Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

jomacbe

I may be wrong but I get the impression we have far too many on the books.
We have the ones at Ibrox who never play, Doc,King etc. then the ones out on loan, the colts who played on Saturday.
We have the U18s who beat Thistle on Friday, a team which seems to change personel every time they play.
I'm not sure about the younger age groups, but we seem to be overloaded with players who will probably never play for Rangers first eleven.

Boab4

We have the ones at Ibrox who never play, Doc,King etc. then the ones out on loan, the colts who played on Saturday.
We have the U18s who beat Thistle on Friday, a team which seems to change personel every time they play.
I'm not sure about the younger age groups, but we seem to be overloaded with players who will probably never play for Rangers first eleven.
All of the teams below the main team need full squads. Whether they will all make it or not.

Valley Bluenose

Hastie starts for Rotherham today, after a while on the subs bench.

Cammy Palmer starts for Thistle.

No sign of Rudden for Plymouth.

McPake on the bench for Dundee.

Middleton nowhere to be seen at Hibs.

Texas ranger

Hastie starting today. Rotherham are one down.

Subbed on 64 minutes. They’ve pulled two goals back after he went off, 2-2 now.

Last edited:

Coplandbear

Middleton wasting an important year of his career at hibs when he could of been learning the game in Holland.

Could be a decision that ruins his Rangers career.
Gerrard reportedly wasn't happy with his decision to go to Hibs and it appears to have been a complete waste of time plus I'd be surprised if he gets near our first team squad upon his return.

buffalosoldier

Looks like Glenn has really fucked it by going to Hibs. Other than staying at home I've absolutely no idea why he didn't go to Holland.

Big Buff

Looks like Glenn has really fucked it by going to Hibs. Other than staying at home I've absolutely no idea why he didn't go to Holland.
The standard in the Premiership is much higher than the second tier in Holland. If he went there he’d be playing a lot of reserve sides.

Sometimes, loans don’t work out. In this case, it didn’t work because Hibs changed manager and the previous one was struggling to save his job.

Loans are risky, it’s why it’s important that we create a pathway for the youngsters in our own squad. Relying on other teams to develop them is risky.

BrooklynBlue

Loans seldom work at our level. Of course there will be exceptions but if they're not pushing for first team squad now, I doubt time in League One is really going to add much to their game - they'd be better served working under our coaching staff.

buffalosoldier

Robby McCrorie the only on loan player playing today. Middleton misses out on the Hibs squad yet again. McPake once again on the bench for Dundee. Palmer on the bench for Partick.

JohnBrownsboot

Loans seldom work at our level. Of course there will be exceptions but if they're not pushing for first team squad now, I doubt time in League One is really going to add much to their game - they'd be better served working under our coaching staff.
Would respectfully disagree. Our coaching staff fully understand the best way to develop players. Playing senior football is an important part of that.

BrooklynBlue

Would respectfully disagree. Our coaching staff fully understand the best way to develop players. Playing senior football is an important part of that.
I'm not sure it's about developing them than trying to move them on. Who from the current batch do you see returning to challenge for the matchday squad?

Barjonas seems to have pushed his way into the first team squad by being in and around Ibrox.

prenzlauerbear

I'm not sure it's about developing them than trying to move them on. Who from the current batch do you see returning to challenge for the matchday squad?

Barjonas seems to have pushed his way into the first team squad by being in and around Ibrox.
I think both the McCrorie brothers, Kelly and Middleton all have a good chance of making it at Rangers. Palmer I haven't seen much of.

Boab4

Hastie on the bench for Rotherham, playing Solihull Moors on BTSport.

2-0 down inside 8 minutes.

Last edited:

AllanD

You're right, lets get rid of all that potentially won't make the first team. Leave those that have a hope to play 5 men vs 11 at each age level.