Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

The worst thing is this isn’t a reactionary article in the immediate aftermath of some sort of wrongdoing from Morelos. We are in a winter break and in that time Morelos has come back and done some charity work in Colombia. Nevertheless Leckie has deemed it necessary to write his bile without any prompting. A vile excuse of a human being.
Oh he was prompted alright..ever heard of hollicum?
Sneaky pete's go to puppets

The club came out after the scottish cup final and look where that got them.

Gerrard made that statement to get a reaction and it's worked. Surprisingly it was only one mug that fell for it as usually when someone has a pop at the media they all stick together, no matter who they work for.

This wont do us any harm. Gerrard is creating a siege mentality which will benefit us. So I'm not going to let leckie wind me up as any digging at morelos is clearly not working as his goalscoring has proved.

This should be the final nail in his coffin, Leckie and the scum rag that allowed that sh*te to be printed should be banned, sin die, from Ibrox, no if or buts Rangers, ban these bassas now :mad:

I can't decide if we openly attack this racist trash, open up all guns blazing.

Or just let it die, and withdraw his press credentials....let him find out next time he tries to get in. Don't mention it or him, starve the racist sex-pest of the oxygen of publicity he seeks.

What do we think?
Ban his employer, that will effect him more so.

No I suggest we do not click on their site as that is what they base how popular they are! Leckie does not go to Ibrox so waste of timing banning him so hit their revenue

I dont buy newspapers but plenty of people do. Simply appealing for Rangers' fans to stop clicking, listening or buying hasnt worked up till now and is unlikely to make any difference in the future. We NEED more.

Leckie you are a sad , pathetic individual. Rangers, you must ban him and his paper from Ibrox.

“One Scotland,many cultures”

Weve barred others for less, so i think the club should do likewise with this muppet, as he's obviously got an agenda against anything to do with our club.
Especially against Alfredo Morelos, his reporting this morning regarding the boy, was nothing short of disgraceful.
I think Stevie G.should put a stop to this Cretin entering our building, especially during press conferences in the near future.i.e.as from now.
A 2nd.rate so called journalist if ever ive seen and heard.

Miserable? He looks anything but when hes clapping away on the bench to songs. If this is genuine rangers need to come out and take him to task. It's not just an attack on a player for his football. This is an attack on the player himself that cant be backed up. Not once has he said hes unhappy etc or anything he says in that article. Appalling tbh a journalist would come out with this drivel.
Leckie is not a journalist, he is a fat rejected fuckwit.
A total nonentity who should be treated accordingly.

The sooner peope at the club grow a set of balls and ban every single media outlet the better.

I'd also refuse to cooperate with sky and BT. If they want access to Steven Gerrard and our players then they can watch Rangers TV

There are a lot of people at the moment complaining about how Meghan Markle is treated by the press. Sly hints about sexism and racism. Meanwhile, the press up here are absolutely blatant with their racist demonization of Alfredo Morelos. We know why. They are bigots who are terrified Fredo will play a huge part in returning our Championship to where it belongs. If Rangers don't respond to this disgusting article from this little hater, it will never stop. Come on Dave King and Stewart Robertson. This is an open goal for you.

Just seen Gordon Watson has posted a Bill Leckie article in which he defends Malky McKay after his racist abuse of players.

So McKay gets second chance yet Morelos is a waste?

Is there anyone on here willing to say this Leckie article isn’t racism?

Disgraceful articles - both the newspaper story and Leckie.
Unsure about banning the Sun at this point Especially as Leckie doesn’t venture to Ibrox. Let the Sun attend press conferences but ignore any questions from their representative and just take questions from others. Treat them like the invisible man. Hopefully they will get the message and either mend their ways or just stop coming to Ibrox.

Just seen Gordon Watson has posted a Bill Leckie article in which he defends Malky McKay after his racist abuse of players.

So McKay gets second chance yet Morelos is a waste?

Is there anyone on here willing to say this Leckie article isn’t racism?

I didn't think it was racist.

I didn't think it was racist.

What is it then if it’s not racist? He’s said Morelos is a waster for what exactly ? What has he done to earn this tag?

We play in a league were players have racism convictions and spent time in jail for smashing someone’s head in with a baseball bat yet Morelos is the waster?

I’m not saying this is you, but I find a lot of people on here and in Scotland in general only see racism if it’s guys dressed in white robes burning a cross in the front garden.

This diatribe is appalling. Imagine Alfie played for the filth, column after column would be dedicated to the ’best young striker in Europe’, ’unplayable genius’, ‘focused and committed’, certainly there wouldn’t be the witch hunt from arseholes like Leckie. I’m sorry to say but Stuart Robertson isn’t the man to take on the haters, he might do a lot of good work behind the scenes but we need a Rottweiler beside him , this shit is happening on a daily basis now, it’s out of control.

Is this some sort of trap? Does he want us to go mental so he can play the victim?

Something's not right here. There's bias then there's that, literally unbelievable.

