Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

He had around a 0.82 goal contribution (0.41 goal and 0.41 assist) per 90 minutes last season. For anyone that is pretty decent, at 18/19 that is very good. It basically works out at 9 goal contributions in just over 11 (90 minute) games. For comparison Ojo's has a 0.61 goal contribution per 90 minutes this season. Having watched Ojo numerous times, I haven't seen much from him in terms of all round play/link play, that suggests he is bringing a lot more than Middleton was. If anything he feels even more frustrating that Middleton.

I think the main difference for me between Middleton and Ojo is, Middleton is our player (and one of us). We don't have much of an upside to Ojo, if he manages to kick on and develop we are looking at a massive fee and wage. If more likely Ojo doesn't kick on, we have another frustrating inconsistent 6 months of developing another clubs player. Surely that 6 months would be better used on developing our on own player or getting someone of a higher level on loan.

Ojo has got to be one of the frustrating players, shows flashes of player one game then just sh*t and not at the race the next.

I totally agree with this, every time ive see Middleton he looks the better player. I also think he would be helped more learning from one of the best midfielders in Gerrard

Glen was determined to show his talents at Hibs, but he just didn’t fit in to their style of play and was out their plans well before the new manager came in. It was a risk, but had it worked out he would have been playing well in a league we would all have seen and his stock would have risen - a little like Jones and Stewart.
Glen does not really need “training” anymore - he is ready for game time and we don’t have any room for him at the moment as our squad is fairly balanced - but if I had a vote, Barker would be out and Middleton would be in.

when he went to Hibs I hoped it would work but thought it a strange choice, maybe there wasn’t a whole lot of choice, I dunno, but it struck me that the style of play of Motherwell would be far better for him. As I say, maybe they weren’t interested but the pace they shift the ball seemed to be far more suited for him. I Hope he gets a decent loan just now, he’s still a relative youngster and that’s a fair bit of upheaval he’s had in the last year.

I'm a fan of Middleton and still think he can make it with us. While his level dropped a bit after an excellent start I still think there's a lot of potential there. He's still only 20!
Agreed but his next move has got to work for him - seesm to have stalled a bit - but as you say he is young enough to get it right

With Murphy going and the rumours surrounding Jones, it might well be worth our while keeping Middleton in the squad.

Injuries to Kent etc and the options are rather limited.

Middleton has lost his way, going to Hibs wasn't a bright idea. He needs a better loan.

Ojo started really well. He has all the attributes to be a good player but we haven't seen that in several months. Hopefully the break can help him get back to his early season form where he looked unstoppable at times.

Jones cleary needs games.

Barker would be best put out on loan to get some confidence. He's been hopeless and I'd rather play McPake or Kennedy.

How is Hastie getting on?

Hearing that Robbie McCrorie has been recalled from QOTS and is being loaned to Livingston. Any truth in that?
This would be a good move for Robby McCrorie provided he does not end up sitting on the bench at Livingston, as he has played 20 league games for Queen of the South this season so far.

Big move for Robby McCrorie there..confirmed as going to livi. Big half season and could position himself well to take over from Shagger in 2021/2022.

Glad he's done well at Queens and I hope we send more talent to Queens as they seem to have done well with Robby.

Big move for Robby McCrorie there..confirmed as going to livi. Big half season and could position himself well to take over from Shagger in 2021/2022.

Glad he's done well at Queens and I hope we send more talent to Queens as they seem to have done well with Robby.

Think that's the way it's looking

I really think that Middleton made a mistake when choosing hibs over the move abroad. Would have really helped his development and i wonder if that may have slightly soured Gerrard's view of Middleton.

I really think that Middleton made a mistake when choosing hibs over the move abroad. Would have really helped his development and i wonder if that may have slightly soured Gerrard's view of Middleton.
That’s the feeling that I got, he was advised to go to Holland turned it down and what happened at Hibs.

Robby McCrorie MOTM on his premier League debut.

Is Ross not fit yet as he's not playing?

As for Hastie, he's struggling to get game time. If he hadn't already played for two teams I'd suggest we loan him elsewhere.

Robby McCrorie MOTM on his premier League debut.

Is Ross not fit yet as he's not playing?

As for Hastie, he's struggling to get game time. If he hadn't already played for two teams I'd suggest we loan him elsewhere.

Ross is injured

Brilliant, Gerard has high hopes for thre kid. here is hoping he continues to progress.

F*cking Hell, the post you replied to was from 13 July 2019.:eek: At first I thought it was a typo and you meant last nights Livingston match.

Trying to get your post-count up for access to The Lounge?;):)

Middleton scored for our development team today, would imagine his loan move will go through this week

Stephen Kelly just scored for Ayr United v Inverness

Seems like it has been a great loan so far for Stephen Kelly. Wonder what the next stage in his development will be. Is he good enough to be in the first team squad next year, or another loan to a higher level most likely?

I'd like to see mccrorrie as shaggers successor

Will be away end of season seeking to kick on after full season playing 1st team football

You're miles off the mark mate.

He will come back, after a very successful loan at a lower level and push to become part of our 1st team squad.

He may even go out on loan at an SPL club next season, but he will continue to develop.

His career is taking the right path.

He's not at our level yet, but is a terrific prospect and is developing nicely.

You're miles off the mark mate.

He will come back, after a very successful loan at a lower level and push to become part of our 1st team squad.

He may even go out on loan at an SPL club next season, but he will continue to develop.

His career is taking the right path.

He's not at our level yet, but is a terrific prospect and is developing nicely.

Great news let’s hope your right

How’s Holt doing in general, tonight aside? Seems to be in and out of team whenever I’d looked, had hoped he’d reestablish himself as a decent SPFL player.

Mayo to thistle, apparently Rangers would prefer him to play defensive midfield, he has a calf strain and won't feature tonight

Last edited:
Back