Livingston v Hamilton

Fondablondes

Five games into a new season and newly promoted Livingston find themselves in 3rd position in Scotland's top tier. That's a pretty decent start yet only 1,342 fans attended the match yesterday. That attendance is lower than every match played in the Scottish Championship yesterday and lower than 8 out of 12 English National League matches.
I'm aware it's not a glamourous fixture, but you'd think that this early in the season SPL matches could attract at least 3 times this sad number.
I know I shouldn't care, and to be honest I don't really, but it is quite embarrassing for Scottish football.

Its because a team of livingstons stature shouldnt be there but they have exceeded expectation getting promoted while other teams like Falkirk and Scumdee Utd fade into oblivion

It's utterly, utterly pathetic. When is the last time Livingston sat joint second in the top flight with five matches played? It's probably their loftiest position of all time ffs, and they've got attendance figures like that. Almost every game in the non league conference in England had a far higher attendance than that lot did. Their goal won goal of the day on the SSN poll and they showed a clip of it, embarrassing wasn't the word. And there'll be at least the equivalent of a full stand in empty seats when we play the bastards, yet they give us a pishy allocation

It's poor imo, then again as @KGR98 has pointed out they have exceeded expectation.

You also need to recognise 100% of their fan base come from livingston/west Lothian, which in the grand scheme of things won't amount to much.

11cf6s7.jpg

It's poor imo, then again as @KGR98 has pointed out they have exceeded expectation.

You also need to recognise 100% of their fan base come from livingston/west Lothian, which in the grand scheme of things won't amount to much.

I understand the fan base thing, but you'd think between them Livingston and Hamilton could muster a bit more than 1.3% of their combined population.

This is what happens when u suddenly drop a team into Livingston 2o year ago . No one gives a fuvk or has an emotional attachment to them .

The people of Livingston couldn't give a feck for Livingston FC.

If ever there was a football club based in the wrong location, it is Livingston.

Correct. Also how many supporters buses leave those areas every week to come to us or the filth?

It IS a poor turnout but like you say there won’t Be that many more people interested.

There won’t be that many more football fans in the area I suspect

I opened the thread expecting it to be about that shocker of a tackle they keep showing on ssn tbh, should've been red. Agree it's pathetic numbers though, but as someone else said. Few people have an emotional attachment to them and plenty supporters busses for us and them leave from livy. Can't really expect more than what they get tbf.

I looked into getting tickets for our game the other day and their website was like an unwelcome step back into the 90s. Can only buy tickets via phone, the only payment method accepted was Debit card and you needed to pick them up from the Stadium.

Hopeless.

£24 is ridiculous for such a shite game.

I'm no business guru but surely it makes sense to charge a tenner a head and fill the stadium rather than overcharge and have it empty.

something like 1700 turned up why was it all ticket ? dear old Scottish football at its best.

Seems to common that for some games you are given a ticket when even turning up on matchday hence why they state as all ticket

of course in reality it never going to sell out but that is way some of these clubs operate

£24 is ridiculous for such a shite game.

I'm no business guru but surely it makes sense to charge a tenner a head and fill the stadium rather than overcharge and have it empty.

Still wouldnt half fill it.
The Accies support seems to be disapearing rapidly as well, i watched the highlights of there first game v Hearts expecing to see the main stand pretty full, it was quarter full big gaps everywhere, utterly shocking for your first game of the season. Looked about 400 or so Accies fans. The Hearts end was full .

Back