Livingston v Aberdeen Postponed

90 mins in this weather against Aberdeen on their all-weather pitch (unless it's too cold or too wet) would have definitely took a lot out of them before the 2 bheast games.

They also now go into them still on their good run.

B-D B-D B-D

Waterlogged pitch. On an all weather pitch

Keeps them fresh for the scum though
It's a all weather pitch so long as it's not too wet or too cold outside
Twice now. Livi should be fined for that, all weather pitch and twice it’s off. So fucking tinpot it’s unreal
Amateur hour.

Amber warning for rain issued earlier in the day and nobody came out to look at the pitch until kick-off time.

So far the games on "all-weather" pitches have been frozen off, snowed off and waterlogged :rolleyes:
Total joke. I thought an all weather pitch was all weather.
More cancellations in top division on “ all weather “ plastic than grass I think . Farce ban them

sorry to be pedantic but there is no such thing as an all weather pitch, it is an artificial pitch.

it is Scotland so why are people surprised.

It is a bit like non stick pans, they aren’t really.

Surely Sheep complain to SPL thats two games postponed when Sheep have been in stadium preparing for the games

An alleged all weather pitch my arse

The fact that Livi dont own the stadium and rely on the council makes the fact Livi are allowed to play in the SPL an utter farce

Time for the SPL are insist on grass pitches or no entry to top tier in Scotland

Commentator is worried about lack of dates to rearrange this match.
Even I know that they can play on Scottish Cup weekend. The Scottish Cup weekend that has all games postponed.
I would like our midweek game v Hibs to be played then but Sky are televising the Wednesday game.
Surely three games in a week will be played if necessary. It has happened before.

sorry to be pedantic but there is no such thing as an all weather pitch, it is an artificial pitch.

it is Scotland so why are people surprised.

It is a bit like non stick pans, they aren’t really.
There’s no reason for a decent surface to be waterlogged. Never seen the goals 5aside pitches ever getting waterlogged

Terrible pitches, should be used for training only. My local junior team is looking to change a good park to an all weather. It will allow them and other teams to train which is good but I’ve rarely seen a decent game on one. Livingston should have a machine to suck up the water, joke of a team.

Even I know that they can play on Scottish Cup weekend. The Scottish Cup weekend that has all games postponed.
I would like our midweek game v Hibs to be played then but Sky are televising the Wednesday game.
Surely three games in a week will be played if necessary. It has happened before.
How are teams worried about fixture congestion. It’s 2/3 games max. They have all the Scottish cup and European midweeks

Liege ended up a lot worse than that.

I know starting off a game like that is a different scenario altogether, but you'd like to think the groundstaff would be on top of things and make sure the pitch was playable. Also not ideal to call it off right before kick off, but I assume that as there are no fans travelling to games, they're willing to take things down to the wire.

So, we've got all weather plastic pitches being frozen and now water logged.

Think they've just argued themselves out of them having any real use in top level football. Time to tell the teams, get grass or you're out.

Livi have an an Artificial pitch to save money as I believe its the Chairman's son who takes care of it now as they sacked the groundsman once they changed to the new Pitch

Another masterstroke from Martindale getting the game called off tonight so the players are fresh for Saturday

Easy to say we move outstanding games into that date but that doesn't help after that

While Hibs away won't move that doesn't help us either

Move a fixture card from March might be better to 30th January

Scottish Cup while suspended still needs dates once 1st February passes if they allow it resume

Livingston v Aberdeen 1st available date is 23rd/24th February

Back