Match Thread Livingston v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Yrangers

I don't have any information but why would Worrall play before katic when katic is head and shoulders above him . Think it is common knowledge with the lads from Liverpool they have to play x amount of games
It was said we had to pay Liverpool a penalty if game time wasn’t met rather than a fee. That doesn’t mean they have to be played because normally we’d pay a fee anyway. Worral isn’t from Liverpool.

No they don't
Well why are we constantly changing the team
It was said we had to pay Liverpool a penalty if game time wasn’t met rather than a fee. That doesn’t mean they have to be played because normally we’d pay a fee anyway. Worral isn’t from Liverpool.
Did I say he was from Liverpool I was using him as a example he is garbage but he drops katic for him I wonder why. So what is the difference in the payments?.

Too much drama here.

Gerrard got it wrong to an extent but the blame lies at almost every single player. Very simply they got physically challenged and collectively shat themselves.

Agreed! Pity Lafferty wasn't playing, oh wait...….

I called it correctly.
I hope someone quotes it back to you at the end of the season.
If someone quotes it back at me and we have won 55 I'll be the happiest guy in the planet,
Reading it back OK maybe he wouldn't be away that was an over Statement but j stand by the rest. The players can't get up for the so called lesser games .

If Celtic weren't falling apart we would be so far behind it wouldn't be funny

Not talking about all of them but let's be honest Worrall is pish ejaria at times looks like he is not interested don't think you can put Middleton in that bracket

Worrall - who had a poor game - has no bearing on how good or atrocious our attacking play is.

Candeias was a passenger. As was Lafferty. Middleton did nothing when he came on. Apart from his through ball for Barisic first half Arfield was also bang average.

Gerrard’s decision to play 2 strikers backfired terribly. Given Livingston were playing 352, we should’ve had 2 wingers stretching them with the fullbacks doubling up.

If someone’s had a bad game I’ll call it as I see it, regardless of whether they’re a ‘loan’ player or not. They’re all part of the squad. 4 weeks ago everyone was losing their minds about Coulibaly. Now not so much ...

I really thought that that kind of performance was well behind us. The most worrying aspect was that none of the players looked up for the fight, and didn't look all that bothered.

I am not going to name any individuals, the whole team was honking.

Hope the muppet that injured the linesman is identified and punished. Don't want his kind anywhere near our games.

This thread will now descend into panic bedwetting and hysteria.
The truth is it was a bad day at the office on a crap surface and these things happen.
No need to rip up anything.
The manager will learn and move on.

Agreed.

Howling performance but we don’t need to sack everybody as a result. The boss will learn.

I don’t know the injury position but I suspect we could have used Jack and McCrorie in that midfield today with Candeias and Ejaria sacrificed.

I’d also have ditched Lafferty for Kent from kick off. We desperately lacked width. Made it easy for them to defend and never stretched them.

Also, breaking up the Katic Goldson partnership now looks a mistake.

The gaffer is going to have learn quickly that every diddy teams up their performance 20% v us and we need to battle like fûck to earn the right to play.

Truthfully, today Livi deserved to win. We’ll not make those mistakes again. I’m sure of it

All of that is just long winded weasel words ignoring that you're the cretin who posted:

You should be embarrassed for having hit out with that.

What an absolute dick you look.
And I corrected and that and took it back I meant he would be under pressure , the rest in stand by, again I don't abuse folk behind a keyboard so knock your self out with that, in really don't care.

Worrall - who had a poor game - has no bearing on how good or atrocious our attacking play is.

Candeias was a passenger. As was Lafferty. Middleton did nothing when he came on. Apart from his through ball for Barisic first half Arfield was also bang average.

Gerrard’s decision to play 2 strikers backfired terribly. Given Livingston were playing 352, we should’ve had 2 wingers stretching them with the fullbacks doubling up.

If someone’s had a bad game I’ll call it as I see it, regardless of whether they’re a ‘loan’ player or not. They’re all part of the squad. 4 weeks ago everyone was losing their minds about Coulibaly. Now not so much ...
Constantly changing the team is not helping as for coulibaly he wasn't the worse I would have took off ejaria before him .As for Middleton are you expecting a 18 year old to change the game in 15 mins when then majority of the team are having a stinker .

