Match Thread Livingston v Rangers - 16:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Defoe's movement will rip their defence wide open for the likes of Candeias, Kent, Morelos... to exploit.

He done it time and time again in the first half against Helsinki and in the opening 20 minutes at Rugby Park.

we're in front so no pish,let Livi players run about daft trying to get the ball,we don't need to push,we can pick them off now.

Need to get the 2nd goal to be comfortable. Too many times this season we have struggled to get 2nd then opposition scored

One of our biggest weaknesses and it’s a strange one is that we often don’t take advantage when we force our opponents out after scoring first.

Next goal vital now for us

Coupe of wee gripes

1. We cannot take a throw in, 9/10 ends up with us giving the ball away
2. Tav for 2nd game in a row has been dreadful, needs to be able to pass a ball 2 yards!

Probably a little fortunate to be in front but need to ensure we win this game today

If making any subs I would bring Davis on for Arfield and Defoe for Kent.
Hope we get a 2nd and can make the changes to get them match fit.

I see on the replays of Morelos "10 yard sitter" that he wasn't even inside the box. Missed it by inches. Some on here are as bad as Walker.

With the pitch I
I thought we were very good for the first 35 minutes. The last 10 we started just punting it long and playing into their hands and they came back into it a little.

My only criticism is the standard of finishing, this game should be out of sight already.
Agree great summary of the 1st half.

What a difference having McCrorie in the middle of the park. He just quietly goes around picking up the loose balls and breaking up play.

I don’t think he makes that much difference defensively tbh. It’s the speed he plays the ball forward when he wins it that sets him apart from our other holding midfielders IMO.

I genuinely think Jack, Arfield, Davis and Coulibaly are competing for 2 midfield places alongside McCrorie.

He is our midfield anchor, the best defensive screen and best physical presence in there.

McCrorie makes our team tick. Jack’s best performances for us have all been with McCrorie playing beside him. He’s a first pick for me.

The fact I said a poor last 10 minutes would suggest that we had a decent last 35, could you not work that’s one out doh!
No.
I just read your comment and thought if you meant we were good/better before that you’d have taken the time to post thus, like you took the time to post the negative comment.

Workmanship performance so far. Livvie offering nothing except at set pieces must be shitty being a supporter of that type of footie. We need to another goal to close this out or else it’s going to be a nervous last 10 mins.

Alfie really doesnt like shooting with his left foot, does he? He hits that shot with his left foor and he scores imho. Could maybe even have taken a touch. Still can really blame him for first timing it

Difficult pitch which is causing us to revert to long balls a lot.

We have largely controlled but lost a bit of rhythm at times. We are heavily reliant on Morelos though. I think he has been excellent all over the front line & easily our best player.

I still think our midfield balance isn't right. Jack isn't offering much at all & needs to link the ball to Arfield. Arfield has been quiet but has made numerous runs to support Morelos & no one has picked him out. McCrorie has been good & offered extra physicality which is crucial vs.them.

I would consider potentially switching Jack for Davis at some point if we struggle in the first part of the 2nd half

If Morelos' effort that struck the post had gone in I'd be much more comfortable. As it stands 1-0 is a very precarious lead.

Davis for Arfield would be the only sub I'd make for now. Give Kent 10-15 minutes as he's capable of a moment that could get us the 2nd.

Glad for Katic. He previously struggled on that turf but he's been awesome.

Alfie must do better, both in his finishing and playing others in, which he's never interested in unless forced.

Andy Walker is as thick as dog shit. You put a wee wifey that initially knows nothing about football in his role for however long he's been doing it and they'd be able to assess the game better. It's genuinely scary that he's paid to read the game.

I'm in work, anyone sum up the first half?
GOOD 35 mins by us; McRorie missed header by inches when he should have scored; Morelos missed header but stretching to reach. Candeias good robbery at nearside touch line half way and curls ball to Morelos who hits post - brilliant pass, unlucky at least 5-0 in corners. Goal was Morelos running about in box, ball falls to Arfield facing away from goal and he nudges onto Jack who has a bit of curve and bouncing ball which goalie lets through underneath body. Scrappy in 10 mins since with Livi getting back into game - us knocking balls up to no-one.

Been tight. Long periods of just punting it back which isn't great. Always expected a sticky game, so halftime 1 up suits me. Just need to finish the job.

I will add a few pence worth ....

Ha ha livi there awful pitch cost them the goal .

About a yard out the ball bobbles and changes direction if you watch it close.

We're well on top anyway so we deserved it .

the pitch is a f uckin disgrace, cant believe the top line of scottish football allows this shit, needs to be punted

Next goal vital now for us

Coupe of wee gripes

1. We cannot take a throw in, 9/10 ends up with us giving the ball away
2. Tav for 2nd game in a row has been dreadful, needs to be able to pass a ball 2 yards!

Probably a little fortunate to be in front but need to ensure we win this game today

I'm 33 years old and our throw ins have been like that since I started watching us :))

the pitch is a f uckin disgrace, cant believe the top line of scottish football allows this shit, needs to be punted
Yes, quite agree. I don't know what the grass pitch was like last season but for the authorities to let them rip that up in the close season and put in this bag of shite is beyond belief.

Back