Livingston v Aberdeen Postponed

How are teams worried about fixture congestion. It’s 2/3 games max. They have all the Scottish cup and European midweeks
Which already have some games on the European midweeks

Scottish Cup may resume after 1st February

Livingston v Aberdeen 1st available date is 23rd/24th February

Is it just me that thought these pitches were ready to play on no matter how heavy the rain is ?

Pathetic

Commentator is worried about lack of dates to rearrange this match.
Even I know that they can play on Scottish Cup weekend. The Scottish Cup weekend that has all games postponed.
I would like our midweek game v Hibs to be played then but Sky are televising the Wednesday game.
Surely three games in a week will be played if necessary. It has happened before.

This is what I've been wondering...surely we're not going to have Premiership teams sitting scratching their arses on a weekend cause the cup is off?

With the way things are at the moment, surely we can and should be playing a Premiership game instead that weekend.

Oh there was - they paid £20 to Livi to watch the warm up B-)

59500769.jpg

I was slaughtered recently for laughing at the "all weather" artificial pitch. I was told by a "qualified" SFA ref that no-one claims they are all weather, they are installed purely for financial reasons.

A bit of google-fu seems to support his statement.

Problem is unlike a grass pitch there is no drainage. I'm sure Livi and Killie have a solid tarred base under the synthetic surface.
Is their's diffrent to Falkirks. Heard their was more exspencive . Colour undernearh. Have they had any games PP

It’s a misconception btw that these parks are “all weather”. However; with the right preparation they should be available most of the time and tonight’s conditions hardly seem drastic enough to forgive this.

Embarrassing.

This is what I've been wondering...surely we're not going to have Premiership teams sitting scratching their arses on a weekend cause the cup is off?

With the way things are at the moment, surely we can and should be playing a Premiership game instead that weekend.
Rangeral has nailed it.
My main point was that the Sky commentator was talking about the lack of dates for rearranged fixtures.
They are amateurs and like a number of posts / comments on here, how do they get and hold down their job? Their lack of knowledge has me baffult.

Rip it up and start again.

I hear grass is a good option for a quality football pitch.

I just know I'm going to have a piece of that pitch in my fish supper in about 10 years time. David Attenborough start a campaign

Having a chuckle here as I had no idea of his past until last week and now when you see him interviewed it all falls into place. :)
It's still giving me a giggle now.

Fair play to the guy he is doing well at Livingston and came across well in that interview, despite the nasal neddy accent.

Shouldn't we be starting rumour that the pitch was fine but the SFPL wanted the game postponed to keep Livi fresh for their visit to the Chamber of Secrets on Saturday?

Aberdeen were completely complicit because a Livi win on Saturday helps their quest for second place.... B-D

No rumour, this has been signed off from the very top.

Back