Loanees - please think again, Rangers

crmpicco

I strongly believe we need to move away from the temptation and habit of going south and picking up loanees. For every successful loan like Steven Davis there are 100 Sean Goss.

Ryan Kent, Ovie Ejaria and Joe Worral are English Championship level players on their day and for loan players that is not what we’re looking for. An example of a loanee we need are when we got Davis and when Celtic got Bellamy. Instant starters and made very clear impact.

Our main aim as a club is to win the league again in the very near future and I would urge the club to promote one of our own players to the first team before calling the Director of Football at Liverpool to enquire about their “starlet”, who incredulously can’t get near their own team (funny that).

I really believe we need to stop this loan habit and concentrate on bringing our own players on as the reward is far greater. Maybe as fans we need to calm our thirst for new signings unless they are real quality because I am personally sick of seeing donkeys from Nottingham Forest and Norwich come to our club and fart around.

Come on mate, surely you don’t think we preferred to bring in loan players rather than buy players? It’s not through choice, it’s necessity.

We had to bring in nearly an entire new squad, you aren’t going to do that with our budget in one window. Loan’s plug the gap until we find the right players for the right price.

For example, I doubt Worrall would be here if we’d managed to get Cooper.

Frightening to think that Steven Gerrard said a few weeks ago he would sign all the loan players permanently if he could,perhaps he said it to boost there confidence and get the best out of them but none of them are good enough to win us the league.

Frightening to think that Steven Gerrard said a few weeks ago he would sign all the loan players permanently if he could,perhaps he said it to boost there confidence and get the best out of them but none of them are good enough to win us the league.

That was more than a few weeks ago when Ejaria/Kent/Coulibaly were all playing well.

Come on mate, surely you don’t think we preferred to bring in loan players rather than buy players? It’s not through choice, it’s necessity.

We had to bring in nearly an entire new squad, you aren’t going to do that with our budget in one window. Loan’s plug the gap until we find the right players for the right price.

For example, I doubt Worrall would be here if we’d managed to get Cooper.
I understand loans aren’t the preferred option. What I am suggesting is why not play our OWN players instead? Can anyone actually tell me with a straight face that Ejaria is better than Docherty and Coulibaly is better than Ross McCrorie? Neither of those loan players are stick outs or better than what we have on our books already. So why not play the Scottish boys that may come onto a game rather than training up Liverpool and Angers reserves?

I agree we need to stop relying on loans, but it’s clearly a stop gap/financial thing for us right now. We don’t have the money to go out and buy the quality of player needed and we are going to have to be patient and box clever over a few transfer windows to rebuild this squad.

The issue is after a few months we can see that Ejaria, Coulibaly,Worrall and Sadiq are pretty poor and truth be told they are no real improvement on the likes of Holt, Rudden or Docherty who we have punted out on loan.

I would like to send back all the loanees except Kent in January, but realistically because they make up such a important number of our squad we can’t afford to.

Yes, likely a tactic to boost confidence

I agree we need to stop relying on loans, but it’s clearly a stop gap/financial thing for us right now. We don’t have the money to go out and buy the quality of player needed and we are going to have to be patient and box clever over a few transfer windows to rebuild this squad.

The issue is after a few months we can see that Ejaria, Coulibaly,Worrall and Sadiq are pretty poor and truth be told they are no real improvement on the likes of Holt, Rudden or Docherty who we have punted out on loan.

I would like to send back all the loanees except Kent in January, but realistically because they make up such a important number of our squad we can’t afford to.
If true then what a state we are in. Stuck with sub standard players because we need the skulls. Pathetic

Coulibaly hasn’t had a good game in about 3 month mate

My point is Gerrard’s comment about signing them all was a while ago when they were all on a game. I might be wrong, but I’m sure it was prior to Coul’s injury he said it.

I understand loans aren’t the preferred option. What I am suggesting is why not play our OWN players instead? Can anyone actually tell me with a straight face that Ejaria is better than Docherty and Coulibaly is better than Ross McCrorie? Neither of those loan players are stick outs or better than what we have on our books already. So why not play the Scottish boys that may come onto a game rather than training up Liverpool and Angers reserves?

