Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

Bigclinthill

Barjonas was on loan at Bury and Raith Rovers last season and came back a better (or more ready) player.

Pretty sure he also had a loan spell at Thistle before last season.
He was never at Thistle, never played at Bury, or at least only played a few minutes for the whole of the loan, had it written into his Raith Rovers deal that he play whenever he was fit, and so he did play a lot but was not rated at all by Raith fans. The reason he is now in the first team squad, or at least training with them is that Gerrard likes him, simple as that.

strider

He was never at Thistle, never played at Bury, or at least only played a few minutes for the whole of the loan, had it written into his Raith Rovers deal that he play whenever he was fit, and so he did play a lot but was not rated at all by Raith fans. The reason he is now in the first team squad, or at least training with them is that Gerrard likes him, simple as that.
Ah, that's what it was, Thistle announced him then it didn't go through, yeah?

Thing is, you're arguing here that he gained nothing from those loan deals, but that's not necessarily true. Plenty to be said for the new experiences, an understanding of life if it doesn't work at Rangers, and more networking for the player.

Developing youth players isn't just about benefitting Rangers. We owe them the best chance we can give them to have a career as a professional. The vast majority won't be regulars for Rangers, but they help us develop the ones who will be.

SecondBestIsNothing

Spoke to Barjonas at my local before and he said that the Bury move was just a nightmare, broken promises and I think he was just a boy who couldn't settle living away from home. I think he's picked up from where he was a couple of years back and from what I've heard in reserve games, he has started to develop a bit of a nasty streak, which is a bit refreshing to hear from a young player breaking through

JohnBrownsboot

Loans seldom work at our level. Of course there will be exceptions but if they're not pushing for first team squad now, I doubt time in League One is really going to add much to their game - they'd be better served working under our coaching staff.

What a load of bull. A successful loan can be measured in many ways not just about the football experience. Have to treat the lads right help them get careers whether that is with us or not. Developing young players isn’t a precise science a lad can have a bad season for many reasons.

Being too brutal chucking lads means you would miss good players and get a bad reputation making it harder to sign players.

das

Ross mccrorie started for Portsmouth today and didn't look up to much. Accy Stanley won 4 1 after being a goal behind

Midfield General

A boy I work with is a Portsmouth fan and he says McCrorie is settling in well and you can see he normally plays at a higher level and he reckons quote " he is to good for Pompey"

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Just flicked back a couple of pages and had a read. Sorry can't see anything. Very few are even getting a game.

Big Buff

Friend of mine (Ayr fan) tells me that Stephen Robinson of Motherwell was at an Ayr game supposedly watching young Kelly. They’re worried that we’ll recall him and send him out to the Premiership on loan

prenzlauerbear

Just flicked back a couple of pages and had a read. Sorry can't see anything. Very few are even getting a game.
Did you actually?

Kelly has been a star man at Ayr, as has Robby McC at QoTS. Both have been fantastic, or "setting the heather on fire" as you asked.

Palmer is getting games under his belt at Thistle and gaining valuable first team experience. Relative to his age, he's coped very well in the Championship. He's into double figures now in terms of starts.

Ross McC at Pompey has been stop start because of injuries and suspensions. Their fans rate him highly and hope he can kick on in the new year.

Hastie started like a house on fire at Rotherham but has tailed off a bit. That's natural for a young winger.

Middleton isn't working at Hibs, everyone knows that, and McPake would liked to have started more games for Dundee. That said, the latter just turned 18 in the summer and their manager said his attitude is spot on. He's still got first team action under his belt, and was involved in the Tayside derby.

I get that that your personal brand on here is "glass half empty curmudgeon" but really, being so keen to dismiss young guys like that — some of whom are still trying to carve out a living in the game ˘— is pretty poor IMO.

JohnBrownsboot

Usual jumping to the wrong conclusions and negativity. Loans are all about learning and making mistakes.

Never seen anybody starting out in any career that is perfect from day one.

All humans develop at different pace. Thought you might have realised that yourself.

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
Usual jumping to the wrong conclusions and negativity. Loans are all about learning and making mistakes.

Never seen anybody starting out in any career that is perfect from day one.

All humans develop at different pace. Thought you might have realised that yourself.
Actually wrong in all ways. I'm 100% behind the loan system. I'm questioning the actual deals, and progress being made, not the concept. The ones doing best are at very low level and few actual judgements can be made. I actually post frequently about the joys of a revamped, and properly funded youth system. I'm 100% into finding pathway to first team squad. Merry Christmas.

Theknight

Zak Rudden got the only goal in a rare away win for Plymouth today so that's a plus.

No minutes at all for Hastie again.

GovanFront4

I'd normally be concerned that his previous moves didn't work out, but when it comes to a midfielder the management team really know what to look for. They have taken Jack to a new level and seen something in Kamara when 90% of people didn't. I think Gerrard must see something in Barjonas that he can work with.

Yankeeger

I'd normally be concerned that his previous moves didn't work out, but when it comes to a midfielder the management team really know what to look for. They have taken Jack to a new level and seen something in Kamara when 90% of people didn't. I think Gerrard must see something in Barjonas that he can work with.
So what was the script with Docherty

Big Buff

So what was the script with Docherty
The management team didn't sign Docherty, sent him out on loan their first season and then advised him to leave the Club in the summer, but he chose to stay and fight for his place.

He's a good player who will be a success elsewhere, but he isn't a fit for the way we play.