Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

steve1873

This is the reply my brother just got from.his complaint...

Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. Like any sports columnist, Bill Leckie is passionate about the game and has a deep understanding of it.

In his column he was simply responding to stories last week in which Steven Gerrard claimed people were trying to ‘kill’ Alfredo Morelos’ career at Rangers. Bill was making the point that, in his opinion, Mr Morelos is his own worst enemy. It wasn’t an attack on the player, simply criticism of his recent behaviour and disciplinary record.

He made the point that these incidents inevitably cause issues with opposing fans, and argued that only Morelos can be the master of his own destiny. Bill went on to highlight the work done by Mr Gerrard and said that, together, they can solve the problem.

As an opinion column, it is inevitable that not everyone will agree with Bill’s views. Mr Alfredo has had a great deal of praise from our writers and columnists for his goal-scoring abilities and the crucial role he has played for Rangers this season. We have always aimed to provide a range of viewpoints, and will continue to do so.

Best wishes, Robyn

Robyn Kelly Assistant Managing Editor The Sun 0207 782 6834

Last edited:

Walter2

Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. Like any sports columnist, Bill Leckie is passionate about the game and has a deep understanding of it.

In his column he was simply responding to stories last week in which Steven Gerrard claimed people were trying to ‘kill’ Alfredo Morelos’ career at Rangers. Bill was making the point that, in his opinion, Mr Morelos is his own worst enemy. It wasn’t an attack on the player, simply criticism of his recent behaviour and disciplinary record.

He made the point that these incidents inevitably cause issues with opposing fans, and argued that only Morelos can be the master of his own destiny. Bill went on to highlight the work done by Mr Gerrard and said that, together, they can solve the problem.

As an opinion column, it is inevitable that not everyone will agree with Bill’s views. Mr Alfredo has had a great deal of praise from our writers and columnists for his goal-scoring abilities and the crucial role he has played for Rangers this season. We have always aimed to provide a range of viewpoints, and will continue to do so.

Best wishes, Robyn Robyn Kelly Assistant Managing Editor The Sun 0207 782 6834
MR ALFREDO.???

Ponientebear

It ‘wasn’t an attack on the player’? Calling him a waster, a cheat, a whiner and a diver, with a ‘bitch face’. Sure sounds like an attack to me.
Yes according to Robyn Robyn Kelly :eek: all those words were either a figment of our imagination or they mean something entirely different to this goon.

GingerRanger

Dear Craig,

Best wishes, Robyn Robyn Kelly Assistant Managing Editor The Sun 0207 782 6834
That’s almost as insulting as the original article.

Virgil Hilts

I've resigned myself to the fact that the board will do nothing about this. Utterly spineless when it comes to defending the players/fans.
I wouldn’t expect anything from Stewart Robertson that could in any way be misconstrued as confront or aggressive.

Dignified silence will cost us more trophies going forward.

Haining84

I wouldn’t expect anything from Stewart Robertson that could in any way be misconstrued as confront or aggressive.

Dignified silence will cost us more trophies going forward.
I don’t think dignified silence can really be an accusation aimed at our current board in general.

This incident,yes but not overall.

Last edited:

Virgil Hilts

I don’t think dignified silence can really be an accusation aimed at our current in general.

I do.

Robertson’s VAR snippet was shíte.

In December Rangers were cheated from pillar to post, cost us a trophy and top place in the league, The MD’s quoteswere písh poor, he didn’t even call Clancy out.

Ponientebear

I don’t think dignified silence can really be an accusation aimed at our current in general.

Really, remind us of all the times he’s fought the club’s corner with regards to the numerous attacks on both club and supporters.

Haining84

Really, remind us of all the times he’s fought the club’s corner with regards to the numerous attacks on both club and supporters.
Off the top of my head I recall the board speaking out after the Hibs cup final,highlighting the conflict of interest at the SPFL with MacLennan,FARE,Lawwell trying to get the EBT case against the club up and running again,BBC Scotland,the crush at Rugby park,Hibs cutting the ticket allocation,defending Morelos after the last Old Firm game,getting Spiers sacked for lying,the SNP councillors stopping the fanzone.

I wouldn’t quite call that dignified silence..

Aztec

Official Ticketer
I have just spoke to her on the phone and asked her who Mr Alfredo was ,to which she replied that it was just an error and she meant Morelos .When I said that it once again carried racist undertones and they should treat Alfie with more respect she said Bye quickly and put the phone down on me

fergie1959

I don't think he insinuates he does not belong here as in Scotland but that his behaviour does not belong on a football park which he has a point.

In my opinion he has an over the top go at Alfie for his diving and petulance on the park. He also gets a few things wrong like when he says it does not look like Alfie enjoys playing football which is BS if you have ever seen him score, which he does a lot!

Also lumping him in with Suarez is again trying to portray him in a worse light by comparing him to someone done for racism as well as biting opponents.

All in all it is an incredibly biased piece of trash journalism but I don't see it as racist.
Aye. Right.

Govan_derry

Official Ticketer
I don't think he insinuates he does not belong here as in Scotland but that his behaviour does not belong on a football park which he has a point.

In my opinion he has an over the top go at Alfie for his diving and petulance on the park. He also gets a few things wrong like when he says it does not look like Alfie enjoys playing football which is BS if you have ever seen him score, which he does a lot!

Also lumping him in with Suarez is again trying to portray him in a worse light by comparing him to someone done for racism as well as biting opponents.

All in all it is an incredibly biased piece of trash journalism but I don't see it as racist.
Yet when someone says popcorn teeth brings it on himself, as Leckie has about Morelos, it’s deemed as being racist?

theateam

Googled Leckie/Mckay
And a wee quote from Leckie sticking up for McKay

It’s the easiest thing in the world to cherry-pick one blot in a man’s entire life and decide that it marks him forever.

Me? I’d rather give him a chance to explain how he feels about his own mistakes, what he’s learned from them and how he plans to make amends.

Pity he doesn't think the same about one of our own.