I’m putting today down to the pitch. We played out our skins at Kilmarnock which got us a result, but it also cost Murphy his cruciate.

We’re not the first team to struggle away from home at the start of the season. Get a result next weekend and I’ll be happy.

We need to sort our away form and get up for the fight. It’s early days and the league is all over the place. Home form is looking good, now sort the away form fast!

If someone quotes it back at me and we have won 55 I'll be the happiest guy in the planet,
Reading it back OK maybe he wouldn't be away that was an over Statement but j stand by the rest. The players can't get up for the so called lesser games .

If Celtic weren't falling apart we would be so far behind it wouldn't be funny
Well, at least you are beginning to see your statement properly.
Everyone on here is frustrated and deeply upset at today.
But we have to sometimes take a step back and look at events through a prism of sanity rather than one of reactionary emotion.

Well why are we constantly changing the team

Did I say he was from Liverpool I was using him as a example he is garbage but he drops katic for him I wonder why. So what is the difference in the payments?.
As Gerrard says. Squad rotation. Happens at lots of clubs.

No wonder Livingston are so high up the table. Play to the strengths of their shitty pitch. Nothing on the deck and win everything in the air.

Not an excuse, we should be beating Livington on tarmac.

Nothing on the deck???? Did you see their goal? Had of been a Rangers goal fans would be cumming in their trunks!

This is why I avoid this place like the plague after a bad result.

You're a fucking moron if you genuinely believe that shite you just typed.

I'll quite happily take the ban for telling you that if need be. Idiot.

But you didn't avoid it.....your on?

my concern would be, defensively we have improved so much from last season with a great keeper and a couple of good young centre backs and an experienced couple of full backs, ,yet we still have conceded some goals really cheaply,,lets hope it is something we can work on and get tighter as the season goes on,, its been a patchy start for sure and I think most of us realised that this would probably be the case, ,that being said I believe we are on the correct path towards having a successful team and trophies will be coming our way again, ,when that is,,i don't rightly know but we will get there bears

As Gerrard says. Squad rotation. Happens at lots of clubs.
Given that we are competing for four trophies and playing twice a week, Gerrard has had little option but to do this.
That he has done this so successfully and beefed the squad up so quickly and so efficiently in order to do this to the level he has achieved has in my opinion been remarkable.

The away form in the league has been disappointing, but it also needs a wee bit of perspective.
The Aberdeen game was ten men for almost ninety minutes and took a fair bit of bizarre one-eyed refereeing to steal the two points from a Rangers side who were actually great on the day.

The Celtc game was hugely disappointing, but it came after a trip to Asia and saw our players having to play their most difficult opponent in the most difficult away visit in the league, under circumstances that couldn't have been more disadvantageous.

The Motherwell game simply saw us fall behind to a slip and that itself set the tone for the game, It allowed our opponents a false grip on a game that we probably would have won nine times out of ten.
As it was, we almost did and it took another bizarre turn with the last kick of the ball for us not to win.

Today was probably the most disappointing result and it hurt badly.
I suspect today will be the one that the manager will learn most from, today will be the one that he will scrutinise with the most critical eye of all.
I believe in the manager and I am positive that he will use today to his managerial advantage and that it will be a match that all of our players will be reliving in the coming days.

This season will be a long haul and it will need patience from the support, we are still very much in early days, but despite the disappointments, we remain in a fine place considering all that has happened.

Follow Follow is hilarious after a bad result. Bunch of spoilt big kids who cant handle losing a game of football.

No arguing about that.

However I suspect the vast majority on here today are concerned by the manner in which we lost it. That wasn't a getting shafted by a dodgy ref or a last minute once in a lifetime 30 yarder from some nobody. That was a team not turning up today and looking clueless more or less all over the park. If that doesn't get alarm bells ringing for you then you've not been paying attention over the last couple of years.

That said, I believe we have a sharp manager who will learn from this and get it sorted out pronto. I have a sneaky feeling it will be a while before we see one or two of those players in the starting XI again.

Yawn...
Keyboard warrior

Aye so you keep saying - even though I'm the one perfectly calm - and you're the loon who rushed on here to tell us Gerrard would have been sacked by now were it not for Europe; the most insane post of the day by far (and you've got some competition).

