Press Conference Livingston v Rangers - pre match press conference (Video added)

Not a bad time to play Livingston. After going 14 games unbeaten including two games vs Celtic, they are now 4 games without a win and have lost 3 of those 4.

Got to say I felt sorry for the gaffer with that last question. Was no need for whoever that was (David Tanner I think?) to bring that up when it was just breaking news and he clearly didn't know. Poor form.
Absolute disgrace from that journalist. He would have known fine well that the manager wouldn't have know the about that.

Not sure Tanner needed to throw that in tbh.

Who was the journo on at 6 mins in? Sounded like he’d been full of coke all weekend.

Got to say I felt sorry for the gaffer with that last question. Was no need for whoever that was (David Tanner I think?) to bring that up when it was just breaking news and he clearly didn't know. Poor form.
I hear you mate. You could see how uncomfortable Stevie was, but as usual he handled things well.

The media are just that, the media. Nothing is off limits.

Totally out of order from Tanner - almost seemed excited to spell it out as a "guess who's dead?".

Ridiculous from Tanner. That was not the forum to be asking that question.

For all he knows Gerrard could be a family friend.

Totally out of order from Tanner - almost seemed excited to spell it out as a "guess who's dead?".
This was the problem - not the question itself. He's a journalist, he's going to ask it, but he seemed absolutely desperate to ask & didn't even say anything along the lines of 'Apologies if this is the first you've heard of this as it is just breaking, but....'
It was pure & showed a lack of common decency.

I can't fail to be impressed by Ianis Hagi every time I hear him speak. Not only is he a wonderful talent on the pitch who takes a right good kicking every game but just gets on with it. He is a credit to himself his family & The Club the way he speaks & conducts himself, a proper Ranger. I for one hope he stays with us for many years and lets his talent flourish.

No need for that question by Tanner.
The gaffer handled it well but shouldn't have had to.

Agreed OP. Absolutely shocking from a journalist trying to make a name for himself. BUT, look at the class from the manager dealing with that on the spot. Absolutely incredible from our manager, seamlessly moving into a class and dignified response. A proper man and a true gentleman - we are so luck to have this man. Rangers Legend IMO

my thoughts too. C.unts trick and knew what he was dojng

Just got round to watching the press conference there. Saw Gerrard on Saint earlier in a clip which was fair enough comment. But ffs, didn't know that it was broken to him by a fukin 'journo'!

That was a cnutish move and tbh, I'd ban him for that. Disgusting.

Yeah. That was unnecessary.
Went for shock value, and hoped to catch him off guard with that, and certainly did!
Poor from Tanner. Think Gerrard will remember this for some time.

Back