Match Thread Livingston v Rangers - 16:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

He’s gonna stick with Defoe and Morelos up top but I’d play just one. Go back to 4-3-3 and play Morelos. Have Defoe come on and can play a different team against Cowdenbeath. A lot of games coming up

We need to ditch the two up front nonsense. It doesn’t work.

Either play Morelos wide or don’t start Defoe. We can’t surrender the midfield or it will be a long afternoon.

Livingston have only conceded 5 goals in 11 home games this season. As a comparison, we've conceded 6, the Sheep 13, Hearts 8 and the beasts 4.

Any type of win will be difficult today. Reckon we'll need to score at least 2 to get all the points.

McGregor
Tav Worrall Katic Barisic
Jack McCrorie Arfield
Candeias Morelos Kent

Starting lineup.

while I have no axe to grind with Worrall, I am beginning to wonder if the agreement with Forest is that he plays if he is fit...

while I have no axe to grind with Worrall, I am beginning to wonder if the agreement with Forest is that he plays if he is fit...
I think he needs to play today really. MacAuley is 39 and probably cant play every game. Especially two back to back on plastic.

And Goldson is injured

Only 3 points will do today, it’s going to be tough but let’s get right behind the team today and roar them on. Gerrard may make strange selection team wise and tactics but this is his 1st manager job, he’s got us within 3 points off the scum after the break and took us to europa group stage we couldn’t even have dreamed of this the end of last season so let’s back him and the team they deserve our support and I’m sure come end of the season we’ll be happy looking back on it:)) 2-0 Rangers Morelos x 2

I really hope the Gaffer has a greater understanding of Scottish football after his experimental first half season induction.

That's all I'd given Stevie at the start of the year. A years induction and win the league next year. I knew he would make mistakes on route but I never expected the start he's had and the poor start they've made.

I'm forgiving the Gaffers errors the more I begin to see his ability at addressing them and correcting them. That's the phase we will move in to now.

More settled and less tactical churn (which should never be dismissed as a useful strategy - but sadly has cost us points this season but may still have it's uses up ahead). I want Stevie to identify the strengths and weaknesses of his squad. He's had the rotational tests that will give him a better understanding of every players capabilities now.

I love the Gaffer and how he has so rapidly advanced the team and the club - he's a gift from God that man - to be revered forevermore if he gives us 55.

Last edited:
Why the %^*& does our starting 11 continue to get leaked?

Unfortunately there’s at least 1 Scottish player that’s been here since Pedro that tends to give news to mates / family members who in turn appear to tell their mates etc. and it spreads

I got our starting 11 the night before the tims game.

I got the starting lineup prior to Kilmarnock game and again this morning our 11 today

Although I like seeing our lineup, I’d much rather it wasn’t leaked out.

Why even post that when you know thats not true.

The lineup I seen was 4-3-3. Katic in for Macaulay.

Davis and Defoe not starting. McCrorie, Candeias are in.

It may be wrong but I’ve received numerous starting lineups earlier than released this season and they’ve always been spot on

Unfortunately there’s at least 1 Scottish player that’s been here since Pedro that tends to give news to mates / family members who in turn appear to tell their mates etc. and it spreads

I got our starting 11 the night before the tims game.

I got the starting lineup prior to Kilmarnock game and again this morning our 11 today

Although I like seeing our lineup, I’d much rather it wasn’t leaked out.

It's unacceptable and the player in question should be shipped fucking out.

We badly need goals. Not only are we behind in points now but a massive 13 goals behind the poets. We need to start scoring well each game if we have anychance at all of bring champions. Hopefully today Morelos and Defoe can get a brace each with others chipping in as well.

McCrorie has to start. Didn't deserve to be on the bench at Killie. He will be an asset in breaking up play in front of whatever two centre backs we start with. This is a must for me.

Don't think you'll be upsetting many mate tbh.

It will be pretty obvious to virtually everyone that it will be Worrall and Katic together.

Unlikely as well that Defoe would be able to start a 2nd game in a week after having played so little football recently.

The only question mark I can see is whether or not McCrorie or Davis starts.

I fancy McCrorie will.

McGregor
Tav Worral Katic Borna
Jack McCrorie
Arfield
Candieas Morelos Kent

So we are ditching the new formation after one match.

Makes it even more strange that we tried it in our first game back after the break, at a tough venue against a side who are near the top, play on a terrible pitch and with two older heads who were lacking game time/match sharpness.

Only 2 shutouts in 11 away league matches tells you our problem. Kep clean sheet, and we should win. C'mon the Teddies !

Borna better regain his composure and get back to being the player we've seen at the start.

He has promise and is a Papaesque possible legend in the making.

We need some steel from him and I'm more worried he hasn't got enough bottle. Need to see some heavy challenges, pin point tackles and delightful crosses in to the box - as we've seen from the player.

I’ve heard Katic is starting today and it’s back to Morelos up top on his own.
Hopefully Katic puts in a big performance and cements his place back with Goldson again.

Katic could be huge from set pieces today.

A lot depends on our attitude today - IMO -

There's no question Livi will frustrate - but we need to deal with that & keep at them for every second of the 90+ minutes

If we can bring the right commitment & mentality (as per another thread) - retain our organisation & shape - then there's no reason we shouldn't win this with room to spare

We need SG & GMcA to motivate them to perform with the right attitude

Let's get it done Rangers

I think we will win, might not be pretty but I do expect a reaction from the side. Just pissed off that we’re again made to expect a reaction at all. We should be going into these games with positive momentum behind us.

Back