Enough is enough and the club should either come out and condemn it or let us know via their usual
outlets why not. While Robertson may be a nice guy and do plenty of good work behind the scenes,as has been said above, we need a rotweiller to deal with the constant stream of bad press that is aimed at us.This not only harms the brand, but lets all and sundry think they can have any manner of shots at the support without recourse.I for one am sick of it and I don't think I am alone in that feeling.

There's no top flight football for 3 weeks and he writes this utter drivel. He needs to find a better job. Why not write a piece on Shankland who is setting the Championship alight?

Personally, I’d term this drivel xenophobic rather than racist. He’s jumping on the ‘el loco’ South American stereotype. A typical, parochial, small minded little nationalist type - all the characteristics I’ve seen him abusing the English for over the years. Hypocrite doesn’t begin to describe the Sun drone, would be independent ‘man of the people’ Bill Leckie.

I can't decide if we openly attack this racist trash, open up all guns blazing.

Or just let it die, and withdraw his press credentials....let him find out next time he tries to get in. Don't mention it or him, starve the racist sex-pest of the oxygen of publicity he seeks.

What do we think?
Absolutely destroy the piece of shit and withdraw his press credentials.

What is it then if it’s not racist? He’s said Morelos is a waster for what exactly ? What has he done to earn this tag?

We play in a league were players have racism convictions and spent time in jail for smashing someone’s head in with a baseball bat yet Morelos is the waster?

I’m not saying this is you, but I find a lot of people on here and in Scotland in general only see racism if it’s guys dressed in white robes burning a cross in the front garden.
What exactly makes it racist though? Are you exempt from being called a waster if you are black?

I think it's clear where Leckie's allegiances lie and he is simply taking a pop at our best player, not because he is black but because he is a Ranger's player.

What exactly makes it racist though? Are you exempt from being called a waster if you are black?

I think it's clear where Leckie's allegiances lie and he is simply taking a pop at our best player, not because he is black but because he is a Ranger's player.

It’s a form of racism called ‘othering’ - you subtly insinuate that they don’t belong here, they don’t play by ‘our’ rules and can be excluded from society. See the Labour Party recently with Jews.

As someone said, those not victims of racism tend to assume it needs to be n-words and outlandish insults. There’s more to it.

This piece is designed to tell morons they are justified in their hatred and because Alfie isn’t ‘one of us’ the rules of civility don’t apply.

It’s insidious, creepy and vile.

Anyone else remember the days of the RST where at least we had one element of the support on the front foot and holding scumbags to account?

The assumption the club would become more aware, strategic and throwaway this subservient fear of the press looks like a fallacy.

Get of your fucking knees Stewart and defend an employee of yours.

It’s a form of racism called ‘othering’ - you subtly insinuate that they don’t belong here, they don’t play by ‘our’ rules and can be excluded from society. See the Labour Party recently with Jews.

As someone said, those not victims of racism tend to assume it needs to be n-words and outlandish insults. There’s more to it.

This piece is designed to tell morons they are justified in their hatred and because Alfie isn’t ‘one of us’ the rules of civility don’t apply.

Exactly this. If the club allow this to pass I'll be severely disappointed.

Good pod today. Covered it well.

Enough is enough and the club should either come out and condemn it or let us know via their usual
outlets why not. While Robertson may be a nice guy and do plenty of good work behind the scenes,as has been said above, we need a rotweiller to deal with the constant stream of bad press that is aimed at us.This not only harms the brand, but lets all and sundry think they can have any manner of shots at the support without recourse.I for one am sick of it and I don't think I am alone in that feeling.

We've put up with this for years and years. Its hard to take but apart from the usual "dont buy it" there's nothing we can do as fans. The only people with the power to stop this are inside Ibrox but they seem unwilling, for whatever reason, to do anything.

Its especially galling to see the way the club reacts when the attack is aimed at one of the directors or a directors son. What does this tell us? Do they not care about the affect this has on fans? I cant think of any other explanation.

Just read it and utterly disgusted .

Something must be done ,I mean if Bill Leckie reads that and doesn’t think he’s racist then he’s an even bigger racist .

Apathy won’t win any prizes on this one ,we have to set an example whilst doing the right thing ,and there is no one better to make an example of than this ignorant horrible vile oaf.

Leckie includes a point that for me, points out the Scottish mhedia to a tee. He suggests that Alfie runs around "taking fly kicks at opponents". His highest profile red card of his career was at the piggery when he reacted to Scott Brown literally doing just that and it was reported as him being "cheeky". What chance do you have on that uneven playing field?

I don't think he insinuates he does not belong here as in Scotland but that his behaviour does not belong on a football park which he has a point.

In my opinion he has an over the top go at Alfie for his diving and petulance on the park. He also gets a few things wrong like when he says it does not look like Alfie enjoys playing football which is BS if you have ever seen him score, which he does a lot!

Also lumping him in with Suarez is again trying to portray him in a worse light by comparing him to someone done for racism as well as biting opponents.

All in all it is an incredibly biased piece of trash journalism but I don't see it as racist.

Back