Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

Good goal by Murphy. Did he play the full 90?

Yes mate, and was replaced by David Templeton no less, late on in the previous game.

Two games and two goals. The video above shows a terrific goal, he hit the post too !

I hope he comes back and gets a chance. This wee loan spell could be just what he needs to get himself fit and confident to show Gerrard he's more than able to take a place in the squad again.

Last edited:
It's a shame for Jamie that it never worked out after his injury. he's a decent player and could have done a job for us imho.

It's a shame for Jamie that it never worked out after his injury. he's a decent player and could have done a job for us imho.
You make it sound like he's left permanently.

Decent loan and I wouldn't be surprised to see him back.

Last edited:
Greg Docherty started in the cup tie earlier, grabbed a goal and had 2 assists!! Good numbers regardless of the opposition!! Had a quick look through for their fans opinion on him and general consensus is positive!!

Any hope for him having a future back with us? No matter what he does out on loan?

Edit: Sorry didn't see the match thread re Doc

Last edited:
I still think he can do a job for us theres no way those shoddy plastic shitey pitches should be used in professional football

I think Greg Docherty has unfortunately missed the boat as far as playing his way into Stevie G's first 11. He is a solid performer from what I've seen of him, but he just doesn't have that little bit extra that the likes of Ianis Hagi has in abundance.

Quite frustrating to see Murphy and Docherty go on loan and perform so well (albeit with little game time to make full judgements). I would prefer Murphy to Ojo and Docherty to Kamara at this moment in time.

Did anyone see Docherty shooting and scoring from outside the box - wish our midfielders would attempt that now and again. Instead of passing sideways or backwards.

Think Murphy would be a better choice than Kent playing against packed SPFL defences. Kent for the European games and against Celtic.

Jamie Murphy scores for Burton.....again
Really happy for him and wish he was doing it for us. But now he'll be fit and in a position to come back and have an effect for us next season.

We just couldn't afford the risk of us chucking him in and building him up for him to be ineffective at a crucial time...looks daft now but then we were still eyeing up the title then and Aribo/Kent looked the next big AM partnership

Yeah almost certain it's up this summer, shame he lost a full year due to our 3rd world pitches. Good luck to him, glad the club have gave him a 6 month window to get a good move
Think it’s just a mix of bad timing and the latter stages of a career sadly

Back