Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

This should be the final nail in the Sun's coffin in regard to access to the stadium and the HTC.

Get them banned Rangers and defend your player.

It should be the final nail mate - but I’ve been waiting on us banning the Sun for years now.

I keep thinking “surely we will ban them after this article” - but no.

Hopefully now.

Another thing, have Stokes, Lennon, Griffiths, etc ever been subjected to the same vitriol from Leckie, and look at their behavior - on and off the pitch? Over a period of years each of them have remained remarkably free of negative attention from him despite all sorts of carry-on..

If Leckie or anyone in the media had attacked any of the above, particularly Lennon in the manner he's attacked Morelos in that article then not only would he never write anything again, he would be under police protection for it. Liewell would ensure that his career was over, you'd have a clamour from politicians and fellow hacks to condemn him as a racist, sectarian bigot and their fans would be hounding him in the streets and at home.

We on the other hand say and do nothing and parasites like Leckie, Spiers, Stewart etc know this full well, hence why they are able to spew their poison about our club, our support and our players without any fear of being taken to task. They are spineless cowards to a man and our club should be going after them with everything they've got when they print bile like this latest piece from Leckie.

He dives, he cheats, he lashes out without any kind of provocation , he celebrates in front of rival team’s fans, though he knows it wont get him in trouble.
Then, when it all comes back to haunt him, he plays the victim. Or rather, he gets his manager to play it for him.

Add any scum name to the above and you wont see that written.

Horrible personal attack on Morelos by leckie.

In fact it’s feckin disgusting and I sincerely hope Rangers take this weasel and the Sun newspaper to task over this.

Everything about the article is so feckin wrong. Will be bitterly disappointed if the club let this go.

Mean while he has hee haw to say about the terrible blatantly cheating ref, and Christie with yet another 2 footed slide tackle! No that type of player Bill? Why because he plays in green?

Sad fat xenophobic racist waste of skin should be asked into Ibrox to explain that article. I’m amazed a guy like that can go about his day and not be ridiculed at least for writing stuff like that he should be laughed and pointed at.

Bit shocked at that article actually. It’s like between him Sutton and a few others they are pushing and pushing the barrier to see how far they can go.

it’s an incredibly personal, vindictive and racist article.

can you imagine him writing the same about a black players Lips and Nose...

Rangers need to ban the Sun.No ifs, No buts. That’s it the line is crossed.

Has a player in Scotland ever received such treatment from the press?
Has any player, anywhere? Even when Suarez bit someone he never then received 2 years of continual hatried from the press. Anyone who cant see the co-ordinated media agenda to drive down Morelos’s value and to keep him in referees cross hairs is deluded. Gerrard will loathe the Sun for obvious reasons so I’d be astonished if he doesn’t draw a line in the sand here and ban them.

The worrying thing is, articles looe these are available worldeide for anyine doing a quick google search.

They know what they are doing

He seems to have conveniently forgot the raw teenage Gerrard charging in with two feet tackles.

Leckie needs a ban, swathes of vitriol or some such response to make him relevant. He’s become a nonentity in Scottish football, hence he writes badly structured columns for those who see love island as high brow telly. The journalistic Pygmy of Scotland.

A waster really really really Morelos is one of the best you g strikers in Europe and this lady's front bottom describes like this gtf

rangers ban him and his newspaper

they are trolls get to %^*&

I’d invite him to the next Pre match press conference and before it starts in front of all the other journalists ask him to stand up

Tell him publicly his opinion and racist attitude is not acceptable and he will no longer be welcome at our club for the rest of his career and chuck him out of the building

I would also tell Rodger Hannah he’s no longer welcome alongside all the other Sun journalists

Andy Devlin has made a career by being close to Dave King. Too bad Andy your wee fat colleague has spoiled the gravy chain for you

Leckie is a lonely waster who cannot keep a woman satisfied or happy

Enjoy paying for sex you little loser

I’d invite him to the next Pre match press conference and before it starts in front of all the other journalists ask him to stand up

