Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

Big Buff

Nothing stopping us from offering him a longer deal if he's a success
Sure, but I don't see why he'd sign a deal with us just to get transferred and sign a deal for another team.

He would need to be a hell of a success to break into this Rangers midfield. We're talking League POTY calibre I think.

stortbear

Just an update on McCrorie. Was on the bench today for Pompey, after his suspension as Jackett played an unchanged side from the League Cup win against Birmingham.

Pompey won 2-0 and, I'll be honest, there's a bit of a chance that McCrorie's starting chances have decreased somewhat, as Pompey have hit upon a winning combination in midfield with Ben Close and Andy Cannon in the middle with Tom Naylor, with Cannon taking his chance in the position which McCrorie started in, he was MOTM today.

Would be a surprise if McCrorie came back in next game. although that is against Sunderland, so could be a bit spicy, just the game for Ross. But Cannon has took his chance after McCrorie's sending off.

brain

Checked the Hibs forum and and some comments praising Middleton highly already saying he’ll be a key man this season. Of course it has sparked a debate that has threatened to take over the thread, they’ve had that debate umpteen times already but some of them can’t help themselves :rolleyes::D

BL11

McCrorie sub today vs Sunderland, comes on after 73 mins and plays RB.

Flashed in a couple of crosses but nothing special.

Wonder what the RFC management team are making of his progress at present.

Boab4

The other thread on it said be was the best player on the pitch when he came on.

The other thread on it said be was the best player on the pitch when he came on.
Yep, view amongst the fans down here is that he starts next game somehow, he was more effective at right back (coming on for Anton Walkes) than Walkes had been for the rest of the game. He's making a good impression with the short time he's been on the pitch so far.

Boab4

Yep, view amongst the fans down here is that he starts next game somehow, he was more effective at right back (coming on for Anton Walkes) than Walkes had been for the rest of the game. He's making a good impression with the short time he's been on the pitch so far.
I've always thought he would make a smashing right back.

hms

Ross is an adequate right back, he played the vast majority of the youths there.

jdm1873

McCrorie's sending off didn't help as hes been a sub since. He's a cracking player though and will get plenty of game time.

Arkanoid

Same here mate.

Who knows perhaps Rangers want Portsmouth to try him there.

Certainly made an impression when he came on.
I doubt it, he got sent off and lost his midfield spot. I'm sure the player and Rangers will be disappointed, hope he learns from it and cements a midfield spot

jomacbe

I doubt it, he got sent off and lost his midfield spot. I'm sure the player and Rangers will be disappointed, hope he learns from it and cements a midfield spot
Agree midfield is the most likely position. It's all about learning as you say, also growing up, living away from home etc.