• Sakala

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Patterson

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Defoe

Votes: 11 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gio is already making better use of the resources at his disposal. Even Defoe got a cameo today. We still need to work on the back but defending from front was more in evidence today. Livi were barely in it in the second half.

The first 25 minutes were excellent, then we crept into old habits of slowing down the tempo and playing negative passes.

Overall, it was an excellent 3 points. I still can't get over the nonsense before the second half. The time they took to remove a few snowballs was shocking.

The linesman had a disaster today. I was at his side in the second half and he missed about four clear Livi offsides.

Just woke up, and saw the highlights.
Looked great in attack. Still Goldson not doing it for me.
One that caused Greegsy do another 'worldie'.

When Hagi crossed that ball in the second half, that went over the bar...did he do an 'Erik Lamela' and cross it with a step over?
(maybe not described it correctly)

A win is always good there, and to give a bit of credit to the team, Livingston never had a shot at goal in the second half.

But we need to massively improve our passing or we will struggle in the tough fixtures ahead.

Some of our basic 5 and 10 yard passes today were so bad it was hard to believe.

I'd like to see Sakala and Kent play at the same time on each wing.
I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. That surface is honking. They had no confidence to receive the ball and turn. Decent performance at a potential banana skin. Goldson got caught under that ball. Should have headered it And we didn’t win the second ball. It happens. Delighted with the three points.

Kamara seemed to always pass the ball backwards when there were great opportunities to go forward..
He's a very good footballer, but he can be a bit negative sometimes.

Numerous times there is a forward pass on, but he elects to go back or sideways, and we lose momentum.

It's a side of his game that frustrates me on occasion, hopefully Gio can iron it out.

Another dominating performance with a few minor lapses.
Probably as quiet as I've seen our away support in a long time.

That last sentence? Sometimes guilty as charged. Just sometimes.

We were comfortable second half, however we needed that third goal to put the heebie jeebies to bed.

Was certainly a relief to see Sakala's brilliant header fly in, but in reality, we were in complete control 2nd half. The heebie jeebies are there due to our calamitous defending this season, but you can already see GvB is addressing that. Bassey's looking good at CH, Goldson more solid, his current erratic distribution aside. He can still ping a great pass.
Will take a few more solid wins for the heebies to recede!

Was certainly a relief to see Sakala's brilliant header fly in, but in reality, we were in complete control 2nd half. The heebie jeebies are there due to our calamitous defending this season, but you can already see GvB is addressing that. Bassey's looking good at CH, Goldson more solid, his current erratic distribution aside. He can still ping a great pass.
Will take a few more solid wins for the heebies to recede!
And don't forget my mental health.

Tis' a fragile thing.

But yes, now the dust has settled we can all relax. For the moment!

Kamara seemed to always pass the ball backwards when there were great opportunities to go forward..
Alan rolled the ball out to him and told him to turn , which he did.
Gave the ball to a marked Kent, and it went back again.
Kamara will be a favourite as he retains possession regardless.

Anywhere I can watch us? Turns out it's 5pm not AM as I assumed when I just looked at my alarm clock. %^*& sake Hepy
How the %^*& can I lose a day? Bloody shift work.

Last edited:
Was there a fight in the east stand just after Arfield goal? Just noticed it on the sky re run of the game

Our midfield are mainly attacking players but Patterson in there helps to stop runners at our defense. Goldson is no longer the player he was and hopefully Gio can bring somebody in who can control our defense and get the backs to stop crosses coming in.
Sakala sure can jump and will be useful at corners and free kicks.
Hibs will be more difficult but maybe Jack will be back in which will help.

I hope Mr Makaay doesn’t spend too much time with Alfredo on his shooting / heading. He needs to focus on his passing. It’s awful.
His poor passing just shows how lazy he's become. He's not the only one. Kamara passed a ball to Aribo who was clattered because he failed to anticipate the pass in the first place but Alfie's passing is beyond terrible at the moment, and why is he still coming back so deep?

I enjoyed Bassey’s performance today so he gets my MOTM vote, feel like Gio will enjoy working with a mouldable young talent like Calvin. His physique and a natural lefty could have him as a rough diamond at CB

There was a period around 65 minutes where he was instantly passing it back to the person who gave him the ball and pointing where he wanted the ball playing, which was anywhere but to his feet. I like him and when he's on it he's great but when his passing is off he's so frustrating.

I dont think we can understate the effects of
A. Euro game on Thursday and
B. That f**king surface

So all in all a brilliant result, and a decent performance.

We seemed to have acres of space, whereas we used to get hemmed in at these type of away grounds.
It was a much more attractive game to watch.
I assume that's because were playing with effectively two wingers now?

thought it was interesting that GIO brought Patterson on for Hagi and not Tavernier… interesting in a good way…
I think it was defensive, shore up style rather than trying to see if they could both play in the same XI.

That said I do like Gio's use of subs so far, hes made differences at the right time in both games.

His poor passing just shows how lazy he's become. He's not the only one. Kamara passed a ball to Aribo who was clattered because he failed to anticipate the pass in the first place but Alfie's passing is beyond terrible at the moment, and why is he still coming back so deep?
The thing is he stays up he will get goals he does not have the touch or ability to play midfield as we have seen on many occasions. Just concentrate on being in the box and scoring.

GVB seems to change systems throughout the game something Gerrard never really did.
Yesterday Gerrard would have played two holding midfielders and stifled the game rather than going for it.

Gio is already making better use of the resources at his disposal. Even Defoe got a cameo today. We still need to work on the back but defending from front was more in evidence today. Livi were barely in it in the second half.
We stopped the ball going out of play with good passing I thought Defoe was never getting a runout, Good to see him being used again.

Just watched the game for the first time and was really impressed; very solid performance, particularly in the first half.

Back