Match Thread Livingston v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

As I get older I'm more tolerant when we lose.

200.gif

I watched another Warburton display. Keep the ball in your own half and go nowhere. I know SG wants us to keep the ball but we are not Liverpool who can play with a top striker up front and get goals.

Get Tav into midfield and start with Middleton and Kent along with Grezda who should have had a chance today.

Now we must beat Hearts and the next two league games or we will fall too far behind septic and hivs.

A lazy display today and I hope SG sorts it and sorts it fast.

I tell you what, the pressing game we were supposed to be treated to hasn’t really emerged, but today Livingston were like a pack of rabid dogs, all over the pitch. I’d like to see us want to take the ball off a team as much as they did today.

I tell you what, the pressing game we were supposed to be treated to hasn’t really emerged, but today Livingston were like a pack of rabid dogs, all over the pitch. I’d like to see us want to take the ball off a team as much as they did today.

I think it's something Gerrard and the newer players have to realise - every Scottish team we play will raise their game and give 100% against us, especially away from home.

We need to match that - every single week. 95% might get us through some games but there'll be others like today when that won't be enough.

I think it's something Gerrard and the newer players have to realise - every Scottish team we play will raise their game and give 100% against us, especially away from home.

We need to match that - every single week. 95% might get us through some games but there'll be others like today when that won't be enough.

I'm being a bit picky here, you're not saying that team gave 95% today, are you?

Bear in mind that I'm old.

We don't have an Ian Durrant, a Terry Butcher, Ian Ferguson and we certainly don't have an Ally McCoist

Average players and no leader

Have held of from posting in this thread in the hope of maybe finding a positive to be had in the performance this afternoon but unfortunately there are none to be had.
From back to front we where poor and dare I say it looked fatigued.
Hopefully a one off and a blip that we know we are going to have in our gaffer's first season in charge.

And not one player came anywhere near the fans at the end of the game to thank them for their efforts.

Guys from Blackpool, Plymouth, Inverness etc.

Cowards.

Not a single pass mark in that team today. It was Pedro-esque. Move the ball around without doing much then when we were in a position to cross rifle it right at Liam Kelly.

So, so frustrating. The pressure will mount now to get this away game monkey off our backs.

Pitch played absolutely no part in that today. We could’ve played it at the Bernabeu and we’d have lost. So confusing as well because there’s no way we should be losing that game.

We looked terribly flat today, appearing to lack motivation- no leaders, no one taking charge of the situation. As this season has gone so far, it was uncharacteristic on what we are capable of.

Why does SG think KL is a winger?

He's not and never will be. We have a few good wingers so why play KL there?

If he does it again I will be worried.

It also seems a waste of time playing ball players like Ejaria on that pitch.

Why does SG think KL is a winger?

He's not and never will be. We have a few good wingers so why play KL there?

If he does it again I will be worried.

It also seems a waste of time playing ball players like Ejaria on that pitch.

Agree with you on the gazelle, but even when he went off we repeatedly hit their 18-yard line on both flanks and swung crosses into their keeper's arms.
We needed to mix it up and drive into the box and draw fouls or better.
I actually thought Ejaria kept possession well in tight areas of the pitch.

Frustrating as hell to watch. Looked comfy enough with the ball but we continued to play average crosses into a very congested box when it obviously wasn't working. Felt we should have mixed it up and tried to play through them more. A pisser but I'll put it down to a blip. Roll on Vienna.

The only things I can take from that sh*tshow is that I believe Gerrard will learn from his mistakes and also surely we can't have that many players having an off day in the same game again this season.

Back