Tell him publicly his opinion and racist attitude is not acceptable and he will no longer be welcome at our club for the rest of his career and chuck him out of the building

I would also tell Rodger Hannah he’s no longer welcome alongside all the other Sun journalists

Andy Devlin has made a career by being close to Dave King. Too bad Andy your wee fat colleague has spoiled the gravy chain for you

Leckie is a lonely waster who cannot keep a woman satisfied or happy

Enjoy paying for sex you little loser
Devlin is Jim Traynor’s journo of choice.

Gerrard got respect? He had an entire country (more actually) laughing, mocking & singing songs when he slid against Chelsea which went a long way to derail his boyhood dream of leading Liverpool to the title.
That kind of respect?

This should be the final nail in the Sun's coffin in regard to access to the stadium and the HTC.

Get them banned Rangers and defend your player.

It's based on nothing tbf but I get the feeling that the sheer hatred shown from Leckie in the piece will see the club take this further.

Hopefully resulting in a ban.

Leckie needs a ban, swathes of vitriol or some such response to make him relevant. He’s become a nonentity in Scottish football, hence he writes badly structured columns for those who see love island as high brow telly. The journalistic Pygmy of Scotland.

Leckie doesn’t go to Ibrox so banning him is pointless ban the Sun completely, I’m sure the manager would be more than happy not having to speak to Sun journalists.

Reactions: TPP
Unbelievable. Weren't they going on about respect our players?

The media aren't gonna be satisfied until one of 2 thing's happen.

1) Alfie leaves
2) Alfie gets done in outside the ground

The whipping into a frenzy over him is unprecedented

You can feel the anger seeping from that fat kunt, a disgusting piece allowed once again to be published by Roger hannah who acts the nice guy on super scoreboard all the time but is really a bitter mentally challenged pig.

Ban them

I was going to say it's getting ridiculous now but it got ridiculous long ago.

In my opinion, these types of attacks are not only to try force the best player in the country away, they're trying to turn some Rangers fans against Alfredo. I believe they hope that there's enough gullibles in our support to actually take on board what they're saying.

I would seriously Love it if we could get a Colombia flag card display at Ibrox for Alfredo's first game back after suspension, just as a show of support to The Buff as well as a get it right up you to the outsiders.

Is there some sort of journalist code he has breached? There must be some sort of professional ethics that he has broken with that article.

Can he be sanctioned for such a breach?

Is there some sort of journalist code he has breached? There must be some sort of professional ethics that he has broken with that article.

Can he be sanctioned for such a breach?
Club 1872 reported a couple of previous articles to the Press Complaints. This is certainly on a par with those.

Leckie also has previous for racist, xenophobic articles, he used to rip the pish out of Di Canio, slaughtering and making fun of the way he spoke. He done it with Gazza too, a pitiful attempt at humour.

Has a player in Scotland ever received such treatment from the press?

Off the top of my head Gazza and Fernando got some of the same treatment but definitely not to the same level.

The didn't like Diouf or Barton but those two were probably never seen as a threat.

When it comes down to it this is a coordinated attack on our best players. Simple as that.
It seems like it only properly kicked off last season and has gone into overdrive as soon as it looks like we might actually be about to win the league here. His first season was very quiet, I think?

Can't think of another player they've ever done this with. It doesn't even make sense from a football perspective as he isn't a particularly bad or dirty player. So it has to be personal and not football related. There isn't even anything happening off the pitch with Alfredo that makes him a controversial character in any way at all.

It's a total disgrace.

Where else in world football would you see the Leagues best player be berated and chastised on a daily basis? Nowhere.

Scotland has become a cesspit.

They know he'll bring us silverware and lots of money so drive his price down and drive him out.

Leckie is one of those tragic old mentally challengeds who stand on top of high landmarks and video themselves saying "a cannae see the ranjurs coming"

A complete irrelevance, best mocked then forgotten about.

