisions.

We were winning and controlling the game, their player infringed the rules by virtue of a blatant dive whilst clutching his face in a manner which suggested he was trying to earn a penalty and potentially get a fellow professional punished. That alone should have seen Killie down to ten me and us in cruise control.

Yes teams have sussed SG’s tactics out and tend to just play a mass defence but we are getting refereed out of games whilst teams we are dominating are being played right back into them due to the corruption of referees in our league. That one decision let alone the other three game changing decisions was entirely pivotal to the outcome of the game.

The more our manager sits there blaming the players the more frustrated and disillusioned we get, imagine how the players feel. We are gutless as a club and as long as this prevails we will win the sum total of f*ck all!
But the bigger issue is players not turning up the way they should,as he said to one of the hacks would you rather he didn't have a go at players,so he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Once players cross the white line they're responsible,you can be sure the gaffer isn't sending them out to play like that. Had we turned up the way we did against Celtic the referees wouldn't be an issue,granted there have been glaring examples of poor refereeing decisions to say the least,but we really need to get our game back that got us into a position to strike. How we could fall so flat when we had it before us, that's the main issues.

Last edited:
Back