Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

MearnsUnionist

Live down Dumfries way and a lot of Queens fans rate McCrorie very highly. Some reckon best keeper since Jamie MacDonald - which is actually a compliment believe it or not...

He's rated very highly at Ibrox too mate.

He's really filled out now and is an absolute monster.

By far the tallest and has the best physique out of all our keepers.

Fully expect him to be McGregor's number 2 next season.

Boab4

He's rated very highly at Ibrox too mate.

He's really filled out now and is an absolute monster.

By far the tallest and has the best physique out of all our keepers.

Fully expect him to be McGregor's number 2 next season.
I think he needs more games at a higher level next season.

Sitting on the bench won't do him any favours.

LD5

It's I think Orange County. The latest link up. Must be better than s loan at Berwick or Stranraer.
The 4th tier of US football is miles worse than 3rd tier of Scottish. Below like 5/6 teams the MLS standard is pretty dire never mind 3 tiers below it. They should be pushing for lower end championship teams at minimum.

happydays

The 4th tier of US football is miles worse than 3rd tier of Scottish. Below like 5/6 teams the MLS standard is pretty dire never mind 3 tiers below it. They should be pushing for lower end championship teams at minimum.
Meant quality of life really for a youngster that has probably been put out to grass prior to their contract ending.

iaatpies

Recalled, going on loan to America with Danny Finlayson
He was poor. Fitness was never in doubt but his positioning and tackling weren't good enough for a wingback and his dribbling, crossing and shooting weren't good enough for a wide midfielder or winger.

Some way off replacing either Rico Quitongo or PJ Crossan as a starter at Dumbarton.

Coatbridge Chancellor

He was poor. Fitness was never in doubt but his positioning and tackling weren't good enough for a wingback and his dribbling, crossing and shooting weren't good enough for a wide midfielder or winger.

Some way off replacing either Rico Quitongo or PJ Crossan as a starter at Dumbarton.
And lets face it, Quitongo is shite. A lot of work to do to be anywhere near ready to play for us.

alex0212

One for elfideldo, does finlayson have a chance of making it? Has looked very solid any time I've seen him. Got a great build for his age, think he's still only 18 or 19

SirAlfredofMorelos

Middleton's got a foot injury and st. Mirren aren't taking him on loan. Wonder who he will end up at on loan. He's too good for the Scottish championship and 6 months there probably wouldn't do much for him.

Walter Sobchak

Middleton's got a foot injury and st. Mirren aren't taking him on loan. Wonder who he will end up at on loan. He's too good for the Scottish championship and 6 months there probably wouldn't do much for him.
He's better than Barker and I'd probably have him in the squad ahead of Ojo too. I'd rather see Barker out on loan so see if he can do anything. Middleton has scored for us in Europe amongst other things, at least he has some sort of end product.

MearnsUnionist

He's better than Barker and I'd probably have him in the squad ahead of Ojo too. I'd rather see Barker out on loan so see if he can do anything. Middleton has scored for us in Europe amongst other things, at least he has some sort of end product.

Ojo's stats are miles better than Middleton's mate.

Barker and Jones were definitely the 2 players Gerrard referred to when saying certain players were poor and never took their chance on Friday night.

Ojo certainly isn't a starter for me, but you can't deny he's a least made a decent contributor this season.

I see he scored and assisted yesterday too.

SirAlfredofMorelos

Middleton last season scored 5 and set up 5 in just under 1100 minutes. He was 18 going on 19 at the time.
Ojo this season has scored 5 and set up 7 in just under 1800 minutes. He is 22.
Barker his numbers are that bad, they aren't even worth mentioning lol.

While Glenn tapered off a bit, I do feel he got threw under the bus a little and the crowd got really on his back. At 18/19 we as supporters should have been supporting this lad rather than some of the nonsense that was getting spouted about him. It clearly affected him and its what worries me about bringing through any youth players here. I can't wait for the Nathan Patterson won't make it here posts and tweets after one mistake.

Like you say about Barker & ojo, if I'm Middleton I have to wonder why these guys keep getting chances. If Middleton put those performances in he would be shunted back down to the reserves.