Everyone knows who the waster is here.

Wow.

Honestly just wow.

A waster... seriously? A poor kid from South American slums who now earns 10’s of thousands per week and pours half of it back into his homeland to help under privileged kids. A guy who is never near the front pages for any off field misbehaviour. A young boy who’s dedication to succeed has taken him halfway round the globe by his early 20’s and seen him called up and score for a nation like Colombia.

A boy sitting as top scorer in a UEFA competition moving into the year with almost 30 goals to his name.

That’s his definition of a waster? Because he has been booked for diving and giving it back to supporters who habitually racially abuse him, abuse his family and pelt him with coins and lighters.

Absolutely unbelievable what I’ve just read. Completely unnecessary over the top guttersnipe garbage. Disgusting xenophobic nonsense.

They are stoking a fire so that when the time comes for us to take our rightful place at the top the fallout from it from the mentally challengeds will be huge attacks on our players , constant lies to appease the great unwashed .
What do they want some smacked up mentally challenged to jump the barrier and assault Rangers players ,will they be happy then .Do they want a repeat of the scenes our players had to endure against the spoon burners . make no mistake about it this is not just a lone rabid journo attacking on Alfie ,this is a campaign of false propaganda to intimidate referees , so that we do not win the league .
Trying to unsettle players with hyped up stories of clubs wanting them .
They are an absolute disgrace to the fine journalists in the past .Its not just creatures like Leckie and English equal blame must go to the editors or producers who proved these sham pieces to go in their rags .
Makes me ashamed to even be associated with this Republic of Scotland

Rangers , please try to find out why lekie felt the need to put his name to the most hate filled article ever written about a foreigner working in Scotland ,then go after the editor for allowing this unfounded/unprecedented personal attack fuelled by hatred and racism to be printed.
No other football player has to suffer either on or off the pitch the way Alfredo Morelos does and as a supporter of Glasgow Rangers , I believe this attack cannot be allowed to go unchallenged .
It pains me that by challenging the sun editors on this article that leckie will get his 5 minutes of fame but a line has been crossed here and must be redressed.

Last edited:
The sheer vitriol and hatred for Rangers and Alfredo Morelos in that article is quite shocking. It seems to me that following our win at Parkhead, Lawwell’s lackeys in the media have orchestrated a campaign of attacks against Alfredo Morelos in particular, and to a lesser extent Ryan Kent, Ryan Jack and our other top players, possibly with a view to unsettling them in the hope that they’ll lose form or to drive them out of Scottish football. The dominance of the Rangers in both the League Cup final the recent league game seems to have come as a surprise to Celtic and they, through Sutton, Leckie et al, are trying every dirty trick in the book. Their fear is palpable.
I thought Sutton’s comments were the pits but Leckie’s column has hit a new low and I for one would be extremely happy to see Leckie and the Sun banned from Ibrox.

Stopped reading when he said Sutton was a decent guy....The fat wank was probably sitting pulling the head off his wee penis when he was typing that.

"He dives, he cheats, he lashes out at the kind of provocation 99 per cent around him laugh off, he celebrates in front of rival team’s fans, though he knows it’ll get him in trouble. "

Funnily enough, Rangers fans were called bigots for calling Neil Lennon a wanker when he did the same.

It really is embarrassing that guys like Leckie are regarded as journalists, without Rangers they would have nothing to write about, the Sun is his level, basically a comic masquerading as a newspaper. What a sad, twisted individual.

How low has your life fallen when you have to take a job writing sensationalist garbage for the Sun comic. The guy is an attention seeking failure.

In his lonely hearts profile he wrote, "I went to college in 1980 to do (sic) journalism and hated it. Failed all but one exam and went out hunting for a job."

Nearly forty years later, he still carries that hatred with him. Obviously, the bar to 'write' for The Sun is set very low.

Back