Livingston v Aberdeen Postponed

WAAP

Commentator is worried about lack of dates to rearrange this match.
Even I know that they can play on Scottish Cup weekend. The Scottish Cup weekend that has all games postponed.
I would like our midweek game v Hibs to be played then but Sky are televising the Wednesday game.
Surely three games in a week will be played if necessary. It has happened before.

sregnar

sorry to be pedantic but there is no such thing as an all weather pitch, it is an artificial pitch.

it is Scotland so why are people surprised.

It is a bit like non stick pans, they aren’t really.
There’s no reason for a decent surface to be waterlogged. Never seen the goals 5aside pitches ever getting waterlogged

Blair bear

Terrible pitches, should be used for training only. My local junior team is looking to change a good park to an all weather. It will allow them and other teams to train which is good but I’ve rarely seen a decent game on one. Livingston should have a machine to suck up the water, joke of a team.

sammy1872

Even I know that they can play on Scottish Cup weekend. The Scottish Cup weekend that has all games postponed.
I would like our midweek game v Hibs to be played then but Sky are televising the Wednesday game.
Surely three games in a week will be played if necessary. It has happened before.
How are teams worried about fixture congestion. It’s 2/3 games max. They have all the Scottish cup and European midweeks

audiorealis

Liege ended up a lot worse than that.

I know starting off a game like that is a different scenario altogether, but you'd like to think the groundstaff would be on top of things and make sure the pitch was playable. Also not ideal to call it off right before kick off, but I assume that as there are no fans travelling to games, they're willing to take things down to the wire.

devilman

So, we've got all weather plastic pitches being frozen and now water logged.

Think they've just argued themselves out of them having any real use in top level football. Time to tell the teams, get grass or you're out.

Pentasa

Livi have an an Artificial pitch to save money as I believe its the Chairman's son who takes care of it now as they sacked the groundsman once they changed to the new Pitch

Another masterstroke from Martindale getting the game called off tonight so the players are fresh for Saturday

rangeral

Easy to say we move outstanding games into that date but that doesn't help after that

While Hibs away won't move that doesn't help us either

Move a fixture card from March might be better to 30th January

Scottish Cup while suspended still needs dates once 1st February passes if they allow it resume

Livingston v Aberdeen 1st available date is 23rd/24th February

rangeral

How are teams worried about fixture congestion. It’s 2/3 games max. They have all the Scottish cup and European midweeks
Which already have some games on the European midweeks

Scottish Cup may resume after 1st February

Livingston v Aberdeen 1st available date is 23rd/24th February

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer

This is what I've been wondering...surely we're not going to have Premiership teams sitting scratching their arses on a weekend cause the cup is off?

With the way things are at the moment, surely we can and should be playing a Premiership game instead that weekend.

LaidbackLaudrup

Oh there was - they paid £20 to Livi to watch the warm up B-)

fmp

I was slaughtered recently for laughing at the "all weather" artificial pitch. I was told by a "qualified" SFA ref that no-one claims they are all weather, they are installed purely for financial reasons.

A bit of google-fu seems to support his statement.