What's worse is you don't even seem the least bit embarrassed about having posted that and instead are doubling down on your idiocy with guff like:
Yawn...
Keyboard warrior

Fine if you're just a daft wee lad but I'm guessing the 87 in your username means you're the same age as me 31.

If you can't see why what you posted was wrong or why several posters (not just me) told you that in no uncertain terms, you're a lost cause and not worth the bother.

We can't beat Livingston
I’m putting today down to the pitch. We played out our skins at Kilmarnock which got us a result, but it also cost Murphy his cruciate.

We’re not the first team to struggle away from home at the start of the season. Get a result next weekend and I’ll be happy.
We have far better players than Livingston,Livingston don't even have a budget for players,Rangers facility's are miles away from Livingston's,Livingston players earn a pittance compared to Rangers players and Kilmarnocks pitch is nothing like Livingston's.

Look at all of the above and ask how we were beaten today... Livingston have a decent squad of players who all work hard for each other and don't give up,the football might not be pretty but they are getting the results through the way they play.

So let's not blame the pitch and clutch at straws here,Rangers were absolutely rotten today and deserved to take nothing from the game,let's give Livingston a bit of praise given the vast difference in players and resources.

10 points dropped, no away wins, embarrassing performances, 6th in the league, behind the mhanks and a mile behind the leaders.

All aboard the Stevie G express.

We will not win the league this season, anyone who seriously thinks we will, knows the square root of f.uckall about football.

We will fight it out for 2nd/3rd as usual.
And hope that Hearts can stop the Filth's run.:mad::mad::eek:

Some amount of hysteria on here as usual. We got beaten, it’s knocked the feel good factor we’ve had this season but it’s on to the next game. Don’t knock the confidence of the players or manager with some of the over reaction. It was bad, the players and manager know that so hopefully they will be desperate to put that result in context by winning in Europe and thumping hearts next week.

Whether he is an optimistic happy rabbit is unfortunately irrelevant to our shite away form and tactically being inept at times. It's hard to take but it doesn't look like it's happening imho.

Us or the filth will win the league.

It probably will be the filth but you never know and we're only 2 points off them. It's hardly insurmountable.

Let's just wait and see before pissing our pants and waving the white flag.

We can't beat Livingston

We have far better players than Livingston,Livingston don't even have a budget for players,Rangers facility's are miles away from Livingston's,Livingston players earn a pittance compared to Rangers players and Kilmarnocks pitch is nothing like Livingston's.

You could say they same about the tims and look how shit they are.

Look at all of the above and ask how we were beaten today... Livingston have a decent squad of players who all work hard for each other and don't give up,the football might not be pretty but they are getting the results through the way they play.

So let's not blame the pitch and clutch at straws here,Rangers were absolutely rotten today and deserved to take nothing from the game,let's give Livingston a bit of praise given the vast difference in players and resources.

The players were terrified of getting injured like Murphy was on a pitch like this. The Livingston manager admitted that it gives his team an edge, it brings other teams down to their level.

Well, at least you are beginning to see your statement properly.
Everyone on here is frustrated and deeply upset at today.
But we have to sometimes take a step back and look at events through a prism of sanity rather than one of reactionary emotion.

Phuck off you bore.

We were shite today.

Morelos was shite today.

Phuck off and bore everywhere.

You could say they same about the tims and look how shit they are.

The players were terrified of getting injured like Murphy was on a pitch like this. The Livingston manager admitted that it gives his team an edge, it brings other teams down to their level.
I really don't think they were terrified,they were just total shite today.

Just in
Not read whole thread
Behind goal in north stand

For me
Nobody took responsibility,team lacked drive
Coulibaly just not his usual self

I’m still going to cut the team a bit of slack as days like this happen
An I’ve been happy so far this season

Worral struggled at times
To many not at it

The pitch is an issue. We had players sliding about all over the shop, they didn't. It's not a level playing field.
We have much superior footballers than Livi, but if we can't mix it with them and grind out a win at places like that we won't be winning no league. It's a learning curve for Gerrard and most of the players. We were beaten by a team of journeymen today, and hopefully Gerard has learned something from it.

Collectively it was what disappointed me. Nobody fit to drive us on and the realisation that we are still short and the league will need to wait for another season.

Back