Loan players that were going to be superstars

Honeyger

I can remember on the old board when I had many arguments about Zelalem and Oduda, my question would be where are they now? I can remember prominent members on this board telling me Zelalem would be a superstar, I just could not see a player , my question would be have we had any successful loan signings ?

Yes, the truth is, not many go on to make it at their parent clubs.

Sean Goss?
Still at QPR and not featuring.
Dom Ball at Aberdeen and average.
I think Zelalem is still at Arsenal but they have eighty odd players, so where he is in the pecking order is anyone's guess.

Too many clubs in England are stifling the development of players in my opinion.

I can remember on the old board when I had many arguments about Zelalem and Oduda, my question would be where are they now? I can remember prominent members on this board telling me Zelalem would be a superstar, I just could not see a player , my question would be have we had any successful loan signings ?
Have we had any successful loans? Yes. Steve Davis, Kyrigakos and to a much lesser extent David Bates.

Aaron Niguez brother os Saul
Truly one of the only players I've ever seen Ibrox actually give a free pass to. EVERYONE was behind him and, where others players would get shouted at for mistakes, he'd get a simple wee "unlucky son!"

The best moment being when the crowd had put enough pressure on the team to let him actually take a penalty, even though he never played. He missed the penalty, but somehow got to retake it and scored. Scenes!

In fact, the season before he had been a superstar in Valencia's u21 team with Fran Sandaza, so they told us anyway. Amazing. I still think we meant to go for Saúl and got the wrong brother.

I remember we were close to signing some spaniard called Iniesta on loan!!

Any ideas how his career turned out?

Have we had any successful loans? Yes. Steve Davis, Kyrigakos and to a much lesser extent David Bates.
Steve Davis was always going to be a permanent signing, Kyriagos was always a permanent signing, answer my question on the shit we had as loans under Wharbuton and Pedro ?

Zelalem did his knee ligaments not long after leaving us , hard to blame the wee man of his career stalled

Jon Toral seems to have found his feet with Hull

Hyndmann is getting touted to Hibs to that poor wee guy must have gone astray

We all got carried away with Nathan Oduwa’s flicks and tricks but those early MW days were a heady time

As for Dalcio he got put in a medieval wrack , streched and sent back under a new name , Umar something

Truly one of the only players I've ever seen Ibrox actually give a free pass to. EVERYONE was behind him and, where others players would get shouted at for mistakes, he'd get a simple wee "unlucky son!"

The best moment being when the crowd had put enough pressure on the team to let him actually take a penalty, even though he never played. He missed the penalty, but somehow got to retake it and scored. Scenes!

In fact, the season before he had been a superstar in Valencia's u21 team with Fran Sandaza, so they told us anyway. Amazing. I still think we meant to go for Saúl and got the wrong brother.
Saúl was 14 at the time, so I’m guessing not. He also moved from Real Madrid to Atleti in 2008 at youth level.

Strangely enough i was just talking to my son tonight about that particular thread,back then i backed Zelalem to the hilt and honestly thought that he would be a regular first teamer at Arsenal within a year.

Shows how little i know.

Thought Zelalem was very good.

Vlad did go on to pay CL football while we were signing total fucking haddies so hard to say things never worked out for him.

Steve Davis was always going to be a permanent signing, Kyriagos was always a permanent signing, answer my question on the shit we had as loans under Wharbuton and Pedro ?
Whether he was "always going to be perm" or not doesn't alter the fact he was a Loan. So the question you posed was have we had successful loans, the answer is Yes. Dont move the goal posts because there is evidence that confirms we've had succesful loans. Kyriagos wasn't always permanent either.

The loans we got with Warburton, Pedro and Murty were good in flashes, but ultimately not good enough. I'm not going to deny that. Zelelem looked good, but not great. Ball came in and did well, but again wasn't anything all that special. Goss looked great at first and fell away, much like Hyndman. Oduwa was starting to look good, but essentially gave up (ignoring the pathetic shite he had to deal with from our press because of his tricks).

We've never really had a great deal of luck with loans, which I get is your point, but we can't ignore the fact that some of them have came good. So far, Coulibaly looks like an inspired signing. Kent looks decent, as does Ejaria. Wont judge the boy from Roma yet as not seen enough of him to form a real opinion tbh.

However the season could quite easily pan out with many of these lads going in the same way as Hyndman/Goss, we simply wont know until May 2019. From what we've saw so far, Kent and Coulibaly will be the better of the loan signings this season and the latter being the most likely that we'll sign on a perm basis.

Lee Martin was supposed to be brilliant after his first couple of games. Tore Robbie Neilson a new one.

Paul Rideout was played one day as a makeshift centrehalf for us and had a great game,

A lot of our loan signings wet young laddies, wait and see how they end up, some of them looked the part,

Salem was rated 10th youngest prospect in the world for his age, Hyndman looked a good prospect as well, .

I met one of our ever greatest prospects on Friday afternoon, and he would have been one of Scotland's best if it hadn't been for that fucker Simpson from aberdeen

Sometime we put to much pressure on young guys to deliver all the time.

STEVIE G, He knows what he is doing

There was some kid from Spain that we’d arranged to get on loan before he did well in a youth World Cup so the parent team decided to see if he could break into their team. Anyone know how he turned out? Messi was the name...

There was some kid from Spain that we’d arranged to get on loan before he did well in a youth World Cup so the parent team decided to see if he could break into their team. Anyone know how he turned out? Messi was the name...

Guillem Balague rubbished this.

Remember Fabrice Fernandez?

I remember being vaguely excited about that loan deal at the time but he turned out a bit too lightweight. Scored a good goal on his debut I recall then quickly disappeared.

Went on to do a half-decent turn down south for a spell I think. Southampton?

Jerome Rothen was ment to be already class when he signed on loan from PSG but he was as his 2nd name suggests

A thread designed for eejits that can't wait to undermine our squad and recruitment process. It would not be out of place on another forum.

Fabrice Fernandes and Aaron Niguez came to mind straight away.

Lee Martin and Phil Bardsley as well.

The biggest one outwith us has to be Patrick Roberts. On loan for about 4 seasons at a cost of millions. Don’t think he ever nailed down a place and I only remember him for a sitter in a massive game.

Fabrice Fernandes and Aaron Niguez came to mind straight away.

Lee Martin and Phil Bardsley as well.

The biggest one outwith us has to be Patrick Roberts. On loan for about 4 seasons at a cost of millions. Don’t think he ever nailed down a place and I only remember him for a sitter in a massive game.
Barnsley carved out a decent career at least. Still crazy he was punted for tackling in training.

Back