I don’t know mate, I don’t see these guys every day in training. What I will say is:

1. Docherty isn’t here
2. McCrorie would be a Jack replacement if anybody. He doesn’t offer anything going forward which is why I’m guessing he isn’t on in front of Coulibaly.

I have no problem with using loan signings to bolster our fairly thin squad.

I do have a problem with loan players playing ahead of our 'own' players when they don't offer us anything better (Worral over Katic for example)

I have no problem with using loan signings to bolster our fairly thin squad.

I do have a problem with loan players playing ahead of our 'own' players when they don't offer us anything better (Worral over Katic for example)
That’s the problem though, the loan players we get aren’t any better than the players we already have - so why do it? I’m fed up of being hoodwinked by signings

Don’t mind loan players if they are better quality than what we can afford to sign permanently but we’re bringing in too many who aren’t any better than what we’ve got.

We do have too many loan players but I guess we do need them to bolster the squad. Too many of them are getting too much game time despite not earning it. As above, using loan players over players we own when they offer nothing better just isn't on.

We do have too many loan players but I guess we do need them to bolster the squad. Too many of them are getting too much game time despite not earning it. As above, using loan players over players we own when they offer nothing better just isn't on.
Why though? Why bring in loans (e.g. Ejaria and Sadiq) and send Docherty and Dodoo out on loan. They aren't any better. In fact i'd say Sadiq is significantly worse than Joe Dodoo.

We need to rap this loan thing. It doesn't work for us.

Cmon, surely the reason we have so many loans is obvious? I’m sure SG would prefer to not be striking loan deals.

We don’t have the money to reshape a squad with 7-8 permanent signings. And even if we did the market we’d be shopping in doesn’t sell finished articles.

If a loanee doesn’t work out he returns to his parent club. If a permanent signing in the <£2m market doesn’t work out you’ve still got the player on the books for 3 or 4 years.

The useless shower of cnuts in our team are the same ones that were top of the league last week no?

I get being p1ssed off at a poor result, but the race to blame people who were heroes a week ago just looks childish & really doesn't help anyone

Football has changed so much since 2008 when the OP uses the Davis loan as an example of what once was within our scope to achieve as a signing.

English football is draining the life out of every sinew of leagues such as ours and financially the only players we can attract are 19-22 year olds on loan, the type of prospects who in all likelihood won't actually make it with their parent club due to the money which can be spent on signing a finished article player from overseas.

The only long term solution to developing a strong, winning team which is our own is to develop from within. But as the Billy Gilmour case indicates, this is also not failsafe in the modern day as our best talent can simply be poached before they even make the 1st team.

That’s the problem though, the loan players we get aren’t any better than the players we already have - so why do it? I’m fed up of being hoodwinked by signings
I get what you’re saying here but, I reckon the answer here is the FF, maybe football fan in general, classic and that players like Holt and Docherty are getting better because of their absence.
Both players are doing well but at a much lower level, both of football standard and expectation.
I can’t disagree with your Worrall or Katic argument.
I can’t see where Worrall is better.

Let's be clear, if we didn't bring in these loan players we'd have likely been bringing in inferior players on free transfers/small fees.

We'd still have Russell Martin on our books as we'd have signed him so don't be quick to dismiss the loan system!

We had a squad of charlatans at the end of last season and it's not possible for us to put in place a successful squad overnight.

If it means we need to over-rely on the loan market to give us an injection of squad depth and added quality then it needs to be done.

In January it is probably likely that we'll need to do the same. The days are gone when we can throw about millions as a gamble.

Ejaria, Kent and Worrall would set us back around 20 mill if we paid upfront for them. For that reason i think the loan market is good to us.

Harsh on Kent OP. The guy busts a gut for us every time he plays and has shown he has talent.

It isn’t harsh on Kent. He has got very low assists and goals scored when he is playing in a front 3. Him and the other wide players aren’t much better.
Look at Forrest for them, that is the type of contribution we need from our wide players.

Back