It's mental that you see so many people writing this young lad off (same with Ross McCrorie), he just turned 20 this month. He's played and performed well in some massive games. You don't do that without a modicum of talent.

Amstel

Middleton last season scored 5 and set up 5 in just under 1100 minutes. He was 18 going on 19 at the time.
Ojo this season has scored 5 and set up 7 in just under 1800 minutes. He is 22.
Barker his numbers are that bad, they aren't even worth mentioning lol.

While Glenn tapered off a bit, I do feel he got threw under the bus a little and the crowd got really on his back. At 18/19 we as supporters should have been supporting this lad rather than some of the nonsense that was getting spouted about him. It clearly affected him and its what worries me about bringing through any youth players here. I can't wait for the Nathan Patterson won't make it here posts and tweets after one mistake.

Like you say about Barker & ojo, if I'm Middleton I have to wonder why these guys keep getting chances. If Middleton put those performances in he would be shunted back down to the reserves.

It's mental that you see so many people writing this young lad off (same with Ross McCrorie), he just turned 20 this month. He's played and performed well in some massive games. You don't do that without a modicum of talent.

Middleton for me has a future at Rangers. I think he has everything to be a success here. I watched him play development games where he was on the right wing. Cutting inside onto his left and getting shots on target.

SirAlfredofMorelos

Middleton for me has a future at Rangers. I think he has everything to be a success here. I watched him play development games where he was on the right wing. Cutting inside onto his left and getting shots on target.
He had around a 0.82 goal contribution (0.41 goal and 0.41 assist) per 90 minutes last season. For anyone that is pretty decent, at 18/19 that is very good. It basically works out at 9 goal contributions in just over 11 (90 minute) games. For comparison Ojo's has a 0.61 goal contribution per 90 minutes this season. Having watched Ojo numerous times, I haven't seen much from him in terms of all round play/link play, that suggests he is bringing a lot more than Middleton was. If anything he feels even more frustrating that Middleton.

I think the main difference for me between Middleton and Ojo is, Middleton is our player (and one of us). We don't have much of an upside to Ojo, if he manages to kick on and develop we are looking at a massive fee and wage. If more likely Ojo doesn't kick on, we have another frustrating inconsistent 6 months of developing another clubs player. Surely that 6 months would be better used on developing our on own player or getting someone of a higher level on loan.

Redhand

He had around a 0.82 goal contribution (0.41 goal and 0.41 assist) per 90 minutes last season. For anyone that is pretty decent, at 18/19 that is very good. It basically works out at 9 goal contributions in just over 11 (90 minute) games. For comparison Ojo's has a 0.61 goal contribution per 90 minutes this season. Having watched Ojo numerous times, I haven't seen much from him in terms of all round play/link play, that suggests he is bringing a lot more than Middleton was. If anything he feels even more frustrating that Middleton.

I think the main difference for me between Middleton and Ojo is, Middleton is our player (and one of us). We don't have much of an upside to Ojo, if he manages to kick on and develop we are looking at a massive fee and wage. If more likely Ojo doesn't kick on, we have another frustrating inconsistent 6 months of developing another clubs player. Surely that 6 months would be better used on developing our on own player or getting someone of a higher level on loan.
Ojo has got to be one of the frustrating players, shows flashes of player one game then just sh*t and not at the race the next.

I totally agree with this, every time ive see Middleton he looks the better player. I also think he would be helped more learning from one of the best midfielders in Gerrard

Bo'ness Bear

Glen was determined to show his talents at Hibs, but he just didn’t fit in to their style of play and was out their plans well before the new manager came in. It was a risk, but had it worked out he would have been playing well in a league we would all have seen and his stock would have risen - a little like Jones and Stewart.
Glen does not really need “training” anymore - he is ready for game time and we don’t have any room for him at the moment as our squad is fairly balanced - but if I had a vote, Barker would be out and Middleton would be in.

weefree

when he went to Hibs I hoped it would work but thought it a strange choice, maybe there wasn’t a whole lot of choice, I dunno, but it struck me that the style of play of Motherwell would be far better for him. As I say, maybe they weren’t interested but the pace they shift the ball seemed to be far more suited for him. I Hope he gets a decent loan just now, he’s still a relative youngster and that’s a fair bit of upheaval he’s had in the last year.